Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by finhub
Finnair site was down few hours this morning, but it seems to be up and running now. Still having some problems to book?

Working now 👍👍
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by niksal
OSL must be one of the busier routes? Both HEL-OSL and OSL-HEL seem 90%+ booked all the time. Next tuesday I couldn't get a seat on HEL-OSL so had to book SK.
What is going on in BUD. I cant get home on 09OCT cause both AY planes are full Y+C.

D8 is 192€ one way.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:35 am

People of size have taken someone´s advice and booked 2 seats for them, so none left for you?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
What is going on in BUD. I cant get home on 09OCT cause both AY planes are full Y+C.

D8 is 192€ one way.
Hungarians fleeing the country after their plebiscite next Sunday?

Something does go on there, hotel prices were also sky-high (for Budapest, anyway) for next week. But all I could find was the Budapest Fashion week going on.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
50th EPCA meeting with 2000+ delegates in BUD Oct 1-4
EPCA.eu
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Hungarians fleeing the country after their plebiscite next Sunday?

Something does go on there, hotel prices were also sky-high (for Budapest, anyway) for next week. But all I could find was the Budapest Fashion week going on.
Budapest marathon? 27000 participants expected. They have an Octoberfest around Sept/October, have not checked the actual days.
On the other hand it's the same story next weekend, no availability on Sunday.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:20 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

D8 is 192€ one way.
Try W6. Lowest of the low. Servicevise. They don't even have a LCC terminal, they have a plastic tent on the apron...

Takes you to MMX then you can do TF/AY to BMA and then AY.

Or DY to ARN is available at 50€ Sorry wrong date
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:29 am

I'm arriving BUD at 18:05 so flights out BUD are very limited.

AB to TXL would be great but then overnight in TXL.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:37 am

Transavia will open AMS and MUC from HEL in March, 4 weekly flights.

http://www.finavia.fi/fi/tiedottamin...inkivantaalta/
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:12 am

AY want's me to use 69€ for upgrade to PRG.

I got a mail from AY In Finnish and followed the link:
Hyvä MR LGG,
Tarjoamme sinulle erikoistarjouksen tekemällesi Finnairin varaukselle XWB350: voit korottaa omasi sekä matkakumppaniesi* matkustusluokan turistiluokasta bisnesluokkaan edulliseen tarjoushintaan. Jos olet Finnair Plus jäsen, voit käyttää tasopisteitäsi maksamiseen**.
It says I can use my tier points for upgrade. Why is it tier points? Should it be award/palkinto points?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
It says I can use my tier points for upgrade. Why is it tier points?
Because you get your status by segments.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
AY want's me to use 69€ for upgrade to PRG.

I got a mail from AY In Finnish and followed the link:

It says I can use my tier points for upgrade. Why is it tier points? Should it be award/palkinto points?
AY communication at its best perhaps they are finally planning on introducibg improved Tierpoints for AY plus members on upgraded flights who knows I might actually upgrade then

That might be something they could, offer extrai. Points ONLy for ay plus members who upgrade to entice more upgraders? 👍👍👍
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Because you get your status by segments.
Yes, that is true. Segment flyer uses tier points. Excellent idea!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
At least some change must have happened between 1995 and 1997, because in Jan. 95 my NRT flights were still AY914/915, but in Nov. 97 they already had the AY073/074 code.
Thanks! That's a little later than I thought – strange to make a change some time in 1996 (?) and include the Baltics in the "Soviet Series".

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can do some research about the flight numbers here: http://www.timetableimages.com/ttimages/ay.htm

The domestic network in 1960 is interesting: http://www.timetableimages.com/ttima...06/ay60-26.jpg
Thanks for this link! What a journey back in time! I wonder what kind of people travelled on these long domestic "bus routes" from A to B to C to D to finally reach E...

And look at the 1971 timetable. The tables very much resemble train or bus timetables, with all those intermediate stops.

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Just the other day I thought how history is still with us today.

St Pete - LED (Leningrad)
Ekaterinburg - SVX (Sverdlovsk)
N. Novgorod - GOJ (Gorkij)
Samara - KUF (Kuybishev)
Atryrau - GUW (Gurjev, KZ)
Taraz - DMB (Djambul, KZ)

and the list goes on and on
Oh, so that's why many of the Russian codes are so strange. Didn't know they had changed so many place names there. However, Volgograd, ex-Stalingrad is VOG.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:21 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by ffay005
Oh, so that's why many of the Russian codes are so strange. Didn't know they had changed so many place names there. However, Volgograd, ex-Stalingrad is VOG.
Yep, of course ex-Soviet Union not the only place for these kinds of things. Ho Chi Minh City used to be Saigon, hence code SGN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.