Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia wetlease to MIA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
I'm currently sitting in the AA Premium Lounge at concourse E. The flight leaves from gate E10. This came as a surprise to me. Maybe because IB operates out of concourse E? Or did AY change from F to E before the IB wetlease?
It was there already in November during our trip, E-gate and A330 AY aircraft. The lounge had much much better offerings than I expected, but the atmosfere was really steril and cold.
I wonder if the flagship renovations are already finished, there is a gateway access to the other terminals, with not too awful walk distance, right?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
In my post, I did not mean that AY8 is routinely overbooked, but that it is usual for AY to send out those overbooked/volunteer messages in general overbooking situations.

Usually, overbooking occurs in Y. On a route like MIA, it's likely they actually aim at overbooking Y and then op-uping pax to J since it's a J-light route. I don't know if AY actually ever intentionally oversells J.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by FFlash
I wonder if the flagship renovations are already finished, there is a gateway access to the other terminals, with not too awful walk distance, right?
Yes you can walk to the D terminal airside where you can find AA lounges.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:02 pm

It was there already in November during our trip, E-gate and A330 AY aircraft. The lounge had much much better offerings than I expected, but the atmosfere was really steril and cold.
OK showers, nice food for a US lounge. It's large and divided into many partitions so there's some privacy, too. Concourses D & E are interconnected (I flew AA MIA-SCL in December, that flight left from D but I entered security through E and used the E lounge without problems, travelled in F). No other concourses are interconnected airside at MIA.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Usually, overbooking occurs in Y. On a route like MIA, it's likely they actually aim at overbooking Y and then op-uping pax to J since it's a J-light route. I don't know if AY actually ever intentionally oversells J.
In fact, our trip to MIA was fully booked in J both ways
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:27 pm

You mean all J seats on board were taken, or it showed J0 before the flight?

I believe all J seats were taken on my flight, as well. But it doesn't necessarily mean they sold them all but more like they upgraded XX pax because they had overbooked. I actually guess this is what they did because before boarding started, they paged several passengers and asked them to proceed to the podium. I wasn't close enough to see what went on there but I guess they were given new BPs.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Still the same. E10 gate. Checked both the Admirals Club in D and Premium Lounge in E. Renovation in Admirals still ongoing, hopefully Flagship opened later in the Spring? Premium has better offerings, but as FFlash said, more steril and cold. If you want to avoid crowd of Finns, perhaps Admirals would make a win
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Ukki
Still the same. E10 gate. Checked both the Admirals Club in D and Premium Lounge in E. Renovation in Admirals still ongoing, hopefully Flagship opened later in the Spring? Premium has better offerings, but as FFlash said, more steril and cold. If you want to avoid crowd of Finns, perhaps Admirals would make a win

Myexperiences on AY8, seat 4L. J was 100% full (did not check the minicabin).After eating well in the lounge(s), I skipped the dinner to get immediatelyinto sleep. For an overnight flight, the flat seat was perfect, IMO clearlysuperior to any AY seat, at least on L-side. I have never before slept 7+ hoursin plane. There was more leg space in length and width (I am 181 cm), and theseat felt also wider, possible to go on side. Even the seat material feltbetter for a sleep. However, working area was poor compared to AY330(2A/4A/6A9. Movable table was too high and also the side table too high inregard to working. Only pay-on-use WiFi, no complimentary codes for elites.According to FA, WiFi is slow, and it is also expensive.

The service was OK. The atmosphere of totally FinnishFA team was relaxed and very positive. Purser came to me and asked everythingis fine and if there is anything she could help. Slippers were distributed, andsocks given on request. Breakfast OK, no idea about the dinner.

As conclusion,good for an overnight flight, but not for daytime flight if you wantto work.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Do IB crew wear IB or AY uniforms?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Since the extension of the original wet lease, it is operated with AY flight crew, not anymore the IB one.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Ah - good to know. I suppose I could rephrase my question to the past tense then!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Since the extension of the original wet lease, it is operated with AY flight crew, not anymore the IB one.
Actually, AY cabin crew in AY uniforms and IB flight crew (cockpit crew) in their own uniforms. Pilot shortage due to extensive training schedule was the initial reason for this wetlease and cabin crew have been through a short conversion training according to IB requirements.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by ff_flyer
Actually, AY cabin crew in AY uniforms and IB flight crew (cockpit crew) in their own uniforms. Pilot shortage due to extensive training schedule was the initial reason for this wetlease and cabin crew have been through a short conversion training according to IB requirements.
^ Oops... Mixed up terms quite a bit
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:40 am

IB cabin crew wore IB uniforms.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
IB cabin crew wore IB uniforms.
True, but there has not been a single IB cabin crew member onboard since beginning of February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.