Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by intuition
He might actually mean F1 as in the motorsports, not the budget hotel chain.
Why he chose to go to MXP and not SIN is beyond me. The marina bay street circuit is the only night race in the F1 circus, it's on for september.
What's wrong with choosing Monza on 3rd Sept? 😊
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:01 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Nothing wrong per se, but as he is "whining" about 300€ shorthaul ticket I'm surprised he didn't go for SIN (with 2x promo if he moves to STO).

But perhaps he means F1 as in Formule1 and then it is really interesting what "event" he is attendending...
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
But perhaps he means F1 as in Formule1 and then it is really interesting what "event" he is attendending...
There are several F1 properties in India, this is what LGG must mean!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:07 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt
There are several F1 properties in India, this is what LGG must mean!
India simply, and sadly, can't deliver on any front. Regarding F1 you won't go wrong with either SIN or Monza...both are among the top5 for sure.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:02 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Speaking about F1 (first and last time): I noticed both KUL and SIN have pretty good flight connections available, KUL also has inexpensive hotels and race tickets. Sepang circuit should be quite easily accessible by KLIA Ekspres.

Any experiences which one we should choose for a 4-5 day trip, never visited these cities. Flying most likely AY from HEL (or ARN...).
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:13 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The KLIA ekspres tops out at 80 km/h, nothing for a speed junkie!!

I'd chose SIN any day of the week. KUL isn't bad but SIN is so much more. Admittedly more expensive too though.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:49 pm
R2

The KLIA ekspres tops out at 80 km/h, nothing for a speed junkie!!
The journey is 57 kms and takes 28 minutes so the average speed is around 120km/h...it goes much faster than cars on the nearby highway so the top speed must be around 160km/h.

I think you're referring to the slower KLIA Transit train.

I'd chose SIN any day of the week. KUL isn't bad but SIN is so much more. Admittedly more expensive too though.
I agree. If you're on a tight budget go to KL, great experience for great value. If money is not a constraint, choose Singapore.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:16 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

You might be right, its been 6 years since I last was in KUL. I remember it felt like walking speed.
Still, 120 km/h must be one of the slowest dedicated airport trains in existence
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:18 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

... and the decisive thing: Eating durian on the MRT is strictly forbidden in SIN. Gotta love such a civilized society!
Attached Images  
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
... and the decisive thing: Eating durian on the MRT is strictly forbidden in SIN. Gotta love such a civilized society!
That HAS to be a joke. Although I know SIN authorities are not known for their jokes. Eating durian is forbidded in many places, but death??
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
That HAS to be a joke. Although I know SIN authorities are not known for their jokes. Eating durian is forbidded in many places, but death??
Well it obviously shows that it's a joke. Probably a $5000 fine instead.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:09 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Hehe, I may have altered the sentence a little, yes.... Only to reflect the true offense of durian smell.
(Sadly the MRT font is proprietary so it is difficult to make a perfect spoof)
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:18 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Fully agree, you cannot go wrong with SIN, never.

Regarding F1, it's also an amazing venue with evening race and the city lights...right there in Marina Bay. Fantastic experience. Might be going away from the race calendar so go while you still can!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'm not a fan of Asia, but I've grown to like Singapore. It's civilized and organized, things work, it's clean and people speak understandable English. If you want it to be Asian, it will, but if you want it to be Western, it'll do pretty well, too. A little something for everyone. I'd choose SIN over KUL any day, although my one trip to KUL was nice, too.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Why he chose to go to MXP and not SIN is beyond me.
Strict travel policy in September, no long hauls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.