Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Compensation for broken entertainment system?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners

On AY6, the entertainment system was down in the whole plane for the whole flight. I know other airlines give some form of compensation (points, discount voucher) in these situation. What is Finnair's policy? Would they be proactive and offer something or would I have to send a complaint? I had a paid business ticket (I-class) if that is relevant.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:21 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
No policy, handled case by case. You need to file a formal complaint. You might get nothing.

On only one occasion I have had AY being proactive - During one of the strikes, there was no meal served in shorthaul business class. The purser used their "emergency box" of vouchers carried onboard to cover incidents, and issued me 20€ compensation. I'm pretty sure it was an individual initiative and not sanctioned policy. On the next flight (also without food) nothing was offered.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:49 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
No policy, handled case by case. You need to file a formal complaint. You might get nothing.

On only one occasion I have had AY being proactive - During one of the strikes, there was no meal served in shorthaul business class. The purser used their "emergency box" of vouchers carried onboard to cover incidents, and issued me 20€ compensation. I'm pretty sure it was an individual initiative and not sanctioned policy. On the next flight (also without food) nothing was offered.
When the last catering strike was on, I also received that €20 voucher. I have received similar vouchers (single or multiples of €20) as replies to different complaints over the years.

OTOH, I once received a movie ticket for leaving positive (and well-earned) feedback.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, OWE
Originally Posted by niksal
On AY6, the entertainment system was down in the whole plane for the whole flight. I know other airlines give some form of compensation (points, discount voucher) in these situation. What is Finnair's policy? Would they be proactive and offer something or would I have to send a complaint? I had a paid business ticket (I-class) if that is relevant.
I'm currently on today's AY006 (8.2.16) and they announced before boarding that the entertainment system is out of order.

We are currently waiting for a another plane to move from behind us, still at the gate...
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I wrote Finnair about this. I made no demands, I only asked whether they have a policy. I was offered 10k points of 100€ voucher. I took the latter, seemed very fair!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: AY Plat
How about the 321 which have no entertainment system at all? Used to have the tablets but no nothing even though fixed IFE was promised by the end of 2014. Still not even a single screen in the ceiling. And no e.g. email informing about this so that the passenger would have an option to bring his/her own tablet with own entertainent.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Benzin
How about the 321 which have no entertainment system at all? Used to have the tablets but no nothing even though fixed IFE was promised by the end of 2014. Still not even a single screen in the ceiling. And no e.g. email informing about this so that the passenger would have an option to bring his/her own tablet with own entertainent.
Well, the A32S entertainment system isn't very entertaining anyway, so I'd find it odd to announce about the lack of it with an e-mail. I don't think anyone's relying to find their entertainment on those stupid Charlie Chaplin short films or "Just for Laughs" gags they show on A32S flights.

I agree that the 32B should have the entertainment system installed, but I can't really compare it to the case of a malfunctioning IFE onboard a widebody on a long-haul flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.