Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Disney World accomondation

Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Hi guys, i want to visit the Disney world with my boyfriend at the end of the year (prob in dec) and we want to stay close to the Disney world but the official Disney world hotels seem quite expensive to me. Are there any hotels close to the Disney world but with lower rates? Is there any chance to get a room for below 80$/person? Thank you in advance for your suggentions!
Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm not that familiar with off site hotels that are in that price range, particularly in December. While the early part of the month is low season, many people go to see all the holiday decorations that are put up around Thanksgiving.

Your best bet would be to go to www.disboards.com and review the off-site hotel forum there. You can also check www.mousesavers.com. They sometimes offer discounted hotels for readers of the site.

My opinion is that it will be on the difficult side to find something that is close to Disney AND around $80 per night. Perhaps priceline would work.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Look into renting a unit from a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) timeshare owner. www.disboards.com, mentioned above, has a whole sub-forum on it.

December is very busy, so do it now. It fills up. Go before Christmas. You can get considerably under $80 a person per day.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: FT
from time to time you can get the Buena Vista Palace hotel near Downtown Disney for around this price but I suspect not if over the Christmas holiday.

disboards is good. also mousesavers.com
Old Jul 25, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
$80 a person is $160 a night for double occupancy. If you are going over the holidays it may be difficult but anytime the first three weeks of December you should be able to get a room near Downtown Disney for that price. Did you look at Expedia or Priceline to see what hotels are located near? Also the Disney value resorts can often be had for that price.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You're right. I think that perhaps the Disney value resorts, using one of the various available discounts at that time of year, should be about that amount. I hadn't noticed it was per person.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you! Actually I am not planning to go there during the christmas break, probably first or second week of dec. I heard about disboards before but I haven't checked it yet. I am not really sure how priceline exactly works so I am a bit afraid to use it. Generally it is kind of an auction site, isn't it? But I probably will look into it if you all recommend it.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e
You're right. I think that perhaps the Disney value resorts, using one of the various available discounts at that time of year, should be about that amount. I hadn't noticed it was per person.
$80 for both would be perfect but I don't think it would have been to realistic compared to what we would like to have.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:32 am

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Depending on your specific dates, you can find some Marriotts in the area for right at the $80 area that have shuttles to the parks. Same for a couple Holiday Inn properties.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 3:21 am

There might be some hotels around disney world on this website: http://orlando.hotelscheap.org/disney-world.html

Otherwise, like already mentioned before www.mousesavers.com and disboards are also websites worth to be checked out.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:27 pm

smashcoll, I am planning a similar trip and have been doing a lot of research. Right now best deal for staying at Disney is to book on cheaptickets.com and use their usave20 promo for 20% off. Promo ends tomorrow.

Next best option would be to check out lmtclub.com, join for free using the promo code TRAVELTWEET. Comparable prices to Priceline but you get the resort name and can cancel per the rules of the individual hotel. Great prices but they don't list Disney brand resorts.

Barring that you can try going to disboards and booking direct with an owner like somebody mentioned above: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

But if you want really cheap and still really nice you should be looking at renting from a timeshare owner at a property right beside Disney like Silver Lake. These can be found on ebay for as little as $350 for the entire week and you should be able to get a nice big place with a full kitchen. Downside is you would probably need a rental car. However if you are doing Disney the fastest way to get from your room to a theme park is on average (barring exceptions like the expensive Disney resorts on the monorail) to stay at a place like Silver Lake and drive yourself rather than stay at a Disney resort and wait for a Disney bus. What can I say, I'm sick, I actually timed it from the different places we have stayed at.

Early December is absolutely the best time of year to go. Not crowded, good weather and lot of deals to be found.

Last edited by trajanc; Jul 27, 2013 at 11:01 pm
Old Jul 28, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
I just did a quick check on the Disney website for 12/7-12/13. All of the value resorts are showing for under $130 a night. Easily doable for that $80 a person and able to stay on Disney property. And that's paying the posted rates on the Disney website.

The Hilton LBV across from downtown Disney is available @ $112 a night on the MVP site. The Embassy Suites LBV is even cheaper.

So there are plenty of rooms available for way under your budget. I think you just need to do some actual research and pick a place.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Yes, for $160 per night you can get a room at one of the Disney Value-level resorts almost year-round; they only go above $160 during Peak and Holiday seasons like New Years, July 4, and Valentines Day. During the slack seasons, they're even lower.

For the rack rates of the All-Star Resorts, which are three of WDW's five Value-level resorts (meaning undiscounted, kinda like the "sticker price" of the room), see this chart:
http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-all-...-season-dates/

As you can see, if you want to go in December, it's best to go in early December. The cost of a room at All-Star Music between Nov 30 and Dec 12 is $98 weekday/$118 weekend.

I have been to WDW many times in early December; in fact, my 2013 trip is the first week of December. It's a great time to go, because once the Thanksgiving crowds clear out, crowd levels are very low. The holiday decorations and music are also terrific, and there are special holiday events all through December, such as the Candlelight Processional and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

NOTE: If you've never been to WDW, or you've never booked directly with them, a good travel agent can be very helpful. Unlike most destination, Disney-specialized travel agents don't mark up the packages; their fees come from Disney, and you can often get better rates and packages than you could if you booked yourself or used a regular travel agent. Lots of people swear by AAA. My own TA is MouseFanTravel, but there are several other similar agencies.

If the DisBoards is intimidating to you, you might check out Tagrel.com. It's a smaller message board site, a fairly tight community of friends who have been chatting online for more than ten years. I moderate there. I can tell you, there is no board on the web that's as welcoming and friendly, and no place you can go to get better or more relevant info on WDW, DCL, or DLR vacations. Full disclosure: My TA, MouseFan Travel, is an official sponsor of Tagrel.com, for about the last 3 years of our 10-year existence.

I love helping people plan their trips. Helps pass the time between my own!
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, WJ, Avis Preferred, Hertz Gold, Fairmont PC, IHG, Marriott, Airmiles, Aventura,Avion
Disboards is great and I recommend the "We love Bonnet Creek" Forum. Check with Vacation Strategies about renting there. It is a timeshare property that is surrounded on 3 sides by Disney property but it's not a DW resort. It's much cheaper than the DW hotels and very nice and more affordable.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 9:44 pm

Programs: DSM, USDM, BAEC, AAAdvan
I have stayed at the Hilton across from Downtown Disney on Buena Vista Dr numerous times for conferences. The rate available on Hotels.com, Expedia, or Travelocity is usually about the same as what I have paid at that hotel for a "convention" rate, which has usually been about $99/night.

From that hotel, you can walk over to Downtown Disney and catch the Disney bus to the park of your choice. That will keep you from paying the exorbitant parking rates at the Disney parking lots.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.