LGG's Platinum hunting 2017

Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Congratulations! And you even have one month to spare – holiday month = no flying?

Originally Posted by aama
What was your total cost for all this? Just curious since MRing would have been more cost/point effective.
I highly doubt that OH-LGG could have achieved Platinum more cost effectively (=in a cheaper way) than this. He's the ultimate AY Platinum run expert... And those ARN-PRG-HEL tickets are, for some reason, supercheap.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005
Congratulations! And you even have one month to spare – holiday month = no flying?
Almost 2 months no need to fly. Next planned is on 1st Sep.

On FTer said I'm an idiot, fly Plat and then enjoy period when no need to fly.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG

On FTer said I'm an idiot, fly Plat and then enjoy period when no need to fly.
The only reason you work hard to get platinum status is so that your next year's platinum hunt will be more comfortable. That seems very sensible!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Well done!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
The only reason you work hard to get platinum status is so that your next year's platinum hunt will be more comfortable. That seems very sensible!
My thoughts, exactly
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I assume the policy changes and also leaves some room for the case handler. Dependong on the occurence, I have seen any of the following:
  • Apology or thanks.
  • Choice of Finnair Plus points or travel discount code.
  • Finnair Plus points.
  • Onboard purchase voucher (via snail mail).
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Using this old topic but today I got 76 segments full by flying ARN-HEL. :-: Feels like Platinum comes too easy nowadays, 76 flights wasnt so bad.

But now in the new world of AY Plus it's only half way and it feels like nothing achieved.
So, 5 months left and 74 flights needed for next level. Game starts immediately with segments #77 and #78 tomorrow. Lets do that freaking Lumo !
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Somehow I have the feeling that if/when you're done, you'll be one of the very few who qualifies to Lumo by segments

PS - I think AY never thought that intorducing Lumo level would mean they'd have to raise capacity HEL-ARN
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Added Stockholm capacity went to BMA route.
ATR. No thanks
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:39 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
You are crazy..good luck and hope it will be worth the effort..
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Added Stockholm capacity went to BMA route.
ATR. No thanks
I thought that there was lumohunting going on row 16 because the hostess was obviously in shock when he tried to charge for Coke and then realized to whom he was serving the beverage correct me if I’m wrong.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:03 am
Original Poster

I dont know who was it and who ordered Coke on row 16.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
I dont know who was it and who ordered Coke on row 16.

Oh, another platsku then, I didn't pay that much attention on the face etc. but just observed the discussion and steward checking passenger manifest.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Using this old topic but today I got 76 segments full by flying ARN-HEL. :-: Feels like Platinum comes too easy nowadays, 76 flights wasnt so bad.

But now in the new world of AY Plus it's only half way and it feels like nothing achieved.
So, 5 months left and 74 flights needed for next level. Game starts immediately with segments #77 and #78 tomorrow. Lets do that freaking Lumo !
I got inspired by your PRG runs, which actually were of some use for me besides the Platinum effect. Now I think it's time to follow the master on the way to Lumo. May I be lucky enough to make it on a Lumo-on-segments podium. Even 3rd place would be nice in this game
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:24 am

Will you please advise what is the driving force on these segment runs? Do you simply like spending time at airport and plane? I can understand someone flying somewhere once or twice just to reach next tier if that makes majority of other flights more convenient but I don't understand if someone flies this much just to reach higher tier which gives no real value?

My purpose is not to be awkward but I'm simply interested if I have missed something...

- sulkkis

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.