Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early baggage drop off time at HEL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:11 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Early baggage drop off time at HEL

Is there a time limit for the "day-before" baggage drop at HEL?

Searching the AY web, I find the information that you are allowed to do day-before check-in at the airport between 18:00 and 21:30. It doesn't say it explicitly, but to me that indicates that they want day-before bags to be dropped in this time frame.

But if you have done OLCI, is it possible to drop off bags at other hours? Either at manned desk or at the machines.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Answering my own question:
I had no issues at 15:00 getting the manned platinum/emerald priority checkin desk to accept bags for my next morning flight.

I believe the time frame (18-2130) might be set to fit a lesser busy time at check-in desk. It isn't a limitation of the airport handling at least, because then they would have refused the bags.

The bags arrived last on the belt in CPH the next morning, but that was a small price to pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.