Operated by Jettime for Norra

Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Operated by Jettime for Norra

Jettime will operate some Norra flights to Krakow, Prague and Venice in July and August

"Due to pilot capacity issues at Norra who operates a part of Finnair’s domestic and European traffic, Finnair will use an aircraft and crew leased from Jettime Oy, a subsidy of Danish airline Jet Time between 7 July and 31 August, 2016. The aircraft will operate some flights to/from Krakow, Prague and Venice.

The aircraft is Boeing B737-700 and the whole crew comes from Jettime, and one Norra cabin crew member joins the crew to support the customer service. The meal concept is Finnair’s meal concept (Sky Bistro and pre-order meals). If you have purchased a seat in advance, you will automatically be re-seated to a similar seat. There’s no in-flight sales, but all pre-ordered goods will be delivered.

The flight schedules remain the same, and the lease does not require any action from the customers.

When you buy tickets through finnair.com, the operating airline is shown on the ‘Select Flights’ page. If you have already made a booking on any of the flights affected, we will inform you about the change in operating aircraft by email/SMS. Please check from Manage booking that we have your current contact information.

Due to the change in flight operator:

you can postpone your trip free of charge for dates between 1 September and 1 October, 2016 according to seat availability.
you can be rerouted on other oneworld carriers according to seat availability.
you are entitled to a ticket refund if you choose not to travel.

If you wish to change or cancel your flight, kindly contact Finnair Customer Service. We also serve our customers on Twitter @FinnairHelps and on Finnair Facebook pages. Finnair Passenger Rights.

Flights operated by Jet Time have only economy class. If you have purchased a business class ticket, you can use the options above, or if you decide to fly in economy class, you are entitled to a partial refund of the ticket fare. If you have used Finnair Plus points for upgrade, points will be refunded to your account. Please fill in the feedback form after the journey.

We are sorry for the inconvenience the change in flight operator may cause you."
Old Jun 13, 2016, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by ff_flyer
Jettime will operate some Norra flights to Krakow, Prague and Venice in July and August

"Due to pilot capacity issues at Norra who operates a part of Finnair’s domestic and European traffic, Finnair will use an aircraft and crew leased from Jettime Oy, a subsidy of Danish airline Jet Time between 7 July and 31 August, 2016. The aircraft will operate some flights to/from Krakow, Prague and Venice.

The aircraft is Boeing B737-700 and the whole crew comes from Jettime, and one Norra cabin crew member joins the crew to support the customer service. The meal concept is Finnair’s meal concept (Sky Bistro and pre-order meals). If you have purchased a seat in advance, you will automatically be re-seated to a similar seat. There’s no in-flight sales, but all pre-ordered goods will be delivered.

The flight schedules remain the same, and the lease does not require any action from the customers.

When you buy tickets through finnair.com, the operating airline is shown on the ‘Select Flights’ page. If you have already made a booking on any of the flights affected, we will inform you about the change in operating aircraft by email/SMS. Please check from Manage booking that we have your current contact information.

Due to the change in flight operator:

you can postpone your trip free of charge for dates between 1 September and 1 October, 2016 according to seat availability.
you can be rerouted on other oneworld carriers according to seat availability.
you are entitled to a ticket refund if you choose not to travel.

If you wish to change or cancel your flight, kindly contact Finnair Customer Service. We also serve our customers on Twitter @FinnairHelps and on Finnair Facebook pages. Finnair Passenger Rights.

Flights operated by Jet Time have only economy class. If you have purchased a business class ticket, you can use the options above, or if you decide to fly in economy class, you are entitled to a partial refund of the ticket fare. If you have used Finnair Plus points for upgrade, points will be refunded to your account. Please fill in the feedback form after the journey.

We are sorry for the inconvenience the change in flight operator may cause you."
Finnair on shorthaul is beginning to look less and less Finnair
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:12 am

Programs: AY+ Silver
Looks like not all flights are replaced with 737. My HEL-PRG 9-10.07 weekend booking still shows AY A319.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by muhv
Looks like not all flights are replaced with 737. My HEL-PRG 9-10.07 weekend booking still shows AY A319.
Yep, it's not daily.
HEL-PRG and vv. is only on MON-THU and KRK/VCE are more or less random/scattered days but not on weekends.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Onboard Jet Time now.

