Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Meeting with AY+ Loyalty Team 18APR2016 @5pm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
List of participants in order of declaration. Event limited to 10 participants, list filled by members until post #98 in the original thread. Feel free to add yourself to the list as a reserve. Please strike (using [strike tag) your name if you cannot participate.

Guest list:

1. wkndtraveler
2. ffay005
3. OH-LGG
4. intuition
5. Unsub
6. SPBanker
7. lauriii
8. Purjelentaja
9. heatsink
10. Courmish
11. cistavoda
12. Aviating
13. FFlash (what a coincidence the number...)
14. skba1 (reading back through the thread I saw skba1 throwing his name in the ring, but didn't add it here /intuition)
15. WilcoRoger
============ Limit 15 ====

=+=+=+=+=+= Members who announced interest in UX session +=+=+=+=+=+

This list has moved to its new home, in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1761182-finnair-user-experience-sessions-stuff-spearated-meeting-ay-loyalty.html
Print Wikipost

Meeting with AY+ Loyalty Team 18APR2016 @5pm

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Definitely interested. I'd also like to talk about the possibility of some kind of API access for the booking engine (personal use only).
Let's put the whole booking engine code on github and be done with it
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Here's my scenario, where I'd be happy with a C+Y mixed ticket

HEL-HKG-TPE

HEL-HKG in C can be had for good prices (esp ex.EUR) but the short HKG-TPE hop on CX codeshare takes it into a whole different level. I can get that leg separately for 200€ or so in Y, but I'm not ready to pay 800-1000€ for the same in C.
eBookers was gladly selling AY I and CX Y on a single ticket for that route last year. Admittedly, I was not able to get it from Finnair.com - but that's because it cannot handle more than 2 stops.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:56 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
For clarity, would it be sensible to add a new list to the Wiki for those interested in taking part in the booking engine meeting?
I think we / AY need to separate out the discussion to a completely new thread. This is quickly turning into a jam.

Here's my scenario, where I'd be happy with a C+Y mixed ticket

HEL-HKG-TPE
While in theory yes, there are still some unmentioned issues even with that.

If AY was offering additional routes to TPE on a single ticket (say HEL-ICN-TPE and HEL-FUK-TPE, both on CX flights) and AY is offering a zone based pricing (which they are), is it reasonable to charge the same amount for the Y ticket via HKG as the C ticket via ICN? Because that is that is done to AKL.

Or (also very similar to HKG-AKL), if you sometime can book your HEL-HKG-TPE in J all the way for 3000€ but sometimes can only get Y included for the same 3000€ , are you still OK with being sold a Y ticket on the last segment occasionally?

I understand the logic why you would accept HKG-TPE in Y, as it is a short flight and you value all on one ticket. But I dislike the systematic overpricing of connecting flights in mixed classes.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Ah yes, that part - paying C for flying Y. Thanks, but no thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
HEL-HKG-TPE

HEL-HKG in C can be had for good prices (esp ex.EUR) but the short HKG-TPE hop on CX codeshare takes it into a whole different level. I can get that leg separately for 200€ or so in Y, but I'm not ready to pay 800-1000€ for the same in C.
I fly this regularly, TPE-HKG-TPE CX I fare is about 15k TWD = ~410 EUR.
If you still want to fly HKG-TPE-HKG in Y, pretty much any travel insurance would cover a replacement ticket if you miss connection due to incoming delay.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Today again I was about to book tickets, but due to the new booking machine, I had to turn to OTA, which finally proposes me an easier solution with SK, unfortunately ;

I dislike the new booking engine how it shows flight options, now it shows the timetables very rough without carrier codes (have to click further info), but highlights the prices wide big The previous layout was much better in the sense that I saw directly the times and carrier codes which is more important than seeing the (high ) prices in BIG FONT!

Again, I also agree with the suggestion to start a new thread on the booking engine. There seems to be vivid discussion on that nowadays. It would be good to split the posts pertaining to it as well.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
For clarity, would it be sensible to add a new list to the Wiki for those interested in taking part in the booking engine meeting? (However, the participant list of the 18APR meeting should IMO not be removed.)
I have done this now. Apologies is I missed anyone, just add yourself.

On a sidenote I'd like to know who it was among the original 15 that worked in UI / UX or similar. (I sadly can't match your face with a name). No special question, just checking.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
It's nice that we have a new list for the UI stuff, but I'm slightly worried that the A350 or service meetings will be announced some day I'm unable to check the forum. Those are the things I really had a lot to say about, and I'd be pretty sad if I didn't make it to them now that they were removed from last Monday's agenda.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
One part of my day job is related to UI/UX.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
It sounded like the UI development of the booking system is ongoing right now and that it would benefit from immediate feedback.

The changes to the A350 is a much longer term thing and seems based on the meeting be in a more discovery phase.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
By the way, a special note to the AY team, you have a new loyal guest joining the game:

When I came home from the AY meeting and gave the A350 gift model to our junior, guess what happened. I was astonished to see, when I entered his room later in the evening, he had cleaned his desk, left only few decorations on it, with the new A350 model at the window in a perfect spot, and even more curious part of the story: he had searched from somewhere his AY junior card, which I had enrolled some time ago and thought the card was lost, and he had placed it with the A350 there at the window. He hasn't even flown Finnair yet! And now he keeps asking me when do I take him on a Finnair round (he has flown other LCC's though).
Oh, I do have now a longhaul J booked with him after summer, what a way to spoil a young kid! Soon he will start posting here and ask daddy to keep shut
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
On a sidenote I'd like to know who it was among the original 15 that worked in UI / UX or similar. (I sadly can't match your face with a name). No special question, just checking.
I was the one doing UI / UX work. I would be certainly interested in joining the meeting related to this if I can make it work with my schedules.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by FFlash
By the way, a special note to the AY team, you have a new loyal guest joining the game:

When I came home from the AY meeting and gave the A350 gift model to our junior, guess what happened. I was astonished to see, when I entered his room later in the evening, he had cleaned his desk, left only few decorations on it, with the new A350 model at the window in a perfect spot, and even more curious part of the story: he had searched from somewhere his AY junior card, which I had enrolled some time ago and thought the card was lost, and he had placed it with the A350 there at the window. He hasn't even flown Finnair yet! And now he keeps asking me when do I take him on a Finnair round (he has flown other LCC's though).
Oh, I do have now a longhaul J booked with him after summer, what a way to spoil a young kid! Soon he will start posting here and ask daddy to keep shut
Well done!^
Old May 9, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Next meetings?

In the meeting on 18APR we agreed to continue in separate meetings on following themes:
- service and service concepts
- A350
- possibly also on Helsinki Airport from the point of view of frequent traveller, with Finavia/Helsinki Airport management

Later on a third/fourth meeting was taken up: on user experience of flight booking engine.

Any idea when these meetings will take place? Perhaps Finnair Company Rep can tell us more of this?
Old Apr 13, 2023, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
In the meeting on 18APR we agreed to continue in separate meetings on following themes:
- service and service concepts
- A350
- possibly also on Helsinki Airport from the point of view of frequent traveller, with Finavia/Helsinki Airport management

Later on a third/fourth meeting was taken up: on user experience of flight booking engine.

Any idea when these meetings will take place? Perhaps Finnair Company Rep can tell us more of this?
Did these next meetings ever happen?

I think these sort of meetings would be interesting in this day and age as well (sorry for bumping an old thread!)
FFlash, Steve_Hun and kauppias like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.