Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OH-LGG
To be updated for the new cabin interiors!

Current fleet and entry date & updated cabin:
  • OH-LTM: 2009-03-26, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTN: 2009-04-24
  • OH-LTO: 2009-05-15, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTP: 2009-06-18, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTR: 2009-12-18, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTS: 2010-02-11, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTT: 2010-04-15, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTU: 2010-11-26, new J & PE cabin

Seating (old cabin)
J/45 Y/218: Features 2 J cabins. 1 bird (LTN) has this config

Complete seatmap and layout of config 1 can be found here and config 2 is here.

Business Class (old cabin) features Vantage (built by Zodiac UK on license) full-flat bed seats in a staggered layout, alternating 2-2-1 and 1-2-1 abreast. Config1 has two business class cabins, row 1-7 and 8-10.
Preferred seats depends on your preferences. Some prefers minicabin for its smaller size, but beware that economy boards through the mini cabin and are seated immediately behind a thin wall after row 10.
Even A seats (2A/4A/6A/8A) enjoys 2 side tables and are nicknamed throne seats and are loved for their exclusive private feel by kids and adults. They do however have narrow footwells.
L seats are also single seats, with even rows (2L/4L/...) having the side table on the aisle side, making the seat slightly more private and odd rows (1L/3L/...) having side table on the window side making aisle access extremely easy (esp 1L) and better feet space.
All paired seats are good for couples travelling together. Do note that 1AC/3AC/5AC/7AC shares one side table, while DH seats each have their own side table.

Economy Comfort on A333 has similar seats as plain economy, but with a adjustable headrest and ≈4" inches more legroom. They also come with noise cancelling headphones, 1h internet, priority boarding and a small amenity kit.
Finnair platinums and OWE members can select these seats for free. (OWE must call to do so). Other passengers can buy comfort seats for a fee, and seats are also sold after boarding.
Economy comfort is row 21-25 on both configs, but due to effects when retrofitting the cabin, there are major differences in cabin layout.

To find best seat, you first need to identify what airplane you are on, which can be done by analysing your seat map as suggested in this post.

Economy Class features 2-4-2 abreast slimline seating with 32" pitch. The best seats are row 41 with most legroom on A/C/J/L, but do notice that 41D/H are baby bassinet seats.
These are either labled "extra legroom" or "exit row" in the seat map and are selectable with status or for a fee.
Economy cabin offers USB for charge - no AC outlets.

In-Flight Entertainment
You will have Bose noise-cancelling earphones in business class and in Economy comfort, and earplugs in economy class.

Wifi: All A333 have Wifi. To redeem free access if eligible, you will need to enter your surname and seat number on the login page, otherwise it costs you 7,95€ per hour, 11,95€ per three hours or 19,95€ for the whole flight. It may take some time until up in the air to get it started.

Print Wikipost

Finnair A330 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, the A-to-C climb is much easier in row 1.

I personally don't find 1AC disturbed by toliets/galley. DH ofcourse has even easier aisle access, but I strongly discourage from 1DH as these seats are much more exposed.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:53 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
Yes, the A-to-C climb is much easier in row 1.

I personally don't find 1AC disturbed by toliets/galley. DH ofcourse has even easier aisle access, but I strongly discourage from 1DH as these seats are much more exposed.
I agree with all three points. Plus sometimes people want to take shortcut from one aisle to another in front of 1DH. Not nice.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Plus sometimes people want to take shortcut from one aisle to another in front of 1DH
Hate it when they do that. Especially crew members.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:03 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Or when crew positions the newspaper trolley in 1DH "to keep it out of the way"!
(But frankly this was worse in the old 2-2-2 config, 'casue 1DH did not have any foot wells, just a lot of floor space.)
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:45 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Or when crew positions the newspaper trolley in 1DH "to keep it out of the way"!
(But frankly this was worse in the old 2-2-2 config, 'casue 1DH did not have any foot wells, just a lot of floor space.)
God forbid those newspaper trolleys but where are the days when they put the pre-departure champagne bar in front of 1DH!

In the good old days that was often the case for daytime departures.

Ah, sorry, I'm just too old..
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:19 am

LTP got back from maintenance in HKG last Saturday and is equipped with WiFi. Now it's LTR's turn.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
God forbid those newspaper trolleys but where are the days when they put the pre-departure champagne bar in front of 1DH!
Do you mean it in a good way or in a bad way?

Even on the A350 - at least on some flights I was on - they (used to?) put the in-flight bar in front of 1AC on top of the cabinet. In case of a bit of turbulence, guess who is covered with chocolate, champagne and glass shards?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Even on the A350 - at least on some flights I was on - they (used to?) put the in-flight bar in front of 1AC on top of the cabinet. In case of a bit of turbulence, guess who is covered with chocolate, champagne and glass shards?
It´s about the pre-depature champagne - inflight they should take the drinks in the galley.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The key word is "should". I'll check next time I'm on a A330/A350, ie Sunday
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: AY,CA,CZ
Last Sunday the inflight bar was there on top of 1AC during the flight as well.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:18 am

Maybe somebody can help me here, is there something like a "destination list" for the A330? - I don t wan to start my vacation on board a AY A 350 & I have miles to burn - fast.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Maybe somebody can help me here, is there something like a "destination list" for the A330? - I don t wan to start my vacation on board a AY A 350 & I have miles to burn - fast.
What's your time window?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Ed Size

Totally A350 free routes:
JFK
ORD
MIA
SFO
CKG
XIY
NGO
CAN
FUK
DEL

Mixed 330/350:
NRT
ICN
KIX

and KBV, HKT and 2ndBKK are closing soon.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by ff_flyer
What's your time window?
Pretty flexible, just need to burn points in March - and then on going till the end of the year (from two account with - over a million points will expire this year).
Old Mar 18, 2017, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Totally A350 free routes:
JFK
ORD
MIA
SFO
CKG
XIY
NGO
CAN
FUK
DEL

Mixed 330/350:
NRT
ICN
KIX

and KBV, HKT and 2ndBKK are closing soon.
Great, thx. SFX sonds good, for any reason I thought this is a A350 destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.