Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Key West in January - water temps?

Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Marriott Plat (lifetime), Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

We're going to be down in Key West for a few days later this month and while I see that the average high temps during the day are 75 and the lows 65, what is the water temperature this time of year? I'm interested in knowing since we would like to do some snorkeling while there and I might need to pick up a surf shirt if the water is too cold.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:38 pm

January historically has the coldest average water temps for the state of Florida. If you are dead-set on snorkeling (or other water activites) you should come prepared for cooler temps.

According to NOAA: Current water temp in Key West 69.8 F

Here is the site:
http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/egof.html

Have a great trip, and come back to post about your experiences.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Yeah, I would recommend picking up a 1mm wet suit. Also has the advantage of protecting you if you rub against rocks, piliings, or other nasties.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.