Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair User Experience sessions stuff [separated from Meeting with AY+ Loyalty]

Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: haa
=+=+=+=+=+= Members who announced interest in UX session +=+=+=+=+=+

skba1
OH-LGG
FFlash
Purjelentaja
ffay005
Cistavoda
Aviating
heatsink
theBro
intuition
lauriii
Jainzar
UpperDeck87K
NoWindowSeat
haa
Print Wikipost

Finnair User Experience sessions stuff [separated from Meeting with AY+ Loyalty]

Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
I'm starting to believe that they're not gonna invite us to a session, as we would just trash most of the enhancements. I need to talk to my friend at Reaktor and ask what the kuustoista is going on...

EDIT: Now I looked at the bookings page and it's amazing that it has a sorting function for the three. (Yes it's three for me as well, even though I have around 20 bookings there)

Last edited by cistavoda; Jul 5, 2016 at 8:30 am Reason: added stuffs
Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
And ask them to restart the points accrual calculator, thanx!

It has been working just fine lately but now staring at "Please wait..." progress bar again... It's amazing, that when you more or less desperately need a tool or service from AY site it just would not work! Optimizing the rest of my tracking period and found some decent prices but about to give up any time now.
Schijt!!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:19 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I'd be happy join too, if still room.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I'm starting to believe that they're not gonna invite us to a session, as we would just trash most of the enhancements. I need to talk to my friend at Reaktor and ask what the kuustoista is going on...
Well it's not like there's been anything else going on either. I'm still excitedly waiting for an A350 meeting
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:13 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I think there is considerable vacuum in AY loyalty dep. with Johanna moving up one notch. AFAIK no new manager have been appointed. Before that happens, nothing will happen.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Also gotta remember we are in the Nordics. That means from midsummer to mid August the whole of the five countries are on holiday...

The Finnair summer schedule is already screwing up my work in Helsinki as it is virtually impossible to do day trips from ARN.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:11 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by skba1
Also gotta remember we are in the Nordics. That means from midsummer to mid August the whole of the five countries are on holiday...
That's why this kind of change is all the more baffling. At my place of employment all IT changes (apart from security updates) are frozen from mid-June to mid-August. And this happened a few days ago.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:15 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Even if you set a freeze perid, there can always be some good old fashined "let's deploy these changes late friday afternoon, becasue I am so glad I managed to get it all done just before my 8 week vaccation"
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
For what it's worth, I complained loudly to AY Twitter account two days ago. No reply (apart from 'we'll look into it') yet.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker
For what it's worth, I complained loudly to AY Twitter account two days ago. No reply (apart from 'we'll look into it') yet.
Well, now I am seeing all my flights, great! But the buttons on the right with reservation numbers don't lead anywhere, not even blank page, not so great!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:38 am
Company Representative - Finnair

Programs: Finnair Plus
Hi ff_flyer,
Calculator is now up and running - apologizes for the inconvenience caused!
Yours,
FinnairPlusrep

Originally Posted by ff_flyer
And ask them to restart the points accrual calculator, thanx!
Old Jul 15, 2016, 10:55 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I did the web check-in last time and it was quite annoying. If you have a party of two or more in the same booking but their last names do not match you need to get every passenger with last name and PNR. And after you added them you should not forget to check them before you continue.

Why is it necessary on the web? I don't remember that I experienced that on the app.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I did the web check-in last time and it was quite annoying. If you have a party of two or more in the same booking but their last names do not match you need to get every passenger with last name and PNR. And after you added them you should not forget to check them before you continue.

Why is it necessary on the web? I don't remember that I experienced that on the app.
That sounds like a bug. I mostly travel with people whose surname isn't the same and they always show up after inserting our PNR and my surname.

One theory could be that if you're not the "main passenger" of the PNR whose the contact details are, it could be that the check-in didn't show the other passengers in the booking. Was this the case with your check-in?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by lkrt
That sounds like a bug. I mostly travel with people whose surname isn't the same and they always show up after inserting our PNR and my surname.

One theory could be that if you're not the "main passenger" of the PNR whose the contact details are, it could be that the check-in didn't show the other passengers in the booking. Was this the case with your check-in?
Well I should have been the main passenger, but I see it now also as a positive feature to be able to add any passenger even if he is not on the same PNR. Probably I will have to try that some when in the future.

Nevertheless what I noticed now is that if I want to see how I can earn points you find the Finnair Plus partners where you can spend points in the lowest part.

What is the sense?

If I want to see where I can earn points I do not want see where I can spend them.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
I needed to upgrade a booking for two people today. Here's a list of everything that managed to annoy and confuse us:

• If you try to upgrade both people at the same time, the website will only let you use one person's points. Due to this, we had to do it separately.
  • I am now on a different booking reference, whereas my friend was left on the original one (??). Customer support says that our bookings can't be merged anymore.
  • My upgrade took longer to show on one flight than the other, making me think that something had failed.
  • The website still won't let you use 4 EU upgrades for 1 long haul upgrade. This raises the number of things we had to do to three. Upgrade me both ways, upgrade him one way, upgrade him the other way via email.

Finally, the confirmation email says:

"HINTA
1260,60 EUR
(1050,60EUR
210 EUR
lahjakortista)
KOKONAISHINTA
1260,60 EUR"

This is however, incorrect, or at least highly misleading. The correct price is 1260,60 euros by credit card PLUS 210 euros from a voucher, for a total of 1470,60 euros.

Last edited by heatsink; Jul 25, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.