Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

How do I find preorder meal menu for my flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I am confused how I should out preorder meal menu for my upcoming flight. I did call Finnair Thailand, but it wasn't very helpful. All they told me was just check their website.

When I try to preorder meal, all I see is just option 1~3 but I see no description for each of it. Can you help me find out what food you are getting with these options?

My flights are
AY0090 BKK > HEL Oct 11
AY0089 HEL > BKK Oct 27

Thank you
Old Aug 22, 2015, 12:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
In the selector, they are always just presented as option1/2/3. There is supposed to be a link to the full menus *) that shows each option, but they change menus now and then and it might be that October menu still isn't decided. I think you should wait a bit more. Pre select meal is possible to do up until 24h before take off, so there is no rush.

*) There might be a link to menus, but only showing the SPMLs. There will appear another link in the very vicinity to this one when the menu is published
Old Aug 22, 2015, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Oh, I an too early then Airlines I frequently use hardly change their pre-order menu, so I thought most airlines were like that.

Thanks for the info^
Old Aug 22, 2015, 10:52 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The pre-order option 1/2/3 is actually just to reserve one of the options that will be offered from the ordinary menu to all on that flight.
There is a separate pre-order menu, with options that are not offered onboard, but only on flights leaving HEL. These are called "Menu designed for you" and can be found here and are usually visible by names in the meal selection dropdown at any time.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Sitti
Hello,

I am confused how I should out preorder meal menu for my upcoming flight. I did call Finnair Thailand, but it wasn't very helpful. All they told me was just check their website.

When I try to preorder meal, all I see is just option 1~3 but I see no description for each of it. Can you help me find out what food you are getting with these options?

My flights are
AY0090 BKK > HEL Oct 11
AY0089 HEL > BKK Oct 27

Thank you
Quite easy; the pre orders have been the same for 5 years now:

"Health and Wellness" = A few prawns w noodles or rice
"Food Lovers Treat" = A sausage w roast potatoes
"Chef´s Gourmet" = An uneadable rein dear steak soaked in a watery
sauce w a dull gratin
Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by JoWa
Quite easy; the pre orders have been the same for 5 years now:

"Health and Wellness" = A few prawns w noodles or rice
"Food Lovers Treat" = A sausage w roast potatoes
"Chef´s Gourmet" = An uneadable rein dear steak soaked in a watery
sauce w a dull gratin
These are the special meals you can only choose ex HEL, the other meals had some slight changes (not to good).
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:15 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
--When I try to preorder meal, all I see is just option 1~3 but I see no description for each of it. Can you help me find out what food you are getting with these options?
as i've understood, these options (1/2/3) are called "signature menus", and they are offered ex-Hel, here is the menu offered until 24 october, after that it will be a seafood menu by the chef's of Fismarket (Finnish restaurant);

"Harvest Time" Signature Menu by Ari Ruoho, Executive Chef de Cuisine from Restaurant Nokka, is served on Finnair´s long-haul flights leaving Helsinki 29.7.-24.10.2015.";

https://gallery.finnair.com/material...59d074bc752e01

http://www.dotwnews.com/m/focus/finn...al-ingredients

I have an upcoming flight to JFK in early Nov and I can't see the options yet either.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
as i've understood, these options (1/2/3) are called "signature menus", and they are offered ex-Hel, here is the menu offered until 24 october, after that it will be a seafood menu by the chef's of Fismarket (Finnish restaurant);

"Harvest Time" Signature Menu by Ari Ruoho, Executive Chef de Cuisine from Restaurant Nokka, is served on Finnair´s long-haul flights leaving Helsinki 29.7.-24.10.2015.".
I flew last week HEL-DEL and there was no "Harvest Time" among the pre-order menus. Perhaps it would have been available on the flight, but they had no menus at all...
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Size
These are the special meals you can only choose ex HEL, the other meals had some slight changes (not to good).
Right, it´s still beyond me have they could replace that fantastic rein deer course they had on their ordinary meny after just a few months, but keep that uneadable special order rein deer for a fifth year...
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Karjaluokka

"Harvest Time" Signature Menu by Ari Ruoho, Executive Chef de Cuisine from Restaurant Nokka, is served on Finnair´s long-haul flights leaving Helsinki 29.7.-24.10.2015.";

https://gallery.finnair.com/material...59d074bc752e01

http://www.dotwnews.com/m/focus/finn...al-ingredients

I have an upcoming flight to JFK in early Nov and I can't see the options yet either.
Most interesting thing here is that there is no "or" between the starter and the soup anymore.
Last times I asked for both I received a raised eye browe and a "Hmm, I´ll see what I can do..."
(Soups are often quite good)
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everybody. I think it's clear now.

So Option 1~3 is just reserving whatever choice of meal they offer onboard. For BKK>HEL flight, I guess I don't need to preorder anything.

From HEL to BKK flight, I might order from special meals. Maybe I'll try Chef´s Gourmet. But is it really that bad or should I just forget preordering anything and try this "Harvest Time" long-haul flight meal they offer in my flight? HEL to BKK is considered long-haul flight for Finnair, correct?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:08 pm

For as long as I remember the ordinary options have been much better than the special one´s. (And the worst of those is the "Chef´s Gourmet")
You don´t need to pre order the odinary one´s, but if not there is a minor risk your choice will be finished when it´s your turn to order.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Thank you everybody. I think it's clear now.

So Option 1~3 is just reserving whatever choice of meal they offer onboard. For BKK>HEL flight, I guess I don't need to preorder anything.

From HEL to BKK flight, I might order from special meals. Maybe I'll try Chef´s Gourmet. But is it really that bad or should I just forget preordering anything and try this "Harvest Time" long-haul flight meal they offer in my flight? HEL to BKK is considered long-haul flight for Finnair, correct?
For the BKK - HEL legs it depends, if you have status with AY and sit in front of the cabin you get what you want - if you don t have status and sit in the back - you only get what is available. To play safe make a choice.

My wife is ordering the "Chef s Gourmet" since years - so I guess it s not so bad. I always go for the "Well Being".
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:36 am

I have been happy eating the Chef's Gourmet whenever possible.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Size
For the BKK - HEL legs it depends, if you have status with AY and sit in front of the cabin you get what you want - if you don t have status and sit in the back - you only get what is available. To play safe make a choice.
Actually, you can never be safe, I´ve missed even my pre ordered choice ex HEL as a Gold...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.