Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Flight operated by "Air Berlin for Finnair"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Purjelentaja
Should you booking indicate that your Finnair flight is operated by "Air Berlin for Finnair", then you can expect the plane to painted in AB's colors and the interior is AB's as well. The planes are on long-term lease from Air Berlin, flying only for AY. The cockpit crew are German, but the FA's are AY's in AY uniform.

You can except the same Finnair service just like any AY intra-Europe flight, be in Business or Economy Class, so AY Business meals and the SkyBistro will be available.
Print Wikipost

Flight operated by "Air Berlin for Finnair"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Hartsa
I just made a seat reservation on one of these AB A32B flights in J.

It looks like they are using the AY 32B seat map, but the seats that are missing are blocked. In J the 1D and 1F were blocked since the first row in starboard side is missing in these birds.
Seats 1DEF are missing on AB seatmap (no seats installed) and everything backwards until row 22 is identical, including exit rows 9 and 10.

AB has similar exit rows (4+6 seats) on rows 22 and 23 where AY exit rows are on rows 23 and 24, (4+6).
Last row on AY 32B is 36 and AB has only 35 rows, but that's not interesting to this forum's clientele.

So you should be awake if looking for a rearmost exit seat or the first row.
1A(B)C and exit rows 9 and 10 are always safe in case of equipment swap.

Last edited by ff_flyer; Oct 12, 2016 at 12:09 pm
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:45 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I have an upcoming AY flight in J on AB 32B. Is there any difference in legroom between the two bulkhead rows and seats 1A/C and 2D/F?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Is Finnair supposed to keep one updated regarding the actual operator of a flight? My upcoming AY845 has changed between AY and AB without any notification from AY.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by duvin
Is Finnair supposed to keep one updated regarding the actual operator of a flight? My upcoming AY845 has changed between AY and AB without any notification from AY.
The flight is on an AB aircraft, yes, but with Finnair cabin crew and all service according to Finnair standards. I don't know the answer to your question but you shouldn't probably even realize it's not AY.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by lkrt
The flight is on an AB aircraft, yes, but with Finnair cabin crew and all service according to Finnair standards. I don't know the answer to your question but you shouldn't probably even realize it's not AY.
Well I would, as I would select the XL-seats if it was an AB aircraft. Actually my ticket does say op by AB, but now the AY site sais op by AY (and the morning flight would be op by AB). Can't they make up their mind?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:13 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The AB birds flying for AY has no XL seats, AFAIK?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by intuition
The AB birds flying for AY has no XL seats, AFAIK?
Yesterday CPH-HEL had what I understood as XL seats. Something about preferred seats and seemed to be lots of legroom.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OK, I stand corrected!
I guess one needs to know what AB bird it is, and then map that seatmap to AY's in order to get XL then for free.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:14 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by niksal
Yesterday CPH-HEL had what I understood as XL seats. Something about preferred seats and seemed to be lots of legroom.
Do you remember which row?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Do you remember which row?
I sat on row 5. I noticed also row 6 (and all rows in Business) had the same note on the headrest.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by niksal
Originally Posted by intuition
OK, I stand corrected!
I guess one needs to know what AB bird it is, and then map that seatmap to AY's in order to get XL then for free.
I flew AB op by AB a few weeks ago, 2F both ways (one row J), and had this "preferred seat" (rows 2–4 IIRC) but didn't notice much if any extra legroom – then again, I haven't experienced a non-preferred seat. Could depend on the bird. Or are exit row seats branded XL?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:40 pm
Moderator, Finnair

When AB op by AB, Exit rows are called XL, yes.

Sometimes other seats are too.

When AY op by AB, then no. I'm not even sure the correct seat map is shown in AY MMB.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:40 am
Moderator, Finnair

Apparently Finnair seatmaps have rebranded "extra legroom seat" to "XL"... I havent been on a AY flight for awhile but I noticed today exit rows were called XL on an AY op by AY
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:21 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Noticed my upcoming CPH-HEL is operated with AB 320, any info how row1 is with the bulkhead? I assume the J soft product is just as on AY from reading earlier posts in this thread.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Noticed my upcoming CPH-HEL is operated with AB 320, any info how row1 is with the bulkhead? I assume the J soft product is just as on AY from reading earlier posts in this thread.
It was fine and CC was friendly on TXL-HEL some time ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.