J Class HEL-SIN?

Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
J Class HEL-SIN?

Hello All,

I'm normally an AA guy so please pardon my ignorance!! I've done searching (both here and around the web) but I can't find anything so I'll ask you...

I am flying to SIN in early April 2016 in J and am curious which seats I will get.... I can't get the Finnair website to show me the seat map for my flight but SeatGuru show the seat map as being the old 2x2x2 layout. Will flights 81 and 82 in early April be the new or the old business class?? The Equipment type says A330-300....

Thanks in advance!!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The Seatguru seat maps are old and don't reflect the current situation.

All A333's have the "new business class", so 1-2-1 with the Vantage seats.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lkrt
The Seatguru seat maps are old and don't reflect the current situation.

All A333's have the "new business class", so 1-2-1 with the Vantage seats.
That's great news! Thank you for your help!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:08 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I guess you have already gotten the answer you needed, I was just wondering a bit about this part.
Originally Posted by FlyingLaw
... I can't get the Finnair website to show me the seat map for my flight ...
Do you get an error, or is it just that you couldn't find it? If you do a booking, in step 5 you should be able to click the link "choose seats" and see a schematic seat map. If it is an alternating 5/4 abreast seating (2-2-1 alternating 1-2-1), then it is newer generation Vantage. If 6 abreast in a 2-2-2 then it is older seats.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
I guess you have already gotten the answer you needed, I was just wondering a bit about this part.

Do you get an error, or is it just that you couldn't find it? If you do a booking, in step 5 you should be able to click the link "choose seats" and see a schematic seat map. If it is an alternating 5/4 abreast seating (2-2-1 alternating 1-2-1), then it is newer generation Vantage. If 6 abreast in a 2-2-2 then it is older seats.
I was going through google flights (which doesn't show seat maps). Since I wasn't booking the flights on the Finnair website I couldn't get to that point (to view the map) without completing the booking. I didn't know I had to go that far and I thought I could view the seat map by clicking on the flight number in "Step 2" (like I can do on AA.com). It was my error/not booking through the Finnair website.

FWIW... I ended up just going through a travel agent and she was able to verify that it was the new configuration. I was able to grab 4A on both flights!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
6 abreast in a 2-2-2 then it is older seats.
Which A333 has 6 abreast 2+2+2 ?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I just discovered the seat maps on the Finnair website (I don't know why didn't find that before) and ALL the A333's have thhe new J cabin. Only the A340s have the old. And I think only a few of those do.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:33 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
None - I'm just trying to be pedagogical. If you say "All A333 are full flat" then people will soon start wondering about the A340. Then better to look at the seat map.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingLaw
I just discovered the seat maps on the Finnair website (I don't know why didn't find that before) and ALL the A333's have thhe new J cabin. Only the A340s have the old. And I think only a few of those do.
From the AY website it suggests only 1x 340 has the old seats.

Does this operate any specific routes? Are all the flights to SE Asia guaranteed a flat bed? AY showing me some very good fares for LON-HKG without a Sat night stay in the new year...
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
From the AY website it suggests only 1x 340 has the old seats.

Does this operate any specific routes? Are all the flights to SE Asia guaranteed a flat bed?

The odds are not big, but it's not impossible to end up on that plane. Especially due to irrops, almost any plane could fly almost any route.

AY showing me some very good fares for LON-HKG without a Sat night stay in the new year...
It might be a good idea to be cautious about the outbound HKG flight. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25691018-post17.html and read posts 17–22.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffay005
It might be a good idea to be cautious about the outbound HKG flight. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25691018-post17.html and read posts 17–22.
Thanks for pointing that out.

To be honest, I could manage an 8hr delay on the outbound. I guess the annoying thing is that they don't tell you in advance as there would be a bunch of re-routing options from London at 6pm - but nothing from HEL at midnight!
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:02 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
I guess the annoying thing is that they don't tell you in advance as there would be a bunch of re-routing options from London at 6pm - but nothing from HEL at midnight!
You can see the version looking at the seat map in MMB, and at OLCI and if you note a change, you can perhaps react early enough. I think they very seldom do last minute changes.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
You can see the version looking at the seat map in MMB, and at OLCI and if you note a change, you can perhaps react early enough. I think they very seldom do last minute changes.
I was talking about the propensity to cancel the HKG flight at short notice, rather than change the equipment.

Curiously I see that it's cheaper to route via SIN as well but you have to spend 24hrs there (or cheaper still with 12hrs in BKK!)

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Nov 20, 2015 at 7:04 am
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
I suggest you double check as it gets closer to flight date to make sure it stays as A333 instead of A343 which AY normally use for HEL-SIN.

I bought my ticket back in June and at that time, AY website said A333 for my SIN-HEL flight next week (and I duly picked 4L as I don't like the throne seat). About a month ago I checked and it switched to A343.

I'm guessing it is due to delay in A359 delivery - A333 for SIN-HEL is supposed to come from routes that are supposed to switch from A333 to A359 by now.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
I am brand new AY Platinum, so these "Emerald things" are still new for me.

At SIN there is a BA lounge, which is described on the official OW site as follows: "The newly refurbished lounge, featuring the inaugural Concorde Bar, a private area exclusive to British Airways First Class customers, opened on 29th August 2015. The lounge has been created with a modern British design and style and showcases artwork from both British and Singaporean artists. The main lounge offers customers an upgraded space in which to either work, dine or relax. In the exclusive Concorde Bar, customers will enjoy digital panoramic views of the Singapore skyline reflecting the time of day outside, similar to a revolving restaurant. Eligible customers will be provided with a passcode to access the area."

Any idea if also OW Emeralds have access to this Concorde Bar? If not, is the Qantas lounge the best one at SIN?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.