Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGG's Platinum hunting 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Furry
Too bad I don't need more segments before next year as the price for those is really nice.
I don't need now any segments either so I got a 3 day trip in next June for 4 people for around 220€. ^
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
#10 HEL-ARN. AY635. A320. OH-LXL. Today daylight service to Arlanda. This A320 aircraft was almost full and no seat block. No newspapers offered.

Stockholm Arlanda lounge had today open doors, I just walked and no one interested checking me in. So my lunch was free to AY too. First time I seen hot meal in ARN lounge, Some lasagne and köttbullar.

#11 ARN-HEL. AY636. A320. OH-LXL. Again Y almost full. Now same cabin crew asked about newspapers. 10 minutes late arriving gate.

And points from trips #4-#7 still missing. Hello AY.......
Old Nov 12, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
First time I seen hot meal in ARN lounge, Some lasagne and köttbullar.
They seem to have them all the time when I'm there (which is usually between 1pm and 4 pm). I wonder what the hot items hours are.

The food at the ARN lounge is actually quite good in my opinion. Not the ABC stuff AY serves at HEL.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffay005
Th. I wonder what the hot items hours are
11am they made the switch and hot items arrived.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
They seem to have them all the time when I'm there (which is usually between 1pm and 4 pm). I wonder what the hot items hours are.

The food at the ARN lounge is actually quite good in my opinion. Not the ABC stuff AY serves at HEL.
What AY serves at HEL is the quality of Finnish school lunches that are one of my childhood traumas.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Now 4 more legs flown:

#12 HEL-ARN AY649. A319 OH-LVD. Wow, this evening I had a wonderful crew.
First Y rows were crowded so I picked row 21. Our purser walked with newspapers to see me and asked what is going on. Mr. LGG is going to Stockholm and coming back with us and going 09:30AM to PRG. I explained that 47 euros ticket is behind this story. She thanked me that I had chosen AY and asked anything she take for me. Load was about 50%

#13 ARN-HEL AY650. A319 OH-LVD. My turnaround in ARN was about 7 minutes, no time for lounge. Same lovely crew offered something to drink but i was ok with Blueberry juice. Load about 60-70%

#14 HEL-PRG AY715. A319 OH-LVC. Then after 9hrs stop over to PRG.
Newspapers brought and my answer was that I have my own with me but lets see on return flight. They have done their homework well because she answered me "yes, you are coming back with us". On this flight load was 60-70%

#15 PRG-HEL AY716 A319 OH-LVC. Two days before I noticed that this flight is going to be full. At the gate I sneaked behind the counter and I see one gentleman given a new boarding pass. I know what is going on now.
On that counter there is one more boarding pass waiting. I check my AY app how is my seat 6F doing. App connecting and updating...finally the update is ready and LGG's seat number is now 1C. ^ And then when boarding with my original boarding pass the machine gives that lovely sound" piip" and red light flashing.
Oh, that was great! I felt so hungry and lounge upstairs had only that bulk which is white bread and jam and nothing to eat. Now I get food.
Price of this flight PRG-HEL was 90SEK (about 10€uros) when purchasing it so I can say today Finnair paid me for flying.
And crew was lovely today. Before landing purser asked me if I'm going to Oulu with them next.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/ta...tinumhunt2017/

Last edited by OH-LGG; Nov 16, 2016 at 8:52 am
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
...Newspapers brought and my answer was that I have my own with me but lets see on return flight. They have done their homework well because she answered me "yes, you are coming back with us".
And crew was lovely today. Before landing purser asked me if I'm going to Oulu with them next.
Ah, it sounds like you are well on your way to become the posterboy of BlueWings magazine again.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
So both ARN and PRG crews knew already on the outbound that you'll be joining them on the inbound as well? I wonder if they've got some kind of "suspicious traveller alert system" which alerts them and urges the crew to try to find out what's going on. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Are these same-plane returns on different tickets? I suppose they must be, otherwise they wouldn't be so cheap.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:33 pm

So both ARN and PRG crews knew already on the outbound that you'll be joining them on the inbound as well? I wonder if they've got some kind of "suspicious traveller alert system" which alerts them and urges the crew to try to find out what's going on. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Are these same-plane returns on different tickets? I suppose they must be, otherwise they wouldn't be so cheap.
They get some kind of preliminary load sheet 1-2 days in advance that has names, seats and status. Pursers sometimes tell me that "originally there was only one/two/etc platinum". So probably they have compared the names
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)

No need to be paranoid.
If the same-plane return is on different ticket/PNR the cabin crew has no way to tell your return flight beforehand.
They are not really interested in your travel patterns in professional sense, some questions and raised eyebrows perhaps, but people have different reasons to fly back-to-back or instant returns.
Nothing for them to be worried about, we have other authorities to take care of that - particularly when crossing EU/Non-Schengen boundaries.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
At least the PRG flights are cheapest on the same ticket. As mentioned before in this thread maybe because of lower airport fees.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

That HEL-ARN was ticket nro one's return and then ARN-HEL-PRG-HEL is ticket number two.

Arlanda flight purser told that she had lists before they went CPH (plane arrived from CPH and then to ARN) ans She saw LGG on both ARN legs.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
Ah, it sounds like you are well on your way to become the posterboy of BlueWings magazine again.
Yeah, last page column: "Despair Platinum".
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
That HEL-ARN was ticket nro one's return and then ARN-HEL-PRG-HEL is ticket number two.

Arlanda flight purser told that she had lists before they went CPH (plane arrived from CPH and then to ARN) ans She saw LGG on both ARN legs.
Sure they see all the tier names on all legs, but different PNR's are not connected to each other.
If Jorma flies HEL-ARN and then back ARN-HEL on a different ticket these 2 Jormas are not identified as same passenger, only same names (and tier levels). Platinums' names will naturally catch cabin attendants' eye since they are told to keep an eye on you, for service standard reasons.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I did quite a few same-plane turnarounds (usually last and first legs of intercons), crew was always surprised to see me back - even when I told them at the door "see you on the way back" - they probably didn't take it literally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.