Stockmann thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Stockmann thread

Stockmann is a grand premium store chain in Finland and therefore best fits in AY forum. The intention here is to funciton as a collective thread, despite some earlier "Crazy days" threads (click here for examples) in cooperation with AY.

For those interested but not familiar with stockmann, please visit their webpages at www.stockmann.com but unfortunately they don't have english pages, only Finnish and Swedish.

In nutshell, some benefits for frequent fliers & lodgers are:

-20% off at Scandic hotels during weekends
-50% off Suites at Hilton in Helsinki (!!!)

-discounts with Avis car hire
-special offers with Viking Line cruise ships

- 1 AY point earned per 1€ spent on Stockmann (requires requistration)

-other benefits related to grocery etc.
-upped benefits for Exclusive and First -Stockmann elite members

Last edited by FFlash; Dec 30, 2015 at 8:33 am
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:15 am
Original Poster

For the sake of its own thread, I did not find earlier "master" thread for Stockmann, only the "Crazy days" campaigns, so I thought it best to have a collective thread to discuss tips and offers about Stockmann.
After all they have started cooperation with Finnair (1 point per euro) and increasingly seem to go partnership marketing. Before Xmas they even seemed to offer double points.

The specific benefit that kicked me to begin this thread was the fact that I did not know they offered 50% off Suites at Hilton in Helsinki. That sounds really good to avail of, if booking a more luxury stay/event. I went to check some dummy dates and found you can find 400-500€ rack price, so 200-250€ is not too bad. Helsinki airport does not seem to have suites, but who cares so it is Kalastajatorppa and Strand that applies. Has anyone tried that benefit and any experience to share how was it worth the offer?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
For the sake of its own thread, I did not find earlier "master" thread for Stockmann, only the "Crazy days" campaigns, so I thought it best to have a collective thread to discuss tips and offers about Stockmann.
After all they have started cooperation with Finnair (1 point per euro) and increasingly seem to go partnership marketing. Before Xmas they even seemed to offer double points.

The specific benefit that kicked me to begin this thread was the fact that I did not know they offered 50% off Suites at Hilton in Helsinki. That sounds really good to avail of, if booking a more luxury stay/event. I went to check some dummy dates and found you can find 400-500 rack price, so 200-250 is not too bad. Helsinki airport does not seem to have suites, but who cares so it is Kalastajatorppa and Strand that applies. Has anyone tried that benefit and any experience to share how was it worth the offer?

Wow that is nice. Is that for all suites? Is it only for stockmann exlusive and above or to all?

Strand is nice with a very nice lounge offering and pool...

I wonder if stays using this qualify for the hhonors points and stay credit
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kauppias
Wow that is nice. Is that for all suites? Is it only for stockmann exlusive and above or to all?

Strand is nice with a very nice lounge offering and pool...

I wonder if stays using this qualify for the hhonors points and stay credit
I understood it is for all Stockmann member levels. I reckon it is maybe not "junior suites", just a predetermined suite if you read wording below.

I don't know if a suite room automatically allows for exec lounge for example, but I would guess it does. And if you have HH Diamond card, I would dare to guess too that swifting it at check-in may give some extras even if the stay was booked with Stockmann code.

Hilton-hotellit

Pysyvt edut vuonna 2015

Sviittien listahinnoista 50 %

Hilton Hotels & Resorts on kansainvlinen tyden palvelun hotelliketju, jonka hotelleja lytyy kymmenist maista kuudelta mantereelta.

Stockmannin kanta-asiakkaana saat Helsingin Hilton-hotellien sviittien listahinnoista 50 %:n alennuksen. Hintaan sisltyy majoitus valitussa sviitiss, yksi lisvuode lapselle, saunaosaston ja kuntosalin kyttoikeus sek runsas aamiainen.

Etu on voimassa 31.12.2015 asti joka piv varaustilanteen mukaan Helsingin Hilton-hotelleissa. Varaukset suoraan hotelleista koodilla AASTOX.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:41 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Etu on voimassa 31.12.2015 asti joka piv varaustilanteen mukaan Helsingin Hilton-hotelleissa. Varaukset suoraan hotelleista koodilla AASTOX.
[/I]
I didn't know about this. Hope it is renewed for 2016.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SPBanker
Hope it is renewed for 2016.
My thought exactly.
I called Strand to ask (Kalastajatorppa was closed) about this and they told me that there has been some reservations with that offer, but the benny seems not very well known. They told me also that the benefit would be discontinued next year but they seemed a bit uncertain on that. let's send some feedback to Stockmann then to push continue

EDIT: and they said it applied on ALL suites
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:23 am
Original Poster

How is the First lounge at Stockmann by the way? Anything for the next "Helsinki-meetup"? (not seriously speaking)
It is certainly THE ONLY First lounge in Helsinki though, isn't it?!
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Pysyvt edut vuonna 2015

Stockmannin kanta-asiakkaana saat Helsingin Hilton-hotellien sviittien listahinnoista 50 %:n alennuksen.
Playing the devil's advocate - is list price the same as rack-rate? Because then it's not that great a deal. Also would be interesting to know if it's a cancellable rate or prepaid. Details, details
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:13 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
My thought exactly.
I called Strand to ask (Kalastajatorppa was closed) about this and they told me that there has been some reservations with that offer, but the benny seems not very well known. They told me also that the benefit would be discontinued next year but they seemed a bit uncertain on that. let's send some feedback to Stockmann then to push continue

EDIT: and they said it applied on ALL suites
Re: AY+ meeting. Strand looks very nice after renovation. How many with some HH level?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Re: AY+ meeting. Strand looks very nice after renovation. How many with some HH level?
I have a feeling ALOT of newly minted HH Diamonds here

They have a nice bar for the exec club plus nice pool area. I havent been since they dis reno though
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
How is the First lounge at Stockmann by the way? Anything for the next "Helsinki-meetup"? (not seriously speaking)
It is certainly THE ONLY First lounge in Helsinki though, isn't it?!
Excellent for having a cup of coffee when in the city with spare time. Otherwise it's completely useless.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Now Stockmann lowered the tier levels:
Exclusive 2500, previously 4000
First 5000, previous 8000

Not bad if they keep the benefits ( the future of stockmann has been quite under rumors so who knows...)

Btw the App is convenient to check your tier balance but the App tier meter is still reflecting the old status level.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Their tier benefits are weak (unless First) and their programme is a mess. I was downgraded the same week AY Stockmann was launched and, while I live at a very walkable distance, rarely go back. Why? Because without (apparently!) the app, you have no idea where you stand in terms of re-qualifying!
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Has anyone received AY points for Stockmann shopping recently? I thought that campaign was over long ago, but last week I saw it advertised at Stockmann's tills and the lady said, that yes, it's still going on.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
One thing that has remained unclear to me ever since the AY-Stockmann cooperation began: apparently it should be possible to pay with AY points when shopping at the department stores but I haven't seen any instructions on how to do that nor what would be the AY Plus point - spent conversion rate. Not that I would use this payment method anyway - but still information I've tried to look for, out of curiosity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.