AY Announces SFO for S17

Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:12 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Interesting. They are selling also First on those direct flights. Just wonder if they are going to do the same as AB did when introducing new AB business class, that AY is naming the first row as First Also the note is noteworthy: "...trip includes flights in various travel cabins: Business, Economy." Just wonder what you really would get for that 7436€
Maybe it won't be A330.. Did AY pick up on the lease of SQ's castaway A380 (MSN3)?!

But seriously this just goes to prove how utterly bad the booking engine is. Selling a First fare when none of the flights offers first. Borderline criminal.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Jainzar
To SFO people are willing to pay more. SK's normal starting price for the cheapest tickets ex-FIN is 670€ to SFO vs. 450€ to LAX.
LAX wouldn't fit the 24-hour-cycle either. Even SFO barely does, with 110 min at the outstation and a relatively late arrival time & early departure time at HEL. They can't put the SFO plane on just any Wave flight ex-HEL.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:39 pm

First off, this is really good news - the one route I was really hoping Finnair would do someday! I predict it will do very well for them.

Now the interesting part - I already have several tickets booked next summer SFO-ORD/JFK-HEL-onward (AY codes all, AA metal ex-SFO). These are all relatively cheap Y fares. What are the odds I can talk AY into switching me onto the non-stops? I am AA plat if that matters...

Thanks FT!

Last edited by spongenotbob; Sep 22, 2016 at 3:57 pm
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Now the interesting part - I already have several tickets booked next summer SFO-ORD/JFK-HEL-onward (AY codes all, AA metal ex-SFO). These are all relatively cheap Y fares. What are the odds I can talk AY into switching me onto the non-stops? I am AA plat if that matters...
Depends on whether they are NONREF. If they are, your chances are extremely slim.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Where is this A333 taken from....
I hear AA has some "lightly used" A333s they will be retiring next year.....
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:09 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Originally Posted by ffay005
I wonder if AY and QR will do some cooperation here. If not, it'll probably be horrendously expensive. Does QR codeshare extensively with OW partners?
QR codeshares at least with AA and CX. I think that both AY and QR would profit from this codeshare! ^

The good news with SFO is also that there three international OW lounges there: BA, JL and CX. I just hope that AY will not opt for the AF lounge, currently used by AB.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Justinus
The good news with SFO is also that there three international OW lounges there: BA, JL and CX. I just hope that AY will not opt for the AF lounge, currently used by AB.
Sounds like a DO to me.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:54 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Ok now they loaded "real" prices.

ARN-HEL-SFO r/t for ~400€ in Y and ~1800€ in C. For example 17/8-27/8. So about -50% if you start from ARN.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:01 pm

The AY4511/4512 are special flights. I find it probable that the dragons at SFO lounges do not know anything about them. Would they be defined as "scheduled" for lounge access at SFO, meaning I have the choice between CX, JL and BA?

Or does the flight even have to be classified as scheduled? Oneworld.com simply says "To be eligible, you must be departing on a flight that is both marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline." and that of course is the case here. Just fearing the dragon will say No because "AY doesn't fly from SFO".
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:31 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
The AY4511/4512 are special flights. I find it probable that the dragons at SFO lounges do not know anything about them. Would they be defined as "scheduled" for lounge access at SFO, meaning I have the choice between CX, JL and BA?

Or does the flight even have to be classified as scheduled? Oneworld.com simply says "To be eligible, you must be departing on a flight that is both marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline." and that of course is the case here. Just fearing the dragon will say No because "AY doesn't fly from SFO".
This thread is not about those flights. It's about AY11/12 that were announced for next year. See first few posts of the thread.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by florens
This thread is not about those flights. It's about AY11/12 that were announced for next year. See first few posts of the thread.
Thank you for your friendly reminder. I am well aware of that, but didn't think it necessary to create a thread of its own for my question.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:36 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat

I am relatively sure it won't be a problem. As you're Sapphire, it'll probably work out just fine.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
I am relatively sure it won't be a problem. As you're Sapphire, it'll probably work out just fine.
Thanks! I hope so. I just hear the dragon say, "AY doesn't fly to SFO" and me replying, "Well, they do today..."
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I can see Sweden to SFO pricing at £256 at the moment
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I can see Sweden to SFO pricing at £256 at the moment
Is that or is there BA crap involved?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.