Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA "in terminal" car rental

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AllanAa
I read a lot about long lines at MIA, but as this post is fairly old, I'd like to get an update, if someone can provide it.

I'm arriving June 17th (a Wednesday) at around 8PM, and have a car reserved at Budget. Should I expect an extremely long wait time, or could it be that I'm lucky, and get through quickly on this particular date and time? Unfortunately I'm not able to become a Fastbreak member, since I'm from Denmark.
I have never had too long a wait to get a rental car but you can plan on a long walk to get to the rental car center! Depending on what terminal you arrive it will take you 20 minutes to get there. If you aren't traveling alone I suggest leaving your bags with the rest of your party, and picking them up once you've gotten your car. It's a hike with luggage.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Madone59
I have never had too long a wait to get a rental car but you can plan on a long walk to get to the rental car center! Depending on what terminal you arrive it will take you 20 minutes to get there. If you aren't traveling alone I suggest leaving your bags with the rest of your party, and picking them up once you've gotten your car. It's a hike with luggage.
This is the absolute unvarnished truth and contains some really good advice. We in South Florida do anything that we can to avoid renting (or dropping) a car at MIA. That is, especially we who do not use AA since it is about twice as long a walk from Terminal J over to that Toonerville Trolley.

When we do a co-terminal switch from FLL and have no car at MIA, so far we have been fortunate using Uber. But the local authorities are putting a lot of heat on Uber so those co-terminal switches now have an extra unknown.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by monitor
This is the absolute unvarnished truth and contains some really good advice. We in South Florida do anything that we can to avoid renting (or dropping) a car at MIA. That is, especially we who do not use AA since it is about twice as long a walk from Terminal J over to that Toonerville Trolley.

When we do a co-terminal switch from FLL and have no car at MIA, so far we have been fortunate using Uber. But the local authorities are putting a lot of heat on Uber so those co-terminal switches now have an extra unknown.
The Miami Dade police are stopping cars and asking questions and asking stopping passengers getting to cars and asking how they know the driver. The other night they had a row of what appeared to be Uber drivers out and being citied.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by monitor
I don't know who thought of this "MIA Mover", but instead of having it come to a single point in between the parking garages on the third level, they should have built it to loop around the terminals on the third level above the departures to save people from walking long distances.

The only thing I guess is it saved the airport millions of dollars in the construction.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:59 am

Just came back from my vacation, and we were very lucky, there was no one at the rental center, so we got our car right away (Rude staff though, when we declined insurrances)
Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by teddybear99
I don't know who thought of this "MIA Mover", but instead of having it come to a single point in between the parking garages on the third level, they should have built it to loop around the terminals on the third level above the departures to save people from walking long distances.

The only thing I guess is it saved the airport millions of dollars in the construction.
I just flew into/outof the E gates (E2) and it was hardly a walk as I took the el up to the 3rd floor turned Left took the moving sidewalk 1 section and bingo turned right to get to the Mover.

Usually Im into/outof the D gates and its indeed a very long hike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.