Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Does Finnair ever pick up the phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE

Hi all, I tried to call Finnair plus because of on issue with my upgrade (reservation only showing 1 pc of baggage) and waited in line for over half an hour without anyone answering the phone. Is this normal with Finnair? I also tried to call a "Business hotline" number which I had stored on my phone, but apparently that service has been discontinued? Thankful for any constructive help or comments!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:46 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by tsastor
Hi all, I tried to call Finnair plus because of on issue with my upgrade (reservation only showing 1 pc of baggage) and waited in line for over half an hour without anyone answering the phone. Is this normal with Finnair? I also tried to call a "Business hotline" number which I had stored on my phone, but apparently that service has been discontinued? Thankful for any constructive help or comments!
Normaly AY responds fast, but don t worry, that s normal the booking still shows 1 piece - once you print out your boarding pass it shows the real limit (depending on your status).
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Normaly AY responds fast, but don t worry, that s normal the booking still shows 1 piece - once you print out your boarding pass it shows the real limit (depending on your status).
Thanks Ed! I haven't had status with Finnair for some years now, but I assume my limit is three pieces based on upgrade to business alone?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:36 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Thanks Ed! I haven't had status with Finnair for some years now, but I assume my limit is three pieces based on upgrade to business alone?
On short-haul, yes.

And usually AY+ is pretty fast in answering phones.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
My questions are usually answered within a work day on Facebook. No need to bother about calling AY.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
Twitter is also good option contacting Finnair if the queue time on phone get's too long
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:02 am

I am old fashioned and use e-mail when communicating with AY over the Internet. I also suspect that platinums get a lot faster response on the phone than people without status.

BTW I seem to have no info on luggage for upgraded business on AY's web page, but their mobile app shows correct amount (4 for me).
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by theBro
I am old fashioned and use e-mail when communicating with AY over the Internet. I also suspect that platinums get a lot faster response on the phone than people without status
I always call the regular local number, they pick up the phone fast - without knowing about status.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
I use facebook, their FB team is pretty good and can deal with most issues anyway.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SPBanker
On short-haul, yes.

And usually AY+ is pretty fast in answering phones.
I am actually flying long haul (Asia). Is that different?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I am actually flying long haul (Asia). Is that different?
http://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/informa...hecked-baggage
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:04 am
Original Poster

I guess my concern was that does it matter that I used points to upgrade.

So I get to enjoy all business class benefits with an upgraded ticket (except the extra points)?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I guess my concern was that does it matter that I used points to upgrade.

So I get to enjoy all business class benefits with an upgraded ticket (except the extra points)?
You don't get the points, and you might get downgraded on irrops.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:36 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Finnair just recently re-arranged their phone service. New tier numbers are displayed in the app.
I waited over 30 minutes the other day.
I assume they have decided to "treat their top tier members exclusively", ie they have connected the new gold number to the plat line, and reduced numbers of staff.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
I can't see any changes in phone numbers. I have both plat and gold stored on my phone and the numbers are exactly the same I can find from the app or ay site.
App updated last time on 28.1. and the change log says: In this version there are fixes to the customer care phone number for some tier members.

Gold: +358 9 8183 1880
Plat: +358 9 8183 1888

Correct?

So was there only wrong numbers in the app or is there really some new numbers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.