Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DOT to fly ATRs for Finnair

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:13 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
DOT to fly ATRs for Finnair

Time to check your itinneraries again. Due to lack of Norra pilots, Finnair have leased ATRs for domestic and international traffic.

ATR from DOT may be used on Finnair's domestic and European routes for a limited time period

Finnair has leased an ATR aircraft and crew from DOT, a subsidiary of Danish Air Transport , for a limited time period starting of Oct 10, to cover for the shortage of pilots at Norra, which operates a part of Finnair's traffic in Finland and in Europe. The aircraft and crew will be used for example in situations where a flight otherwise would have to be cancelled due to crew sick leave or other reason, and it may be used on Finnair's domestic and European routes.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
wow. average age of the DOT passenger ATRs is 26 years.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:02 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Would there even be some former AERO(flot)-aircraft (ATR 72-201), of which some were acquired as pre-owned from Far-East... Those had the passenger doors in front and could copulate with the "domestic terminal airbridges" with stair extensions in HEL.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TTL
Would there even be some former AERO(flot)-aircraft (ATR 72-201), of which some were acquired as pre-owned from Far-East... Those had the passenger doors in front and could copulate with the "domestic terminal airbridges" with stair extensions in HEL.
yup - OH-KRH currently known as LY-MCA.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
What IS Danish air transport? I'm supposed to fly LCY-ANR with them next week (BA ticket), but when I looked at their website it looks like low-cost? Surely the bankers in LCY can't love such a concept...
Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:32 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
According to AY, DOT only flies in cases where cancellation was the alternative.
But yeah LCY pax likely rather have AY cancel the flight and reroute them.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
It was a Sunday afternoon after 2 nights of heavy drinking in friend's 30-year party at his parents summer cottage and unfortunately I was heading to Brussels with SK from TKU.

I was minding my own business, listening to some music and dreaming of that sweet Sofitel bed that was waiting for me and thinking that after I arrive I can sleep full 12 hours before going to work on Monday morning to ease the hangover.

Boarding started and I walked outside to catch the plane. There was a bright red MD83 parked with some weird football paintings. I immediately pinched myself and thought that it has to be a dream or delirium from drinking. But no, it was Danish Air Transport's MD83 OY-RUE waiting as a wet-lease for SK.

https://www.planespotters.net/airfra...-Air-Transport

From inside, seats were thicker than our living room coach and judging by the wear and tear had seen more ... than a standard Mercedes taxi in Tallinn. Still alive!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Hilarious, indeed.
Many of us have propably seen (or even travelled on) that bird from HEL or OUL in late 1990's when it was operated by Sunways and registered to Turkey as TC-INB.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: AY Platinum
I'd love to get a suprise ride in any MD plane - for the old times' sake! (I even had strong sympathy for the Blue1's 717s which they used to have in use until last year.)
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
I had the pleasure to fly on DAT in last April - it was operating SK on ARN-HEL route. MD83 from 1990 - did not write down registration #.

Noticed the the quite funny security leaflet - it was forbidding not to bring your TV and PC Printer on board

Nothing though beats an quite empty MD83(-11) acceleration.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
I did some digging and it turns out the LCY-ANR route is operate by DAT for Cityjet in an ATR45. On a BA-marketed ticket.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by jouhka
Noticed the the quite funny security leaflet - it was forbidding not to bring your TV and PC Printer on board
Meaning that any passenger without TV or printer would be IVDB? Damn, I don't even own a printer .

(Also, mind double negation )
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Meaning that any passenger without TV or printer would be IVDB? Damn, I don't even own a printer .

(Also, mind double negation )
Damn. Sorry

But IVDB?

Rank Abbr. Meaning

IVDB Institute on Violence and Destructive Behavior (University of Oregon; Eugene, OR)
IVDB Internet Vehicle Database
IVDB Inland Valley Daily Bulletin (Ontario, CA)
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:53 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

InVoluntarily Denied Boarding?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Their OY-RUG with nice rainbow colors parked next to cargo terminal. According to FR did one trip to Tartu on 17th as AY flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.