Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Different movies on different long haul flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP

Is it common practice for AY to upload different movies for different long haul flights? I was on A333 from JFK this morning and didnt finish watching mission impossible. Currently on A333 to BKK and i cannot find that movie from the list.

I recall airlines used to upload different movies for inbound and outbound but i thought that practice went away?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Probably they update the selection every once in a while and one of the planes you flew with didn't have the updated selection there.

There's not supposed to be any differencies in the entertainment selection between planes (given that both were A333), whatsoever.

And wait a minute, do you have wi-fi there?

Last edited by lkrt; Nov 12, 2015 at 7:55 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
If anything they don't change the selection often enough...

I had a HEL-JFK-HEL flight early October and the movie selection was essentially the same as on my HEL-PVG-HEL flights that I just had.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Rivarix
Is it common practice for AY to upload different movies for different long haul flights? ...
IME no.
For example, you will find Korean movies without subtitles on all flights, regardless of destination. I take it means they have one single movie package they upload to all flights.

Some planes have limited IFE system so they might have loaded fewer movies on some birds, but like said above, strange for that to happen between two A330.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by lkrt
And wait a minute, do you have wi-fi there?
No. There was a short delay so I started to browse IFE while we were still on the ground. I started this thread while we were taxiing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.