Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Priority Security at HEL.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
You wanna play, you gotta pay (yes, I'm talking to you, BA!) The fasttrack is open for pax of many airlines, not just AY. Interestingly TK is not listed, but at T1 I got through.
I am under the understanding that HEL fast track is open to ALL STAR GOLD members when flying ANY star alliance flight! Hence the star gold logo? Someone correct me if Im wrong
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I've never used the upper floor security (I rarely travel with bags, so during T2 rush hours or when I park at P3, I simply go through T1 security, which seems to be deserted most of the time) but I believe that after security, you need to descend a flight of stairs next to WDF and then ascend another flight mere steps away to reach the lounge. Would they be able to have people enter the lounge right after security, without the step march? Steps are good for your health, of course...
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
I do find it a tad strange as this does not take consideration into people with mobility issues.
Isn't there a special priority line for them on the right side for the regular security check anyway?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Suomi Perkele
Isn't there a special priority line for them on the right side for the regular security check anyway?
Yes. No stairs...
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:05 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
From Hilton to Lounge ?
Indeed!

Originally Posted by cistavoda
Maybe a maglev from Technopolis to Lounge.
Indeed, again!
Maglev line A will stop at Technopolis and continue on to Luftfartsvägen 9 (Forenom Hostel... for those times when Hilton is out of budget!)
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Priority Checkin now open at 201-something, where BA used to be so opposite end of the hall. Priority security as it has been before, no change yet.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
Interesting move! I hope this mean no queue for priority anymore. And yes, access straight to the upper level and to the Schengen lounge would be marvellous without having to zigzag through the people downstairs, like ffay005 suggested.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UpperDeck87K
Interesting move! I hope this mean no queue for priority anymore. And yes, access straight to the upper level and to the Schengen lounge would be marvellous without having to zigzag through the people downstairs, like ffay005 suggested.
I doubt WDFG will allow a shortcut. Or more like - I doubt Finnair will pay for one.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Priority security up and running. Escalators up and down, no complaints at all. Very convenient to prio checkin and multiple lanes available. Genuine improvement.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I guess this was a smart move from the airport's point of view as well as it must have been difficult to get the flow of "normal" passengers to go upstairs. Priority passengers are easier to get there and free a lane downstairs for "normal" passengers.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:50 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by lkrt
I guess this was a smart move from the airport's point of view as well as it must have been difficult to get the flow of "normal" passengers to go upstairs. Priority passengers are easier to get there and free a lane downstairs for "normal" passengers.
I've always wondered how empty the upstairs security is even at busiest times.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I've always wondered how empty the upstairs security is even at busiest times.
Exactly. I was at the airport last Saturday at rush hour and the whole check-in hall was an absolute zoo. Priority check-in queue was some 10 minutes long and the normal baggage drop queues humongous.

The main security lines were crowded as well, but the upstairs security, economy section, absolutely empty. Finavia people should guide people to use the upstairs facility as well.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by lkrt
Exactly this.

Despite all the clever wait statistics they never got people to go anywhere but main hall. And those who had cued in main hall was eager to skip the rope and go into priority line when they could.

All they need now to make the joy complete is to connect this security to the lounge directly!
(I just had the "joy" of using ARN terminal 5 prio security - sure there is a dedicated line but you first have to pass check-in desks 1-90 before reaching it, then you need to go through a taxfree maze that reaches half-way to F pier, only to do a 180 and walk all the way back to get to the SK-lounge.)
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
You wanna play, you gotta pay (yes, I'm talking to you, BA!) The fasttrack is open for pax of many airlines, not just AY. Interestingly TK is not listed, but at T1 I got through.
Turkish Airlines is listed on the board that lists airlines in both T1 and T2 even though Turkish Airlines flies out of T2.

I was let thru with my Avianca Brazil *Gold traveling in Y. The dragon manning the entrance asked for the card and I asked why, he said "to check if it's valid" I said Gold status is valid if printed black on white on my bp (O6*G). He then let me thru.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:34 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I've been asked to show my AY Silver once when flew in Y with AY. When digging out my wallet I mentioned I've never been asked before. I got a reply: "Now I ask." I showed my card and got in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.