Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I found Platinum is useful for the (unofficial) soft landing, due to my irregular year-on-year mileage...
When's the last time someone confirmed that this is still working?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
BA - IIRC GGL can gift Silver/Gold (?)
This is now at 5000 BAEC Tier Points: 2 x Silver (OWS) + 1 x Gold (OWE) partner cards. 5000 TPs is about 3.33 x OWE qualification
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
That would certainly make Plat much more valuable! Plat could gift a Silver, at 250 or 300k a Gold or whatever.
SK - EBG gets 1 EBS to gift, EBD gets 1 EBG to gift
AZ - Alata Plus can gift Alata
BA - IIRC GGL can gift Silver/Gold (?)
etc, etc
Actually AY could quite easily make the Plat level more interesting, i.a.

Platinum = gets AY Silver for spouse/partner or (why not?) friend.
Platinum + 100.000 points = gets AY Gold for spouse/partner or friend.

In many cases the spouses of AY Plats already have a status level, so that IMHO it would make sense to be able to give away the other card to someone else, including sons, daughters, friends.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Arrived from a complicated oneworld longhaul package to OSL yesterday on a delayed incoming with an extremely tight connection on AY658. Imagine my surprise when people are waiting at the gate some 10 mins before takeoff, with no personnel or any updates on the screen. At 20:20 (when it was supposed to take off), something happened and people started swarming out of the gate area. A fellow pax said the flight had been delayed by 1.5 hours.

Due to the tight connection I'd speculatively bought a backup ticket on the Salmon Airliner. At least one pax bought and several more tried to buy a oneway at the gate, not wanting to spend any more time at that horrific lounge of theirs.

ps. SAS ticket dragon, being her usual friendly self, basically told us to f off.

Last edited by remymartin; Feb 9, 2016 at 10:32 am
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Hoho, the salmon airlines.. I always thought they were flying genitals.

But what was AY part in this?!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
good one!!

But I think still even more correct would be Sill AirlineS
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:42 am

Edited to reflect AY
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
S6 (Salmon Air) does not operate at OSL though
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:08 pm

Come on, Salmon! As in the colour, not the evilest one
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Last night, J in AY21 HEL-DEL, the crew failed to wake me up for breakfast, though I did request it on the breakfast sheet! Huge disappointment considering I had a connection to a domestic flight.. After comforting about it, they did wrap me a dry cheese sandwich and an orange juice which I had to engulf in like 5min before landing.

Also the first J flight since I've been plat where no tier recognition - I've always had the purser introduce him/herself personally and giving a small chit-chat.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Unsub
Also the first J flight since I've been plat where no tier recognition - I've always had the purser introduce him/herself personally and giving a small chit-chat.
Isn't no tier recognition the norm in J? At least I have only received extra recognition on A350 when traveling in the front cabin. In the back it has been a lot more common have a quick chat and receive better head phones on long hauls.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by theBro
Isn't no tier recognition the norm in J? ...
I would definitely say so.

Over the last 7 years I think I have been approached in the longhaul J cabin a few times (less than 5) with anything that could be interpreted as an attempt to recognize my tier status.

(I am following this thread with excitement, since people seem to report a change in policy.)
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:40 pm
Moderator, Finnair

I'd like to nominate the delays during december and january to the "This is no way"-thread. Finnair usually touts their excellent on-time stats, knowing they will be saved by their short haul operations. With several easy destinations has 4 daily (which has 90-100% on time stats) it doesn't matter if AY69 is late once a week. The overall stats will still be excellent.

But now the disease has spread. Here are some stats for select longhaul operations:
Code:
Ori. Dest. Ontime percentage
HEL KIX      29%
HEL HKG      47%
HEL JFK      48%
HEL PEK      51%
HEL DEL      54%
HEL CKG      58%
HEL PVG      66%
Wow, so you manage to get on time to KIX 29% of the flights. And almost every other flight is delayed when it comes to HKG, JFK, PEK, DEL, CKG and PVG. World class.

Source of stat is the same AY uses in their press release when they want to brag, ie flightstats.com
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by theBro
Isn't no tier recognition the norm in J?
CX is very consistent in recognizing AY-tier even in J
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:53 pm

CX is very consistent in recognizing AY-tier even in J
Well, CX goes to the extreme even on Y. 3 different persons coming to introduce themselves. Started to be quite bothersome for a Finn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.