Search

LGG's Platinum hunting 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
Ah, they should start with the naming & shaming that is done at MEL airport:
"Mr X travelling on XX123 to YYY: Go immediately to gate, everyone else is onboard and departure is held back by you"
True story from HEL:

"Mrs X on flight xxx please proceed to gate N immediately"

somewhat later

"Mrs X on flight xxx please proceed to gate N immediately, your flight is leaving"

somewhat later

"Mrs X on flight xxx please proceed to gate N immediately, your flight is leaving""

somewhat later

"Mrs X on flight xxx please contact the transfer desk"
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
My apologies, so many flights flown but due to lack of time, I have missed reporting. Now I'm in sunny Bangkok having Chang beer and sitting on soffa and trying to remember my flights from 29 to 39.

#29 ARN-HEL AY650 A319 OH-LVB
This ticket and day was a disaster. As I wrote earlier, I had DY ticket to Arlanda but due to work issues I had to skip DY (which was late 2 hrs) and I took AY award flight to ARN. But I had to cancel next days HEL-PRG and PRG-HEL. So I lost 2 flights.

#30 HEL-ARN AY643 A320 OH-LXH
This flight was positioning flight to ARN and first step to take part in our great LHR event. Two other FT'er onboard and positioning.

#31 ARN-HEL AY644 A320 OH-LXH
Two more FT'ers joined us on this flight and out trip to LHR now started.

#32 HEL-LHR AY839 A319 OH-LVC.
First this flight was scheduled as A320 and in ARN we noticed that our aircraft to London is now smaller. We had technical difficulties before departure and this caused 30 min delay.
Most of our FT LHR team sitting in C and some them wearing nice sombreros.

#33 LHR-HEL AY996 A320 OH-LXF
After our lounge visit we took flight to HEL. Air hostess came to me asked what group is this and where we are coming from. I told that we are on a educational trip to First Class lounge and we all are first class passengers. Some of us wearing first class sombrero.
Thanx all, it was a nice trip. ^

#34 HEL-ARN AY649 E90 OH-LKG
#35 ARN-HEL AY650 E90 OH-LKG
Norra service to ARN and back. 650 was 100% full. Magazines offered. Just basic Norra service.

#36 ARN-HEL AY636 A320 OH-LXK
After DY positinoing to ARN AY takes me back to HEL and my trip to BKK has now started. Ilta-Sanomat offered.

#37 HEL-BUD AY755 A319 OH-LVH
Going to BKK again. This aircraft was first A32B but was switched for a smaller one. While boarding I tell air hostess, I'll be here all night with You. She answer's me: Yes, I know, You're coming back with us. I saw You on a list.
No magazines or drink offered.

#38 BUD-HEL AY756 A319 OH-LVH
Going to BKK. 6 rows of C and only customer here is LGG. I had nice and personal service. Also had to explain to all 3 air hostess why to BUD and back and some basic things about AY pricing.

#39 HEL-BKK AY095 A333 OH-LTN
This aircraft comes late from Cuba so our departure delayed about 30 min. No welcoming drink offered and service on this flight is strange. Everything is so slow, no one asking if more drinks needed during the dinner or no one asking is everything ok here. Dinner took so long that I got my table clear near Caspian Sea, and that is about 3hrs after departure.
Food on AY BKK route in C is a joke. That plate and portion is same size than in Y....so … small! AY's cheese plate is 2 pieces of cheese.
Wi-fi worked well and wi-fi codes were given as paper vouchers for everyone in C.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Food on AY BKK route in C is a joke. That plate and portion is same size than in Y....so … small! AY's cheese plate is 2 pieces of cheese.
The cheese was similar on AY5 on JAN15...
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:33 am

Also had to explain to all 3 air hostess why to BUD and back and some basic things about AY pricing.
You're a real hit with the AY ladies, huh?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 4004
You're a real hit with the AY ladies, huh?
No, not at all But I only answer the questions.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:52 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
No, not at all But I only answer the questions.
Bah! Humbug!
I'd say you had training by supo, 'cause you can make them ask the questions you want to answer!!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Almost one month without flying and 6 weeks without going to PRG but today this journey continues.

