Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass Lounges in MIA

Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, COPA ConnectMiles Gold, LATAM Pass Gold

I´m doing MIA-LGA on DL on March 16, and I have around 3 hours to kill at the airport. Later on I´m doing MIA-SCL-EZE on March 23 on AA, with around the same time to kill.
I have a Priority Pass Membership (the one with 2 free visits per years, complimentary with my MasterCard Black).
In the PP page I found 2 lounges at MIA, in concourses H and J, apparently both AFTER security.
Can I clear security, use the lounge, and then go back to my respective concourse? I think neither DL nor AA use those concourses.
If not, is there any lounge before security than I can access? Otherwise, this PP Membership is prety much useless...
Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:46 am

No airline has a lounge pre-security. There are two a pre-security lounges the Consular lounge (only for traveling foreign diplomats, government officials, dignitaries and other official guests and VIPs) and Military Hospitality Lounge. No airline lounge program can get you into any of those. Here is the link to VIP lounges at MIA http://www.miami-airport.com/vip_clubs_and_lounges.asp
If you have 3 hours to kill that will give you plenty of time to clear security, go to lounge and then back to your concourse. Almost positive you can do that, but check with the airport just in case. With all the ever changing security measures, I can't assure you what you can and can't do around any airport anymore. Have fun in NY!!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:51 am
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
I believe the PriorityPass lounges are the Club America ones at F and J. The only lounge at H is Delta's.

Anyway, J and H concourses are connected past security (airside) so you will be able to access one of the lounges when flying Delta.

Concourses D and E are also connected airside.

It is not possible to pass through a security checkpoint with a boarding pass to a flight departing from a gate not reachable through that checkpoint.

Concourse F is, I believe, isolated (I'm not 100% sure about this). if so, I think you will not be able to use any lounge when flying AA.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Great info! Thanks guys!
So basically If I fly AA I won't be able to use any Priority Pass Lounges?????
On the DL flight I may be able to access the DL concourse an the connect airside to either concourse where these lounges are.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:16 pm
NPF

Originally Posted by jpsantopinto
Great info! Thanks guys!
So basically If I fly AA I won't be able to use any Priority Pass Lounges?????
On the DL flight I may be able to access the DL concourse an the connect airside to either concourse where these lounges are.
You could try to reach Concourse F (and report back to us, please!); as I said, I am not 100% sure if it is isolated or connected to Concourse E.

(Concourse F is the only one I have never used at MIA)
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by NPF
You could try to reach Concourse F (and report back to us, please!); as I said, I am not 100% sure if it is isolated or connected to Concourse E.

(Concourse F is the only one I have never used at MIA)
Concourse E is not connected to F. The OP can try to get through Security for the lounge but I would not count on it. There are two AA Admirals Clubs in Concourse D (which is connected to E) which offer daily passes at $50. Both have showers although both are very crowded.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Concourse E is not connected to F. The OP can try to get through Security for the lounge but I would not count on it. There are two AA Admirals Clubs in Concourse D (which is connected to E) which offer daily passes at $50. Both have showers although both are very crowded.
So bottomline is no PP use in MIA while flying AA... DL should be OK though...
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:06 pm

The "VIP Lounge" in concourse J says "limited access between 13.00 and 17.00 daily." Does anyone know what that would mean?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Will do MIA-BOS and curious about this as well. I want to get to the Club America lounge in F but will be flying AA.

Will be flying AA and I heard there's a moving walkway post security on the 3rd floor to get to terminal F.

Thank you.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (WP 8.0 / Nokia Black: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows Phone 8.0; Trident/6.0; IEMobile/10.0; ARM; Touch; NOKIA; Lumia 521))

The moving sidewalk on 3rd level is landside
Old Jul 3, 2014, 5:58 am
NPF

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
I heard there's a moving walkway post security on the 3rd floor to get to terminal F.

Thank you.
You're wrong. The moving walkway is pre-security / landside.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)

Okay thank you for the clarification.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just to add to the discussion, my brother had some hours to kill at MIA after flying in on AA earlier this year and tried to get to the lounge in F and was unable to due to there being no connection from E to F post-security.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:37 pm

Following up: if flying American out of big North/D terminal, but Priority Pass lounges at F and J, is there any way to do this smoothly, or is this a no-go? Don't want to have to go through security twice.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joetro
Following up: if flying American out of big North/D terminal, but Priority Pass lounges at F and J, is there any way to do this smoothly, or is this a no-go? Don't want to have to go through security twice.
See my post above yours, there's no way to get to the lounges without going through security twice I'm afraid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.