Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stockmann thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Am I the only one who has encountered delay in posting Finnair points earned by shopping at Stockmann? T&C states that points are added within 10 working days. However, I've needed to wait for my points to be posted for three or four weeks lately. I do grocery shopping at Stockmann weekly.
Not just you, takes 3-4 weeks for me as well. But it always posts, and apparently always in separate transactions for each purchase.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:18 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Okay, thanks for reporting back. Earlier the points were posted quickly, within a week or so. It's not very convenient now when it takes closer a month. (Have to always check DC invoice because at least I tend to forget what did I buy to my fridge a month ago.)
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
This is the second time this year, when points are not posting as they "should". There was a time period this Spring/early Summer, too, when it took weeks and felt a bit random.

As I do try to concentrate most of my shopping to Stockmann (especially grocery), I spend money there 3-4 times a week. But honestly, I never know if all my points from them are correctly posted or not. As they do it (normally) on a weekly bases, I would need to know, when the "week" for calculation starts, and if you actually get points after all purchases.

Learned it the "hard way", that purchasing services (as in e.g. movie tickets) does not earn AY+ points.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Learned it the "hard way", that purchasing services (as in e.g. movie tickets) does not earn AY+ points.
It would be very lucrative for me if topping up a HSL card would result in points...
Old Nov 28, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
I get a fairly reliable 4-5 AY+ points a month buying that terribly addictive kiviarinaoliivileipä, but until they get a more reasonable range of produce in their smaller stores, I can't concentrate my purchases there
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
It would be very lucrative for me if topping up a HSL card would result in points...
Getting AY+ points for topping up travel card would be awesome!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Getting AY+ points for topping up travel card would be awesome!
What's the maximum balance on it? Max topup is EUR 400 :/
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by duvin
What's the maximum balance on it? Max topup is EUR 400 :/
Personally was more thinking about the "double dip" (credit card + Stockmann) option, not necessarily the "huge" amount of points to be earned
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:00 am

FFlash has plenty of flashy metal cards, like Kela-kortti and K-Plussa. I happen to have HSL Platinum.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
FFlash has plenty of flashy metal cards, like Kela-kortti and K-Plussa. I happen to have HSL Platinum.
Lifetime Lähiseutu 3?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Top up the HSL card with DC Platinum. Problem solved and points are accrued as plop-plop....
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: AY Silver, BA Silver, FI Saga hopeful
For us the Stocmann card definately makes sense and I'd say the parking benefit for Exc/Plat is a major draw. We come downtown maybe once or twice a week so it amounts to actual money. Especially now that you can't park EVs outside the gates for free.
Free warm parking AND charging at the same time is nothing to scoff at. I'd say that benefit alone is worth about 300-400e annually to us.
It also makes sense to Stockmann because we would be unlikely to shop there otherwise. Now they get our custom by default, since the prices downtown for whatever we usually buy (ie. not groceries) are pretty much the same everywhere.
-
DJ
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:43 pm

And again... I have spent a couple hundred € in Stockmann during the last couple of weeks, but no points have posted since 22. November.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:13 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Same here. I have missing points even from the beginning of November. I have contacted Stockmann about this. They said this is due to unknown reason. Both Stockmann and Finnair are investigating the issue.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Not a big deal for me that neither mine few Stockmann points seem to post correctly, but I see my wife's account points increase while she is not flying. Looking closer into her account, I see lots of Stokka points pouring in!
Conclusion: points discrimination!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.