Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY co-branded Mastercard for Finns

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by TTL
In Finland it is very easy to get 5% cashback sticking in before paying the S-membership card in S-places - you would not need any other venues for daily or yearly survival - and paying with AY Plat DC resulting in 3 points per euro. 75000 tierpoints requires spending of €75000 and from that the cashback would be €3750.
Well, you would probably save more money by shopping in tokmanni/lidl

And you can get 5% cashback from S-group even if you pay with DC/Amex, however, for 0.5% maksutapaetu you need s-payment card.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by TTL
In Finland it is very easy to get 5% cashback sticking in before paying the S-membership card in S-places - you would not need any other venues for daily or yearly survival - and paying with AY Plat DC resulting in 3 points per euro. 75000 tierpoints requires spending of €75000 and from that the cashback would be €3750.
Easy to get 5% cashback? In Helsinki area 1500€/month shopping in S-places give 5% cashback.

And 75.000€ spending means 6250€ shopping in S-places monthly.

Sounds strange.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Have to remember that Platinum comes with complimentary co-branded credit cards (saving for two credit cards is 100 €). On top of that, Platinum brings complimentary access to lounges with AY DC even when not flying OW. Access to First class lounges, more vouchers and other small benefits that makes traveling more fun are also important and worth of exchanging points IMO.

I don't know what else would I do with that hell of a amount of points I have if not using them for renewing the Platinum.

With 225 000 points, one could get LH return award flight in J, plus two SH upgrade. I value Platinum status more than that.
There are only so many airport terminals with (worthy) OW F lounges to visit. It must be nice if you are based in SYD or HKG, but in HEL not so much. With AY+Gold, you still get access to the premium lounge, IIUC. And in practice, you get fast track security from most OW members with OWS, even though it supposedly comes with OWE. For me, OWE does not bring a whole lot of benefits over OWS.

Using points to renew Platinum gives you 2 extra LH vouchers the following year. If that year, you do not renew even Gold, then you get another 4 extra SH voucher the year after. I wouldn't burn 225k award points for that. I would start considering it at 150k maybe, and definitely do it at 105k.

I myself expected to let my Plat status lapse to Gold, but now I should reach at least 140k tier points, so I will most probably exchange to renew though.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
On top of that, Platinum brings complimentary access to lounges with AY DC even when not flying OW.
You get the complimentary DC lounge access with Gold, too. Which is nice
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:56 am

as I neither fly 76 times per year nor collect 150 000 tier points by flying
Hey man, this is FT, What is wrong with flying?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Easy to get 5% cashback? In Helsinki area 1500€/month shopping in S-places give 5% cashback.
That's why your S-thing is registered in North Karelian communist co-op and 5% limit is 750€ (or something)
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:27 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Hartsa
You get the complimentary DC lounge access with Gold, too. Which is nice
Really? That's good. I was remembering that benefit was removed.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:28 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Hey man, this is FT, What is wrong with flying?
Hahah! I have to either start flying more or transfer to Vauva.fi.

Happy new year all!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:45 pm

Hahah! I have to either start flying more or transfer to Vauva.fi.

Happy new year all!
Yep,

Happy New year.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
DC web site states that:
Loungevierailun hinta on 19 euroa/käynti ja se sisältää kaikki loungen palvelut. Diners Club Premium, Finnair Plus Gold Diners Club ja Finnair Plus Platinum Diners Club -jäsenille loungevierailut ovat maksuttomia.

Lounge visit, the price is € 19 / visit and includes all the lounge facilities. For Diners Club Premium, a Finnair Plus Gold Diners Club and Finnair Plus Platinum Diners Club members lounge visits are free of charge.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:26 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest

And 75.000€ spending means 6250€ shopping in S-places monthly.

Sounds strange.
Should not jump into conclusions. Getting 5% cashback and spending €75000 are not necessarily related .

OT: PeeÄssä gives 5% after €900 monthly spending. You should do something about HOK-Elanto´s stinginess. A boycott ?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Aviating
DC web site states that:
Loungevierailun hinta on 19 euroa/käynti ja se sisältää kaikki loungen palvelut. Diners Club Premium, Finnair Plus Gold Diners Club ja Finnair Plus Platinum Diners Club -jäsenille loungevierailut ovat maksuttomia.

Lounge visit, the price is € 19 / visit and includes all the lounge facilities. For Diners Club Premium, a Finnair Plus Gold Diners Club and Finnair Plus Platinum Diners Club members lounge visits are free of charge.
Err no? I read that as lounge access being free for DC Premium, DC (non-premium) AY+ Gold and/or DC (non-premium) AY+ Plat card holders. So it is free for both Gold and Plat.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
I used DC lounge last time in September as AY+ Gold and it was free of charge.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Speaking of DC visit fees, I can tell that few times my guest (subject to fee) has never been billed either. Lucky.

Still offtopic too, I think the discussion of S-card bonus falls off since most of people, including me, swipe the card for bonus (5% cashback max) but pay actually with another card, i.e. double-dipping. Here comes my question too about MC card. Many times DC is not accepted, neither Amex, and I am left with Visa or MC. Visa being only backup as it it is most universal but gives nothing (I haven't found any perks there), and I was just looking for the best Finnish MC.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
As this is the AY forum, obviously the co-branded AY MC is the "best". SEB also issues the SK EB version of the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.