Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
IMO it isn’t exactly ethical to leave these passenger lists lying around for customers to see but neither it is to take pictures of them and publish.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
IMO it isn’t exactly ethical to leave these passenger lists lying around for customers to see but neither it is to take pictures of them and publish.
Fair enough, I thought it was generic enough just showing tier, no names or flight number. Anyhow deleted it.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by intuition
I assume 787 has working toilets, to that would be one compelling argument..
Umm... yes the AI 787 have working toilets. But pax on AI have a rather indifferent attitude to public toilets, and AI cleaning staff a rather indifferent attitude to cleaning in general
Steve_Hun and ff_flyer like this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:50 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Who would have thought that AY's non-working toilets are the better option!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by intuition
Who would have thought that AY's non-working toilets are the better option!
I would choose a non-working Finnish toilet over a supposedly-working Indian one any day
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Chinese actor moves to HEL for 30 days.

Chinese influencer Ryan Zhu is going to live in the airport for 30 days. #LIFEINHEL , starting October 10th, is a disruptive content marketing campaign by the Finnish airport operator Finavia.
https://www.finavia.fi/en/news-room/...t-for-30-days/
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The placards in the AI 788 toilet is also innovative:
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:11 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I'm not sure this tops the AY solution of putting a a tape across basin with the meaning "do not use".
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Chinese actor moves to HEL for 30 days.

https://www.finavia.fi/en/news-room/...t-for-30-days/
The airport calls it the "World's longest layover" which hardly is correct no matter how oyu look at it (What about the guy living at CDG? And isn't a layover when you transfer somewhere, not when you are at your destination?).
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Gnopps
The airport calls it the "World's longest layover" which hardly is correct no matter how oyu look at it (What about the guy living at CDG? And isn't a layover when you transfer somewhere, not when you are at your destination?).
He is a Chinese actor, I guess he is coming in from China and eventually returning to China. That would make it a layover, no?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
He is a Chinese actor, I guess he is coming in from China and eventually returning to China. That would make it a layover, no?
And a pretty cool marketing campaign for exactly what AY is looking for! ^
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:38 am

Lucky Air is starting flights twice weekly from Kunming via Chengdu to Helsinki in January.

https://www.finavia.fi/en/news-room/...sinki-airport/
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by reflektia
Lucky Air is starting flights twice weekly from Kunming via Chengdu to Helsinki in January.

https://www.finavia.fi/en/news-room/...sinki-airport/
We'll see... And having read what Wikipedia and Tripadvisor have to say, I can't really call us lucky if we are to have Lucky in HEL.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by ffay005
We'll see... And having read what Wikipedia and Tripadvisor have to say, I can't really call us lucky if we are to have Lucky in HEL.
Is it that distinct from main lines HU? I thought that HU had about as many subsidiary airlines as hubs, to please local authorities ego - a Chinese city must have its own airline to be on the map.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Does someone know what is happening in DUS area on week starting 16 Oct.. Almost all flights from HEL sold out / only super expensive Y/B/H available for most. And what would be the best alternative option to fly, FRA? Or are there any direct train services from AMS or BRU for example.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.