FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/)
-   -   Beach front hotel/motel/place versus Ritz Carlton Sarasota (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south/1359418-beach-front-hotel-motel-place-versus-ritz-carlton-sarasota.html)

opus2002 Jun 22, 2012 11:43 am

Beach front hotel/motel/place versus Ritz Carlton Sarasota

First time going down to the Sarasota area. I heard the Siesta Key beach is # 1 in the U.S. So, I would like to see it and stay here. On the other hand, Ritz Carlton is offering $159 per night ($180+ including parking), which is a good deal for this hotel. We'll likely be there for one or two nights. (Going down soon, so too late to get the 70,000 points Chase Ritz card.) Could you recommend staying at the beach areas in Siesta Key beach or go for the Ritz Carlton?

Amarone Jun 23, 2012 10:02 am

Originally Posted by opus2002 (Post 18802309)
First time going down to the Sarasota area. I heard the Siesta Key beach is # 1 in the U.S. So, I would like to see it and stay here. On the other hand, Ritz Carlton is offering $159 per night ($180+ including parking), which is a good deal for this hotel. We'll likely be there for one or two nights. (Going down soon, so too late to get the 70,000 points Chase Ritz card.) Could you recommend staying at the beach areas in Siesta Key beach or go for the Ritz Carlton?

Are you talking about staying in the Sarasota RC Hotel or the RC Residences at Lido Key? The Residences are on the beach whilst the hotel doesn't have beach access but I think may run a shuttle to Lido Key. In either case Siesta Key is only around a 20 minute drive in ordinary traffic and there is a lot of free parking there. Siesta Key is a fabulous flat beach with great sand. The beach at Lido Key is smaller and the sand is a bit "coarser." In my view Siesta Key attracts a younger crowd and there are a lot of bars and restaurants within half a mile of the beach. I guess it depends on what you are looking for - but I'd opt for the RC either Hotel or Residences over accommodation in Siesta Key - IMO they will be a lot better than the hotels on Siesta Key.

Guster Jul 2, 2012 12:57 pm

We've stayed at the RC Sarasota twice. I'd recommend staying here, especially at that rate. As stated above the hotel runs a frequent shuttle bus to the hotel's fabulous beach club on Lido key. Siesta is nice to visit and it doesn't take long.

SocialAdept Aug 13, 2012 3:28 am

Any particular dates or code you are using to get that $159 rate? Seems quite spectacular for an RC. Lowest I'm seeing is $275 which is still good for an RC.

LauraA Aug 27, 2012 8:44 am

Curious about that rate, too! Is it BAR or a special code? Did you use a virtuoso/Stars agent to receive amenities on top of that rate?

pbiflyer Sep 9, 2012 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Guster (Post 18858441)
We've stayed at the RC Sarasota twice. I'd recommend staying here, especially at that rate. As stated above the hotel runs a frequent shuttle bus to the hotel's fabulous beach club on Lido key. Siesta is nice to visit and it doesn't take long.

Yep, shuttle is easy. Beach Club is very nice.