Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Come test and design new ideas with Finnair!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards

Just dropped in my mailbox

We are constantly developing and upgrading our services, and as a valued frequent flyer, we would love to hear your thoughts and opinions!

We would like to invite you to the Finnair head office to test and design new ideas for our future business class services, on Tuesday 22 August

The invitation is personal.

Accepted the invitation, very curious about the event. Anyone else coming?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I haven't received an invitation, and wouldn't be able to attend anyway since I'm flying. But I would have loved to be there.

I'm sure everyone here is going to write a long wish list for you to take with you , so let me start:
- proper meal service on all longhauls, including proper amuse bouche, appetizer, main course, real dessert
- a place to store your laptop (A359 the side storage is too low and won't close)
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Maybe Wilco is the only valued frequent flyer here.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:52 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by ffay005
I'm sure everyone here is going to write a long wish list for you to take with you , so let me start:
- proper meal service on all longhauls, including proper amuse bouche, appetizer, main course, real dessert
WilcoRoger, please do also remember short-haul business class meals that are awful now. I wish a proper starter, a high-quality main course and a real dessert, plus cheese on longer short-haul routes. One is now expecting that after reading their website but the reality is far away from that.

(It's unacceptable that on flights to TXL and back, for example, the appetizer is missing just because flight time is 10 minutes less than two hours. If the scheduled flying time is two hours or more, the appetizer is served. This is non-sense since hunger isn't any smaller when returning from TXL. )
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'll try to remember to bring the pic of the TK short haul starter (!) I posted somewhere here for reference
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Since I m not invited, can you please bring across the message that the seats at the A350 just substandard. They can leave anything like it is, but they have to touch the seats.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
I got an invitation too. Unfortunately this is on a Tuesday so chances are quite high that I will be somewhere else than Helsinki on the day.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I know it's not an idea they would be looking for, but if there would be a chance to politely remind them that it takes incredibly long to get their own flights posted to their own FFP, they would hopefully consider developing the system. It affects all classes and it's just poor. Let's take it as a part of business class service - who wants to wait ages for their 50k points?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
I got the invitation too and am about to go in. Super excited to see what this is all about.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:35 am

deets please?!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
For those left out, salads at Clarion at 20.00
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by cistavoda
For those left out, salads at Clarion at 20.00
Clarion Airport.

We generate more and better ideas there.
SPBanker and cistavoda like this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Serious upgrades coming to business class. Whole new design, so they are taking their time and want to do it right seems like. 350 seats are definitely getting replaced and 330 is getting a complete makeover from the sound of it. Not sure of the timing though. Maybe a year? From my experience tonight, all the Finnair people really cared to hear everything we had to say and also had a general feedback board where we could put post it notes.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Which issues came up? Did AY have any groundbreaking ideas?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AY came with a large contingent from many functions/departments - from pricing to cabin interior design to CX to AY+ and much more. I guess there were a dozen or so hosts, actively engaging guests. They were listening to what we had to say (a lot) and had half a wall covered with those post-it notes + an online feedback tool (with ipads provided) for the seat protoypes.

More write up coming later.
NoWindowSeat and SPBanker like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.