Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:55 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Again, all of you who are missing points; You need to educate the FA that s/he needs to register the card twice. First to get the 10% discount on the total, then a second time to register the account for points.

And yes, it is a disgrace for AY HQ to source such a bad machine and implement it in such a poor way. It is unfathomable how they can ignore the basic use cases. If they just invested some time and money in the machines, they would easily have made double revenue. (AY is not alone in this disgrace department though)
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:18 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition
Again, all of you who are missing points; You need to educate the FA that s/he needs to register the card twice. First to get the 10% discount on the total, then a second time to register the account for points.
I've tried to educate FAs (chief of cabin actually) without success because crew knows better. A few weeks ago I had a preorder. Purser wiped my card once, asked me to put PIN code and sign a receipt. When I mentioned that maybe he should wiped my card again since there isn't my frequent flyer number in the receipt, he told me that it comes automatically because the number already is in the preorder confirmation. Points didn't come onto my account but I had to contact Finnair customer service. On another flight, purser wiped my cards several times and managed to double charge me. She wasn't able to cancel one of them but just asked me to be in contact with customer care.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I've tried to educate FAs (chief of cabin actually) without success because crew knows better. A few weeks ago I had a preorder. Purser wiped my card once, asked me to put PIN code and sign a receipt. When I mentioned that maybe he should wiped my card again since there isn't my frequent flyer number in the receipt, he told me that it comes automatically because the number already is in the preorder confirmation. Points didn't come onto my account but I had to contact Finnair customer service. On another flight, purser wiped my cards several times and managed to double charge me. She wasn't able to cancel one of them but just asked me to be in contact with customer care.
These are perhaps small things, but little things that matter and make difference. It would be better for business not to introduce such systems if they don't work seamlessly, now these examples have become a lose-lose
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I've tried ...
Wow, just wow.
Perhaps it is not only bad machines but also staff attitudes to some extent. It is not unheard of in legacy industries that staff fight changes in their roles by not learning new techniques proerly.

Originally Posted by FFlash
... now these examples have become a lose-lose
Indeed!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I've tried to educate FAs (chief of cabin actually) without success because crew knows better. A few weeks ago I had a preorder. Purser wiped my card once, asked me to put PIN code and sign a receipt. When I mentioned that maybe he should wiped my card again since there isn't my frequent flyer number in the receipt, he told me that it comes automatically because the number already is in the preorder confirmation
This happened to me as well. So annoying.

When I suggested she'd swipe the card anyway, she told me no, because I'd get double points. And guess where I wound up.

Last edited by lkrt; Jul 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
Originally Posted by lkrt
This happened to me as well. So annoying.

When I suggested she'd swipe the card anyway, she told me no, because I'd get the double points. And guess where I wound up.
"double points" LOL!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Same kind of happened to me as I bought something from Jeweller's in Jumbo Vantaa and this shop was in Finnair Plus system.
So I showed my AY Plus card for points and for the payment I gave my AY Plus Mastercard and lady said I can not pay with AY MC because then I get double points. What a BS!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Same kind of happened to me as I bought something from Jeweller's in Jumbo Vantaa and this shop was in Finnair Plus system.
So I showed my AY Plus card for points and for the payment I gave my AY Plus Mastercard and lady said I can not pay with AY MC because then I get double points. What a BS!
Hey now! Those points are super valuable

I wonder what goes through peoples minds

I only use AY partners when they have a promo but those have not been very common lately
Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
I said this lady, close Your eyes while I insert my credit card to the reader then You dont know which card I'm using.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Is this also an official benefit for non-AY oneworld Emeralds? Or does it rely on crew proactively offering it?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:24 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
AY has a great track record with their IT systems so no surprise they have managed another chapter with that path..
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Is this also an official benefit for non-AY oneworld Emeralds? Or does it rely on crew proactively offering it?
It is an official benefit, however it depends very much on the crew if they know it.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Indeed as lkrt said it is official but I have had tonon occassion tell the crew that. But everytime I have managed to get my drink but some work may be required. Many times I have been told NO its AY platinum only
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Proper recognition on AY51 last week in Y. Purser greeted personally, chatted for a while and brought champagne in a C glass before departure, free flow of Cliffhanger all the way, chocolate plates without asking, meal preference asked before dinner service, personal notification when we were set on a holding pattern upon arrival, etc. Mixed Finn/Asian crew.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: AY Plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Today on my AMS flights, no recognition. I had to ask if I get Coke free and showed my card. Nothing about newspapers, I didnt mind cause I had my own.

One Plat had to ask also for drink and newspaper.

Why this is so difficult ? New rules started on 1st April and they still dont know what to do.
Last week HKG in Y, no recognition whatsoever. No hello, no newspaper, not even a soft drink. Nothing. Mr. Nobody.

Back in J, good service.

This makes me feel they have a forget-the-Y policy. :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.