Cramped seat pitch, but I have 13A which is clearly best. No 12A seat infront. Exit row 13 has otherwise a bit more legroom than row 12 which is also exit row but bareky 1-2cm more legroom than other rows. No business class rows. Lets see how service goes. At least FA was not following my doings as I prepared myself for setting me on seat packing stuff up, since halfway she started to order me doing all the same I was already doing I simply replied to her monology "leave me alone, I know what I am doing"
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Operated by Jettime

I'll be on AY717 to PRG tomorrow. The flight is operated by Jettime with a 737. Apparently no J since I was able to pick row 1, flying in Y.

Service concept should be the same as on AY. What about the plane itself? Legroom in row 1? Seat pitch in the other rows? Is there overhead space for carry-ons above row 1, or are the lockers reserved for emergency equipment or used by FA's?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:49 am

According to Wikipedia, all of their 737's have 148 seats. Assuming this is true, I would expect seat pitch of 30" to fit all of those seats in both 733 and 73G. You may be lucky with row 1, but be prepared for a tight squeeze.

There's also some additional information here:
http://www.jet-time.dk/en/travelers/...rip/book-seat/
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:12 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Ugh. No J?
Finnar has the decency to sell J-seats on AY717 tomorrow, for only 996€....
Seat map for J traveller is also all the seats of the plane, so finnair probably has loaded a seat map onto the system that is oneclass.
It will be pretty funny (not) when they are looking for the true J travellers for food and so one...

OT
I booked a silly cheap BA operated by B737-700 jettime, but because BA does not allow ASR for elites on light fare, I'm just going to get what I get. If all seats are crap ASR doesn't really matter
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
Ugh. No J?
Finnar has the decency to sell J-seats on AY717 tomorrow, for only 996€....
It's B as Business but in Y.

DEPARTURE
Helsinki - Prague
Thu 25 August 2016
AY717 B
17:35 - 18:45
Economy cabin
Business
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:52 pm

Thanks OH-LGG! I already started thinking about a scenario where the gate agent finds out about the situation and starts moving people around, as in "Here's your new seat 24F" on boarding. That could make life difficult for me (I'm connecting at PRG with a 50 min layover).

I'll report back about my experience after tomorrow's flight!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
@ffay005: I wrote just yesterday in the service updates -thread about Jet time. Seat 13A is to go!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:51 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
It's B as Business but in Y.
Oh, lovely!
Must be one of the worst offers ever? Almost 1000€ for an "outsourced" shorthaul economy class flight. So what is that, a markup of 5 000%? 50 times more expensive than the typical LCC shorthaul. Finnair should get out of the costly longhaul business and just re-brand and sell LCC flights with huge markups. @:-)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Finnair should get out of the costly longhaul business and just re-brand and sell LCC flights with huge markups. @:-)
Finnair - Operated by Ryanair
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
Oh, lovely!
Must be one of the worst offers ever? Almost 1000€ for an "outsourced" shorthaul economy class flight. So what is that, a markup of 5 000%? 50 times more expensive than the typical LCC shorthaul. Finnair should get out of the costly longhaul business and just re-brand and sell LCC flights with huge markups. @:-)
But you'd still get priority check-in! Are you saying it's really not worth 1000 EUR?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
@ffay005: I wrote just yesterday in the service updates -thread about Jet time. Seat 13A is to go!
Oh, it was you! I remember seeing something somewhere by someone, but I had no idea where to find it and a search came up with nothing. Let me copy your message here:

Originally Posted by FFlash
Onboard Jet Time now.

Cramped seat pitch, but I have 13A which is clearly best. No 12A seat infront. Exit row 13 has otherwise a bit more legroom than row 12 which is also exit row but bareky 1-2cm more legroom than other rows. No business class rows. Lets see how service goes. At least FA was not following my doings as I prepared myself for setting me on seat packing stuff up, since halfway she started to order me doing all the same I was already doing I simply replied to her monology "leave me alone, I know what I am doing"
This thread comes up as #1 when googling jettime finnair site:flyertalk.com, and since AY seems to be continuing these short-term wetleases, it might be a good idea to have "Operated by Highfly/whatever" threads as well. Easy to find.

Btw, did you have any glance at the first row? I'd move to row 13, but I want to be out of the plane as quickly as possible to secure my connection...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.