It's ARN time tonight and tomorrow time to taste white toast and jam in PRG lounge.

Now if everything goes as planned (like no more Stomach disease from Thailand cancelling 5 of my flights) this Plat-journey is done on 14MAY17.

Last edited by OH-LGG; Feb 21, 2017 at 7:27 am
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Now if everything goes as planned (like no more Stomach disease from Thailand cancelling 5 of my flights) this Plat-journey is done on 14MAY17.
Well, you were complaining about AY food some posts ago so karma is a ..... at least AY food doesn't typically create urgent need to get rid of the food by any means necessarely, as i.e., food spiced with Noro does.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Well, you were complaining about AY food some posts ago so karma is a ..... at least AY food doesn't typically create urgent need to get rid of the food by any means necessarely, as i.e., food spiced with Noro does.
Yes, complaining about AY C food size, so small.

But I guess this stomach issue was from "landside" BKK. It started two days after arrival in Finland and during that, max. distance from the toilet was 5 meters and toilet was kept free all the time.
I even tried once AY649/650/715/716 but I had to skip it. Even ARN 45 minutes flight time was too much. And funny thing was that I followed my flights from Flightradar and AY650 was delayed 1-1,5 hours and then in ARN it had to come back to the gate from runway 19R. So it was delayed more and more and I was happy I wasnt on board there.

#40 BKK-HEL AY090 A359 OH-LWA.
Nothing special on this flight, I had 7A and MrsLGG 7D. Most important thing was that I finally had my 4 Napue Gin's. Paid those with discount Plus Shop vouchers bought in September and then added with 10% discount, so these Napues were cheap.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Today it was a quickie.

#41 AY649 HEL-ARN A319 OH-LVC.
Today our crew was in a hurry. I dont know where and why but it everything was fast.
Boarding completed 10 minutes before scheduled and we left the gate 9 minutes before schd. First time in my flying history A319 used intersection ZG on RWY 04R for take off. So obviously we had very light load. ZL is often used for smaller Airbus if want to go before heavy departing from ZR or ZS.
Ilta-Sanomat offered. I had 21A and 2 other seats were empty.
Touchdown ARN 01L 19:57 and taxing fast to gate 65.
At the gate 20:03 (20:15).
I went to Menzies to have glass of coke and and some bread and AY650 started boarding 20:15.

#42 AY650 ARN-HEL A319 OH-LVC
Hurry hurry! Left the gate 20:23 (20:45) Taxing fast to departure point RWY08.
Flight time was 45 minutes so landing 22:10 and at the gate 22:16 (22:40). I was at home 22:40. ^

Last edited by OH-LGG; Feb 21, 2017 at 3:31 pm
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Go, LGG, go!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
But I guess this stomach issue was from "landside" BKK. It started two days after arrival in Finland and during that, max. distance from the toilet was 5 meters and toilet was kept free all the time.
I even tried once AY649/650/715/716 but I had to skip it. Even ARN 45 minutes flight time was too much.
Indeed.

It sounds like that single engine of yours went into compressor stall, emitting irregular loud bangs, smoke and flames. All you can do then is to starve it and wait for flame-out, before you carefully try to re-start it.

These actions are best taken on the ground and if it would happen en-route to ARN, even a divert to front LAV won't prevent disaster from striking, and flight authorities may very well ground OH-LGG pending investigation.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Is this PRG Menzies the worst lounge in AYs network in Europe? Nothing to eat. Only White toast (nothing to do with food) and Knorr soups.

If You love beer, then this lounge is ok.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Is this PRG Menzies the worst lounge in AYs network in Europe? Nothing to eat. Only White toast (nothing to do with food) and Knorr soups.

If You love beer, then this lounge is ok.
I believe it is, although BUD is not much better.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Red face

Originally Posted by lkrt
I believe it is, although BUD is not much better.
BUD has a salad bar now. Those everlasting theree angle sandwitches are gone.

And it is salad, not Cistavoda style 0,33 salads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.