Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY J Booking - Cathay Pacific seating selection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club

Hi just booked a MEL -PRG return in J . AY ticketed flights, code sharing with CX. AY seat selection OK but unable to select CX seats MEL-HKG and vice versa as CX website doesn't recognise the 6 digit Amadeus booking ref generated by AY.

Any suggestions to enter Cx system?

Tnx

Rgds OF
Old May 10, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Use the e-ticket number?
Old May 10, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
They have another booking ref for the CX fligths. Ask for it through chat or phone.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I don't know about BAEC, but maybe you can enumerate bookings under your customer number of BA's website? The CX PNR just might show up there.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: QF
See this topic:

Finnair J ticket on Cathay Operated flight
Old May 10, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Have booked a week ago BUD-HEL-BKK-HKG in J all marketed by AY, but BKK-HKG operated by CX. As OldFruity says, online seat selection is only possible for AY operated segments. Called Platinum line and the CS Agent who I was talking to tried to find a CX PNR, but according to their system it was the same as the AY one (which doesn't work on the CX website, neither is the e-ticket # for that matter).

Tried contacting CX also, but they could not give me a PNR either that would work on their website, so the only way to modify the pre-assigned seats was through CX customer service. I did it through Twitter, where they were really fast and helpful!
Old May 11, 2017, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Tnx all for feedback. Concur with above post : AY Chat advised that AY PNR was the same for CX flight - so no help there! In the past I have been successful in generating a CX PNR by changing the BAEC FF number on AY website to my QF one but unfortunately the traveler is not a QF FF and is unwilling to pay the
$A 89 membership fee applicable to Au residents.
Will contact CX customer services and see what the go is.

OF
Old May 11, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
In similar situation the aswer from AY call center for me was that PNR is the same. After searching a bit she found the other PNR for the CX flight. So maybe the other PNR is there in their system but it's just hidden well
Old May 11, 2017, 9:41 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Hartsa
In similar situation the aswer from AY call center for me was that PNR is the same. After searching a bit she found the other PNR for the CX flight. So maybe the other PNR is there in their system but it's just hidden well
It is hidden somehow yes, I tend to ask for CX PNR via email from plat desk and they always come back soon..on the phone it has been a hit and miss..easier via email
Old May 11, 2017, 10:12 am

Could simply be how your name appears, for me it is in the first name box always showing up as firstnamesecondnamemr, so you may want to add your title at the end and other names you've added when booking the ticket.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Did you try the e-ticket number? It's an optio on the CX website. I had trouble choosing my seats on an AY-operated CX-codeshare but they managed to find the correct booking by giving them my e-ticket number (which is linked to all necessary PNR's)
Old May 13, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster

On going. Tried CX via Twitter. Reply asked for a seat reference even though PNR had been forwarded. thinking it was maybe a typo I sent back a seat preference and ticket number. No reply from CX since. Unable to put in ticket no on cx site as the AY prefix is 105 and CX defaults to a 106 prefix. Also tried various name and title permutations on CX website MMB.
So will give AY call centre a ring .

OF
Old May 15, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
This might be crazy, but have you tried picking up the phone and calling Cathay Pacific directly?

Otherwise the RJ.com Manage My Booking can be effective.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:15 am
Original Poster

I agree that the obvious answer is just to phone, but I was curious as to why one booking reference / ticket number from the booking / ticketing airline (AY) would not be recognised by the partner airline (CX) carriers system and wondered if anyone else had found a fix via another OW partner MMB page. AY did respond to my Tweet and advised that owing to a system upgrade currently in progress the 2 systems were not compatible? So a call to AY followed and seats were selected via their system on the CX flights with a condition that I would have to check verbally and confirm allocation with CX.
MMB via QF shows the seats allocated but I still cant get into MMB via CX website. RJ allowed booking access via MMB but no seat selection option.

No big deal but...I am still curios

Last edited by OldFruity; May 15, 2017 at 4:17 am Reason: RJ response.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:42 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
They must have done some “enhancement” with the booking system at Amadeus!

Last year when I booked CX flights out of HEL (all CX code), I did get a separate “AY” PNR and “KA” PNR. The “AY” PNR granted me full access to the AY operated segments and could select seats using that one. This year when booked the BUD-HEL-BKK-HKG J ticket from AY (all AY code), did not get a PNR for CX. Neither AY, nor CX could find another one, that would work on CX’s site to MMB.

Now I booked a HEL-KUL Y ticket w/ CX (all CX code) and again, only one PNR. It does show up in my AY+ account as an upcoming booking and I can view it, but it is not possible to change anything. Had to contact AY CS to select the seats for one of the AY operated segments (CX’s site allowed the seat selection for HEL-AMS, but not for LHR-HEL).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.