Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One way upgrade 99 € in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2009, 2:17 am

Now Blue1 is offering 25€/leg upgrades to their economy Extra class.

http://www.blue1.com/en/fi/Services/...Economy-Extra/
Old Jun 5, 2009, 2:27 am
Original Poster

And it doesn't seem to bee linked to just booking class. AY offer seems to only apply to booking class F. How about miles with this KF offer?
Old Jun 6, 2009, 7:34 am

Programs: AY Gold, LH SEN, SK Silver, HH Gold, PP
Contrary to some others, I think that this promotion is a good idea and most welcome during the summer months.

I just booked an upgrade for my wife and myself for a FCO-HEL leg and noticed that even the baggage allowance is that of J, meaning 30 kg (which might be interesting for those who are not tier members). The booking class is F.

Well done, AY! ^ ^ ^
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nordic
AY offer seems to only apply to booking class F.
I am puzzled with my own quote. AY does not have a booking class F (at least as a booking class qualifying for points. What does this mean. This was mentioned on www.finnair.fi.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:57 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I am puzzled with my own quote. AY does not have a booking class F (at least as a booking class qualifying for points. What does this mean. This was mentioned on www.finnair.fi.
AY uses fare class F for voucher/MFU tickets. It's not a published fare class and it's not visible via EF, for example. For upgraded tickets you'll earn according to the original economy fare class of your ticket.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks NoWindowSeat. Do you know if any Y booking class can be upgraded or is it just the summer specials? How about crediting the miles from an upgraded ticket to one of the patrners' FF account: is it non-qualifying F or the original one.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:58 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Thanks NoWindowSeat. Do you know if any Y booking class can be upgraded or is it just the summer specials? How about crediting the miles from an upgraded ticket to one of the patrners' FF account: is it non-qualifying F or the original one.
All published coach fare classes are upgradeable and you'll get points for the actual paid fare and you can credit to other programs as well, according to normal AA/BA/CX/xx/.. rules.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:56 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
http://newsletter.finnair.com/publis...icle_3614.html

According to this, if booking an upgrade to an existing or new ticket, I should call the "customer care center" in Helsinki. Anyone with information if this is the rip-off number that has an exta charge for each call plus likely a high basic rate if calling from Asia?

Just contemplating if using points for upgrading wouldn't be better value after all?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by mosburger
http://newsletter.finnair.com/publis...icle_3614.html

According to this, if booking an upgrade to an existing or new ticket, I should call the "customer care center" in Helsinki. Anyone with information if this is the rip-off number that has an exta charge for each call plus likely a high basic rate if calling from Asia?

Just contemplating if using points for upgrading wouldn't be better value after all?
I'd call the AY+ customer service first
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:20 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
This offer seems to have picked up. The number of flip-floppers and children in front of the curtains seems to have grown lately. In best cases the Recaro-seats of the longer Airbuses are being used in lay flat -configuration. Just the armrests up and the smelly feet towards the isle .

Of course, it may just be burning of points for the leisure travel as well...
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:12 pm

I´m a flip-flopper when on holidays and I believe many on FT are. There are many different kinds of travellers here, on the airlines and hotels as well. Whenever I go to a executive club or similar of a finer hotel and arrive with my lap child HelsinkiFlyer, I get the looks. But who cares, as long as I have a legitimate reason to be there? Not often that I bother paying extra points or money for upgrade on short haul flights, as I find the value rather poor.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
I´m a flip-flopper when on holidays and I believe many on FT are. There are many different kinds of travellers here, on the airlines and hotels as well. Whenever I go to a executive club or similar of a finer hotel and arrive with my lap child HelsinkiFlyer, I get the looks. But who cares, as long as I have a legitimate reason to be there? Not often that I bother paying extra points or money for upgrade on short haul flights, as I find the value rather poor.
As long as they don't run around pouring soft drinks over others it's just fine. I took the jr Wilcos just about everywhere* so I very well understand you.

*it WILL be a hard landing for them when they start traveling on their own monies
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:32 am

Is this offer still valid?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Green_eyes
Is this offer still valid?
According to the Finnair web pages it's valid until the end of August.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
According to the Finnair web pages it's valid until the end of August.
I tried to locate this info, but don't see it - can you give me link to it?

Is this offer valid for travel only in August or will it also be valid for travel in September?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.