Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 Business Class Wifi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
I would be glad to actually see it work Just did SIN-HEL and HEL-SIN 10 days apart and both times internet was unavailable. Might have been the same airframe.
Still disappointment because had stuff todo that required a connection.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:52 pm

I would like to know how much WiFi really costs for the airlines. And I do think airlines sooner or later will follow hotels - mostly free nowadays - and also cruise lines like SiljaTallink and Viking Line where basic WiFi is free.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
AY069 Sat 1 Apr. WiFi worked throughout in J. No need to put in code as per last year.

OF
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by ylefin
I would like to know how much WiFi really costs for the airlines. And I do think airlines sooner or later will follow hotels - mostly free nowadays - and also cruise lines like SiljaTallink and Viking Line where basic WiFi is free.
Well, the experience with hotels was that hotels at the lower end were the first to give it away for free while at many 4 and 5 star hotels it was only available at ridiculous prices or maybe as a act of mercy free in the lobby.

So with this logic why not charge J pax and upper tier members more since they clearly have more money?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: AY+ AB topbonus
An April Fool's joke? Not very good one
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
I recall the cost being something silly like EUR 20 for the entire flight which I guess is fine IF AY decides to no longer give "free" wifi access in J.

When it comes to it, I'm actually quite OK with no connection as:

1) It frees up my better half from living her life through FB
2) An excuse for not being available 24/7 the few hours I'd otherwise spend answering work mails...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Few days ago in Y on the AY5 it didn't allow me to login with seat number and name. Asked the FA and she told me that it's free to AY Gold & Plat only. That's really bad policy IMO to allow own Sapphire's but not partner Emeralds.

AY & WiFi is & has been a total "farssi".

ps. "Luckily" an AY Plat next to me told me that the WiFi didn't work properly most of the flight anyways.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by aama
Asked the FA and she told me that it's free to AY Gold & Plat only.
Referring to https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/faq/fl...access-onboard
Full internet access – which is free in Business Class and for Finnair Plus Gold and Platinum members and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald tier members
That text seems not to be updated yet so happy claimings.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by esledo
Referring to https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/faq/fl...access-onboard

That text seems not to be updated yet so happy claimings.
And for a casual visitor in this forum not familiar with the consistent high quality if AY IT, particulary AY webpages and the contents of it it's worth mentioning that there is conflicting and even misleading bits of information scattered everywhere:

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/faq/fl...access-onboard

"Full internet access – which is free in Business Class and for Finnair Plus Gold and Platinum members and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald tier members – costs €5 for one hour, or €15 for the entire flight in Economy Class."

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/nordic-sky

"You can purchase Wi-Fi access for one hour for €7.95, three hours for €11.95 or for the whole flight for €19.95.
Business Class passengers and Finnair Plus Gold members can enjoy complimentary internet access for one hour.
For Finnair Plus Platinum members the service is complimentary for the whole flight."

I think the last quotation is correct but is doesn't mention OWS/OWE.
Go and find out then.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:49 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Finnair rarely differentiates own Emeralds vs. other OWEs so I'd be surprised if that is the case here.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Finnair rarely differentiates own Emeralds vs. other OWEs so I'd be surprised if that is the case here.
But I hear it actually is this time.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:31 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt
But I hear it actually is this time.
OK, first time for everything, I guess. It is then very inconsistent as they give out free newspapers and champagne/drink in short haul Y to other Emeralds..
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
OK, first time for everything, I guess. It is then very inconsistent as they give out free newspapers and champagne/drink in short haul Y to other Emeralds..
I agree, and it most certainly would not be that big of a cost!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: AY Plat
I was flying AY5 APR 2 in J and the wifi was complimentary for the whole flight (AY gold). Maybe the policy wasn't updated yet? Really confused what the policy really is. Sent some feedback to AY prior to flying because was really disappointed with booking the flight with wifi and policy suddenly changing. Was given the normal 2000p apology.

But instead of one hour as their policy says it was working for the full flight so I complained too early

Last edited by flyeer; Apr 10, 2017 at 3:20 am Reason: And Ay5 was of course A330 unlike the name of the thread FWIW
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Any recent experience with “free wifi” as a OWS (non AY member) on the A350?
im deciding whether to use Finnair or LOT for an upcoming trip from Singapore to Europe, and WIFI is a factor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.