Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:08 am

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/st...231424/photo/1

Finnair flight 666, at 13 o'clock on Friday the 13th with a 13 year old aircraft, has landed safely in HEL
Old Jan 14, 2017, 11:49 pm
R2

There is discussion in the New Promotion thread about a targeted promo offering double tier points, appears it is for Silver members...wish we all could make use of it .

It brings back memories of great promo offers from the past. The best I ever made use of was this:

Back in 2001 the KLM Flying Blue program did a status match offer. They would match status of any other FF program to the same level in theirs. I held the highest status with AY Plus (can't remember if it was Gold or if they had already launched Plat at the time). Anyway, I got comped Flying Blue Platinum.

What made this offer amazing was the they also gave you the same number of miles you held in the original program. I had close to 1M points on my AY Plus account then and there I was with the same number of miles with Flying Blue! Of course FB being miles-based meant this took me much further...from memory a return C class flight from Europe to US was something like 100k miles so I had quite a few nice free trips with KLM in the following couple of years

The icing on the cake was that back then FB awards were totally free. They did not charge any airport taxes, surcharges or fees...it was genuinely free travel...the good old days
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:27 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Who recalls AY lounge in ARN T2 before moving to T5? There was Platinum lounge behind the plastic door and key code was needed.
What Happened in that lounge? Was there booze and food?
Booze - yes
Food - if memory serves limited
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:17 pm

I was going through some stuff in the attic and found something I got as a kid on a lomalento in the 90s. Tournament in the next DO?
Attached Images  
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by jmmi
I was going through some stuff in the attic and found something I got as a kid on a lomalento in the 90s. Tournament in the next DO?
Nice!! I have a different Finnair family game, possibly from the 80s. With stewardesses, a captain, a mechanic, and passengers.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Will be visiting CX F@LHR again on JAN21.

Quality is assessed by the FT DO team and concluded to be acceptable.

You need to make this a once a week event right?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Is LGG flying to DEL this weekend?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Is LGG flying to DEL this weekend?
No. I'm in Khrung Thep.

Something special going on in DEL?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
"scandic of the skies" lovers will have new hotel opening in 2018 at HEL. Just read Scandic will open just 100 meters from T2 at LAK real estate building. Anyone knows which building is it, where?

Good to have more options than GLO/Hilton, but it is Scandic anyway
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FFlash
"scandic of the skies" lovers will have new hotel opening in 2018 at HEL. Just read Scandic will open just 100 meters from T2 at LAK real estate building. Anyone knows which building is it, where?

Good to have more options than GLO/Hilton, but it is Scandic anyway
I sure hope it has a direct entrance hotel to premium lounge.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
From what I understood, I thought it was going to be the TOKE building (backside?), where AY and some Finavia offices as well as Mehiläinen are now located. So only a part of the offices is due for change to a hotel.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt
From what I understood, I thought it was going to be the TOKE building (backside?), where AY and some Finavia offices as well as Mehiläinen are now located. So only a part of the offices is due for change to a hotel.
Yes TOKE building, floors 3-5 & 7, 148 rooms, entrance facing T2.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I wonder if this means that J pax will be accommodated at Scandic instead of Hilton in the future.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
I wonder if this means that J pax will be accommodated at Scandic instead of Hilton in the future.
You nailed the concept there you go
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I wonder if it would be a good idea to have destination-specific topics instead of a bunch of old, reemerging and new topics that concentrate on check-in, lounges, planes, meals and whatever in a specific destination. Like one main topic for JFK, ORD, MIA, NRT, HKG etc. The main longhaul destinations and probably some European tranferpoints, too, like LHR or CDG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.