Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Selecting seats in advance: problems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:07 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP

Hey all

I have selected seats through the MMB page but when I press confirm the website "hangs" and a file called "override.action" is downloaded automatically.

Is it a temporary glitch?

I use Google Chrome.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:21 am

That's a by now well-known problem on the site, doesn't matter which browser you use. It has been discussed on the forum since at least three weeks ago in another thread. CS is able to book seats for you if you call/e-mail them.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:29 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jmmi
That's a by now well-known problem on the site, doesn't matter which browser you use. It has been discussed on the forum since at least three weeks ago in another thread. CS is able to book seats for you if you call/e-mail them.
Roger that, thank you.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Sending Twitter messages works as well. The twitter team seem to be fairly quick.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
You could also try the online chat on the Finnair website, I'm guessing they would be fastest as the feedback is usually instant.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:06 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Wow, the chat option was swift. Thank you!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:19 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The chat tends to blink in and out of view for me. Not sure if it's an IT glitch or the agent is closing the window or what.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Datapoint:

It now seems that ASR (seat selection) on Finnair manage my booking works again.
If I go into some of my bookings, not all seats are marked "taken" and if I change a seat, no "override.action" is downloaded, the change will stick and Amadeus is updated.

The situation is not restored to the way it used to be, though. If I look at the seatmap in expert flyer, ALL seats are marked as free, including the seat I am currently in.
If I chose to move to a "preferred seat" (like exit row), which expertflyer normally marks as blocked, the block is lifted and the seat I have selected is flagged as free.

It kind of looks like Amadeus made some changes that broke the ASR. To solve the problem, Finnair has made changes so that seat reserved no longer is reported to Amadeus as taken?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.