HEL-LHR/
Print Wikipost

4Day Out upgrade pricing thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
4Day Out upgrade pricing thread

Couldn't find, and it is really useful to have an idea before buying ones ticket, the ballpark rate for this.

Especially if bookinging under 7days before flying, in which case the bidding nnn eur option is unavailable

Suggest
o Add a post detailing flight (see mine in post 2)
o PLUS add line to WIKI
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:10 am
Original Poster

4Day before departure Offering on finnair,com upgrade screens

LHR-HEL-BKK 22AUG2017
(1way, booking class=O)

LHR-HEL = 180euro
HEL-BKK = 500ero

Declined , as have seats 42L and 42A respectively already from time of booking

Last edited by scubaccr; Aug 18, 2017 at 1:17 pm
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:09 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
My assumption is that these offers are the same as those mentioned in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...de-offers.html
It would be interesting to hear from someone who got a targeted offer and declined, if they can find the same offer a few days later on the last-minute-offer page.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
My assumption is that these offers are the same as those mentioned in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...de-offers.html
It would be interesting to hear from someone who got a targeted offer and declined, if they can find the same offer a few days later on the last-minute-offer page.
Except that threads wiki shows ONLY Offers , not where you login to MMB at t-96 to find if you can upgrade Y-<J for nnn Euros. I also expect to be higher that the BID/OFFER thread upgrade prices, as not seats in this situation AY needs to upgrade fliers to foc because Y is oversold.

The t-96 upgrade rates will be most times. higher than either LOW-Bids or AY-Email-Offers

My offer at T-96 was LHR-HEL 180euro , HEL-BKK 500euro

Bid/Offer thread was LHR-HEL 160euro (post not wiki)
.............................. HEL-BKK 348Euro wiki (and wiki mention of 298 too)

Maybe Finnair will email lower offers (than at T0-96) to our emasils nearer to flight departure eg T-48, T-24 , when AY needs to upgrade some fliers due to oversell in Y, and will rather try to get some income.

Of interest, did not find in this Finnair Forum, but is there sometimes CHECKIN (t-24?) Option to upgrade?
...Asking as KLM does that (paid tickets only, not awards) and as I suggesting, eg AMS-BKK is 500euro but if Y oversold drops to 350euro as a carrott to try and avoid free upgrades due to Y oversell

Last edited by scubaccr; Aug 18, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.