Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Wifi NO longer complimentary for OWE/J pax for entire flight! 👎 (AY plat still ok)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wifi NO longer complimentary for OWE/J pax for entire flight! 👎 (AY plat still ok)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
This wifi thing for status pax is quite a hazzle - honestly.
The code is usually displayed at the PTV.
But, the FA has to manually activate it.
Most of the times it doesn't work.
If you fly Y, the cabin crew is certainly busy doing other things than activating the wifi for you.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by warakorn
This wifi thing for status pax is quite a hazzle - honestly.
The code is usually displayed at the PTV.
But, the FA has to manually activate it.
Most of the times it doesn't work.
If you fly Y, the cabin crew is certainly busy doing other things than activating the wifi for you.
The new portal doesn't require the code any longer. You just login to the portal with your name and seat number.

Previously, at least in my experience, the code was always displayed very well immediately when the system came online and later on the purser typically came to visit me to ensure that I have noticed the code. Nowadays they just ask if I have already managed to login into WiFi.

But as said in the thread, now things are changing regarding OWE/J.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Looks like the WiFi login is dependent on which bird you are actually flying! Flew OH-LWH to SIN on 8 April and it was the "old style" login, where you needed to use a voucher (BTW, could never manage to get the WiFi running, but I saw other passangers using it, so it was something unique for me). On the SIN-HEL route on 17 April I had OH-LWG in service, and the login page only asked for the last name + seat number (and the internet was working).
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:41 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Writing onboard AY5, I think this is LTR, not sure though, anyway wifi works like a clock with just name&seat number 👍
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Flying AY082 Sin -Hel in J tomorrow. Can I expect wifi throughout the flight ?

Tnx OF
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by OldFruity

Tnx OF
I would assume so, I think it is 359 route now and they all should have wifi. Enjoy your flight.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:05 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OldFruity

Tnx OF
Is that a question if the route will be operated by a wifi equipped plane or a question if your status will get you wifi for free?
It looks to be OH-LWH, which has wifi. As per the OP of this thread, yes you can expect it if you hold Finnair plus platinum status, otherwise not.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by intuition
It looks to be OH-LWH, which has wifi. ...
Extremely off topic, but where can you see which plane is scheduled to fly a given flight?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If the flightplan is loaded, flightstats (in the event time-line) sees it. But that is usually done very late in the game (and/or quality has deteriorated over the years).
In this case I took it from what plane was scheduled to go to SIN, which is the very likely candidate to be returning to HEL the next day.
Flighradar24 has a listing of flight/equipment where they add the likely candidate even for future flights, flightaware has their "track inbound aircraft" function that does the same.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
AY wifi was/is Euro 7.95 1 hour 11.95 3 hrs 19.95 whole flight. First hour was free in J .

OF
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:48 am

Have they changed this again, AY app is showing 1 hour free internet for my J flight to SIN? Not sure if that info is taken from ticket or status?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Have they changed this again, AY app is showing 1 hour free internet for my J flight to SIN? Not sure if that info is taken from ticket or status?
Pretty sure that’s just based on your ticket.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Probably from ticket. Description on webpages hasn't changed (J class, comfort, Gold all have one hour free)
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:57 am

Thanks, lkrt and intuition
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Probably goes into the same category with luggage allowance...

A week ago, I had free unlimited wifi as Plat and got a complimentary voucher with free unlimited wifi for my travelling companion (Gold).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.