Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 Lounge options - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: AY+, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jouhka
I read from ausbt.co.au that CX lounge will open now in September. Note also Qantas will open a flagship lounge in T3 in March 2017 ^
Thanks!

Have to hope there's no further delays because I have a flight in September and would love to try it.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:19 am
Suspended

Random question: Is the "dining area" in BA's GF lounge in T3 open to all passengers, and is that where you order the a la carte food? I'm fairly sure it is, though I've never bothered to try it, but I have a few Y class flights out of London coming up and figured that it might be better than my usual "sandwiches from Pret, drinks from the lounge" strategy.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The dining area in LHR T3 BA GF is for all GF-elible passengers, that is First class and Emerald.

The menu is nothing to write home about though, or if it is, it's not in a good way.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Courmisch
The dining area in LHR T3 BA GF is for all GF-elible passengers, that is First class and Emerald.

The menu is nothing to write home about though, or if it is, it's not in a good way.
This is mostly true, though I should elaborate, that the dining area is for First passengers only from 18:30 onwards, though they seem to ask people to leave around 17:30. This would exclude you from using it only if you are travelling on AY996.

This is a result of BA moving some key routes to T3 and wish to offer the slightly more comprehensive T5 CCR menu to F pax, on the CPT service in particular.

The rest of the day it is open though, yes.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
This is mostly true, though I should elaborate, that the dining area is for First passengers only from 18:30 onwards, though they seem to ask people to leave around 17:30. This would exclude you from using it only if you are travelling on AY996. This is a result of BA moving some key routes to T3 and wish to offer the slightly more comprehensive T5 CCR menu to F pax, on the CPT service in particular. The rest of the day it is open though, yes.
Would a passenger not traveling in BA First still have access to the buffet food, or is that also removed in the evening hours?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:18 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
This is mostly true, though I should elaborate, that the dining area is for First passengers only from 18:30 onwards, though they seem to ask people to leave around 17:30. This would exclude you from using it only if you are travelling on AY996.

This is a result of BA moving some key routes to T3 and wish to offer the slightly more comprehensive T5 CCR menu to F pax, on the CPT service in particular.

The rest of the day it is open though, yes.
Is this something new? I was allowed to enter to the dining area and stay there until I left the lounge when I last time flew AY996 and that was April. I didn't eat anything, though (the menu was so unappealing). And now someone might think what did I do in the dining area if I didn't eat. Well, I had some drinks.

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Aug 18, 2016 at 10:29 am Reason: Added important facts
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Last time I was there I was told you can order the same food into any place you choose in the lounge. I was invited to enter the restaurant at around 5 pm. Flew BA Y class.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
It is recent, yes.

I've not experienced how it is managed as I only fly AY out of T3, and always with a connection in HEL so never on the AY996. I am reporting based on my understanding of it from reading the relevant thread in the BAEC forum.

The buffet remains open, and the lounge order menu AFAIK still remains served. So the only thing off limits to non-F pax starting 18:30 is the dining area itself, which is fairly small anyway, as well as the extended menu. So not a great loss, really.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I vote for A350 LHR CX F DO
(uhhuh, what a horrible shorts for spelling out that...leaving some space for "imagination ")
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by FFlash
I vote for A350 LHR CX F DO
Second ^
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Hijacking the T3 thread with a lounge option question for LHR Terminal 5 (felt really unnecessary to start a new thread)

Are there currently any lounge options with showers in Terminal 5? With some google-fu I've found that Galleries Club NORTH has shower and that would be my only option?
(Galleries first has no showers, and as a lowly emerald flying BA will not have access to Elemis spa and CX first is still under renovations)

Last edited by intuition; Aug 27, 2016 at 4:35 am
Old Aug 27, 2016, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Hijacking the T3 thread with a lounge option question for LHR Terminal 5 (felt really unnecessary to start a new thread)

Are there currently any lounge options with showers in Terminal 5? With some google-fu I've found that Galleries Club NORTH has shower and that would be my only option?
(Galleries first has no showers, and as a lowly emerald flying BA will not have access to Elemis spa and CX first is still under renovations)
Galleries Club in T5B has showers too.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by intuition
Are you sure about this?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:48 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
BA long haul ticket, either departing or arriving, and any Emerald card should enable the access to T5 showers next to CCR entrance (and nearby the GF entrance). And the same in T3 showers between the entrances to GF and GC.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Are you sure about this?
No, I am not, but my googling gave me this: ba.com says specifically only ba gold and not oneworld emeralds has access to elemis.
The BA thread on FT says that Emeralds has Elemis access only if they are flying BA in club or above. However I cannot find any official text to support this claim.

It was my understanding that galleries first has no showers, they are located in Elemis spa. Maybe that is what I've misunderstood and these are two separate entities. I just don't want to have a fight with the lovely ba staff so my plan was to head for a lounge where showers clearly are included in the lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.