Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Ask a Cast Member!

Ask a Cast Member!

Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Ask a Cast Member!

So I've been posting in the Delta Forums more than here so I feel like I owe you guys some contribution! Feel free to ask appropriate questions (please don't ask anything you think might be privileged, confidential, or break the magic for any of the guests).

Disclaimer: All opinons and posts are the sole opinion of this poster and not that of The Walt Disney Company, its partners, affiliates or subsidiaries
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Glad to

If you're allowed to say, what area do you work in? A store or the parks since your location indicates LEX and not MCO or LAX
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:17 am
Original Poster

I've held a couple of different roles
I've worked at Hollywood Studios, in the Main Entrance

Currently, I work out of state with their College Program recruiting

I'l be transferring back down to Orlando in 2011 as well.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Ah, you're the person in charge of rah-rah
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Not a leader I did Park Greeting, so the people for validated tickets
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
One question.. I've got the 2010 Preferred Parking Voucher from AAA.. they don't have the 2011 Vouchers out yet.

I was down at the CAA/AAA office today and they said I can use the 2010 Preferred Parking Voucher for the first days of 2011 so long as the parking attendant validates that my park tickets (21 day ultimate ticket) in fact started in 2010. So my question is can I use the Preferred Parking Voucher from AAA for preferred parking slots until January 4th, 2011?.. our last days at the parks.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
One question.. I've got the 2010 Preferred Parking Voucher from AAA.. they don't have the 2011 Vouchers out yet.

I was down at the CAA/AAA office today and they said I can use the 2010 Preferred Parking Voucher for the first days of 2011 so long as the parking attendant validates that my park tickets (21 day ultimate ticket) in fact started in 2010. So my question is can I use the Preferred Parking Voucher from AAA for preferred parking slots until January 4th, 2011?.. our last days at the parks.
Is this the same as the Diamond Parking? That is the only one I am aware of that available at the parks. I wouldn't worry about that, though. Parking is usually pretty lax. However, if you do want to make sure, just drop by Guest Relations at Downtown Disney before heading to the parks and they should be able to verify, or at least accommodate you.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by robtking
Is this the same as the Diamond Parking? That is the only one I am aware of that available at the parks. I wouldn't worry about that, though. Parking is usually pretty lax. However, if you do want to make sure, just drop by Guest Relations at Downtown Disney before heading to the parks and they should be able to verify, or at least accommodate you.
It's the Diamond Parking pass.. AAA doesn't have the 2011 Diamond Voucher for parking out yet. Thanks for the advice.

What Local know's events during Christmas would you recommend attending? I've got most of the events booked I think.. Just wondering if you can list off some of your favorites so I can do a final checklist. We'll arriving in Orlando tomorrow! And we're excited!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
I doubt the parking guys even look at the year. I park for free with my annual pass, and I know the attendants just wave me through when I flash the pass. There's no way they can see the year, and I doubt they can even tell it's really an annual pass as quickly as they glance at it.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
What Local know's events during Christmas would you recommend attending? I've got most of the events booked I think.. Just wondering if you can list off some of your favorites so I can do a final checklist. We'll arriving in Orlando tomorrow! And we're excited!
To be honest Ancien, I've only spent one holiday season in Florida, so I don't know too much. After visiting this year, I loved what they have done at Grand Floridian Resort with the Gingerbread House! It's completely made out of real candy and is awesome - check it out if you get the chance! Park wise, my favorite is The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:04 am
Suspended

To be honest Ancien, I've only spent one holiday season in Florida, so I don't know too much. After visiting this year, I loved what they have done at Grand Floridian Resort with the Gingerbread House! It's completely made out of real candy and is awesome - check it out if you get the chance! Park wise, my favorite is The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights was very good.. They say 5 million lights are on Main Street of America (I apologize if the number/street is wrong.. heard it over the announcements).

Last edition of Wishes went off with major hitches last night at Magic Kingdom. Major Fog, could hardly see 15% of the fireworks. Holiday Wishes will begin tonite, and Christmastime parade will begin tonite as well.. replacing Celebration parade.. so will be interested to see the differences tonite.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:43 pm
Suspended

robtking.. followed your advice and our family went down briefly to Grand Floridian to check out the Gingerbread house. Very nice, got like 10 pictures of the house. I thought it was quite exceptional that there was a staff of 2 working the cash register from inside the house.. selling.. of course, ginger bread products.

Any other festive features to advise? I heard there was a big chocolate something in one of the other monorail resorts..
Old Jan 1, 2011, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier Ancien, I'll trust that you had a great time!
If anyone has any more questions, be sure to let me know!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
Hi! I've been going for way too many years, and a few times during the Christmas holiday time. I actually thought the gingerbread house was better in years past? Did enjoy the piped in cinnamon smell, and the ambiance, but was sad that they don't sell a whole lot out of it (wish they had candies or something not containing eggs as my son is severly allergic and most gingerbread is egg free). I guess it was a little of a let down there.

The Osborne Family lights were SO COOL! We had a blast walking around and watching them! Definitely glad to see them, and impressed at how much work goes into that display!!!!

Overall, we have taken our kids (now almost 12 and 14) for over 10 years, multiple times a year, mainly since Disney can do food allergies like no other resort destination can even come close (other than our Marriott timeshare, where I can cook for us). I was almost blown away, when a chef would come out and talk to him every meal to make sure he could eat what's safe! Only time that didn't happen was at the California Grill this past Christmas (go figure, and it was our worst $300 meal at Disney ever). For the most part, way to go for food allergies! He's never had one reaction, and had so many awesome meals at Disney (I mean Orlando).

We did enjoy the displays at the Boardwalk and the Yacht Club, too. Very cute. Also the cookies and lemonade on Christmas Eve in the lobby of the Boardwalk were a nice touch (my DD had to eat one!!!!).
Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:40 pm
Suspended

We noticed another Ginger Bread House at Contemporary, a floor beneath the monorail.. while walking to catch the next monorail. Weird the escalators up to the monorail at Contemporary was clearly labelled, but the elevators were not.. so we ended up going up the regular elevators a floor, only resulting having to catch another elevator down.. moving over to the escalators, we couldn't go up because of the baby stroller, and a cast member ended up helping us to another set of elevators going up to the monorail.. Is this a 70's design?

Sounds like the Osborne lights are new to Hollywood Studios? I had the impression it may have been around for awhile. I found that Hollywood Studios has many events and shows that make it worthwhile to visit at least 2 full days out of a trip. My only regret is not being able to ride the roller coaster before leaving. Tower of Terror is one of my favorite rides, and the Toy Story Mania was good if you are able to obtain fast passes. Otherwise, its' just a forever wait for a one shot crack at the game.

Is it just me? I found that Hollywood Studios uses more live action, actors, reality based shows than Universal?.. But I haven't been to Universal since Oct 08.. and of course, they've got Harry Potter.. wasn't enough of a draw to drag my one year old over there.. not enough to do for a young family at Universal from our opinion.

My wife, and our friends from California really took a liking to American Idol. I guess American Idol runs almost each hour and the final show are the winners from each American Idol segment. So it was quite exciting to watch the winners of each segment duke it out in the finale.. and there was actually a contestant I think that may have what it takes to go all the way that actually appeared in the finale as the final contestant (December 30th).. worlds' apart from the other contestants.. who I thought was pretty good to start with. American Idol is a great addition to Hollywood Studios.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.