Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: AY+ Silver, IHG Gold Elite
Most likely the issue now / during the autumn has been the Finnair plus system update. I am also missing my points from 17th and 21st of November flights as well as my brand new silver status.

As some might have noticed the whole Finnair plus system was down due to the update from 18.11.2016 21oo to 21.11. "morning". Most likely this is like every IT project in Finland = delayed, messed up and wrong in every possible way. I wouldn't hold my breath until they get it fixed.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:33 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Usually AY points take a few days to post. I think there is some IT hiccup behind this.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Good that it's not only me. No flights have posted in the last 2 weeks. My counter also now tells me I have one flight less than before - I haven't checked what flight they removed.

Not impressed.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
I totally agree with you "fintastic".
Earlier it took maximum 5 days for AY-flights but now ages.
And regarding my MH-flights I had to contact Finnair Plus five times to get the points posted. Maybe MH to blame but still unacceptable I think.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
QS BNE-SYD not posted so far, almost two weeks has passed
QR SYD-DOH not posted so far, almost two weeks has passed
QR DOH-OSL points/segment posted in 2 days, but not visible on the table
AY OSL-HEL points/segment posted in 8 days, but not visible on the table

So I have got points/segments but can't see from which flights..
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum
I ended up getting my points for my recent 16 Nov lh flight to Asia twice. Unfortunately, it was fixed a couple of days afterwards. For a moment I already dreamed of getting a shortcut to Plat.

The above isn't visible on the AY website statement but in my Android app I used to have two events, giving 18,400 points for the same outbound flight for the same day and another event 10 days later "giving" me -18,400 for that flight. Now it seems that one of these events has disappeared and there's only one +18,400 event and another -18,400. Hopefully the total balance is still correct.

My friend actually made it to AY Gold prematurely because of this error. When fixing the error they took away the extra points but not his status. He would have reached Gold in any case after the points of the return flight will be credited, though.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum, AZ Alata Plus
sueco6, five contacts to get points posted? Wow.. sorry to hear that. No wonder a lot of people who don't fly as much wonder why I go to so much trouble to get every point I have earned rather than just let it be if they don't post automatically..

I really have difficulty understanding from an IT perspective how can it be so difficult to maintain a timely and reliable system for a seemingly simple task as crediting FF points (especially from AY flights!). I guess there must be a lot of legacy systems and interfaces where things can go wrong or something. Oh well, I have a month left to reach plat so hopefully we will all get our points soon!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:33 am

Thanks for the sympathy Fintastic.
I was actually considering to give up because I had already reached Plat and it was "only " a couple of thousand points .
But I am aiming for lifetime Gold within 4 (?) years so decided to keep on nagging ;-)
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Points of a flight on last Friday were posted to my account today so no delay in there. AY ticket on AY metal.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: AY LUMO
AA posted from my flight yesterday but I'm still waiting AY points from 25NOV.

Some troubles there.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
AY flights from 26NOV posted yesterday or possibly day before that. Seemed pretty normal. Flights on 27 has not posted yet though.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
HEL-CDG-MIA, no code shares, AY stock: CDG-MIA posted the next day, impressively fast. HEL-CDG waiting... Somewhat ironic.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: Finnair plat
Originally Posted by Furry
QS BNE-SYD not posted so far, almost two weeks has passed
Do you mean Qantas?
If the ticket says economy in instead of a char, there is no AY point
Red deal tickets = no AY point
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:37 am

15 days and still no points posted for a regular HEL-ARN return flight.
But somehow they have already managed to post my next ARN-HEL flight past Saturday.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by goldnext
Do you mean Qantas?
If the ticket says economy in instead of a char, there is no AY point
Red deal tickets = no AY point
Yup Qantas, so QF It was one of the earning classes, so need to do retro-claim now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.