Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:58 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
I would suggest you go to a travel agent to book your bouncing tickets for you.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
First the disabled passengers and the parties with infants are called for preboarding.

Then Business class passengers and Oneworld frequent fliers get to board. I took the Finnair flight from SIN very recently, and it was definitely announced as "Business class" over the PA. There was also signage to that effect if you cannot hear well.

Then Economy passengers from group 1, group 2 and so on...
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I see... Well only just last year 1 year ago when i did this travel i did not heard the annoucement with her mic saying (Business class line up here) it was something else and very basic. Party ? special ? class ? I dont remember exactly how they called it. But the passangers where like any other passangers young and old singles and or in groups.

For us economic passangers took more then 10 to 15 minutes to get in the plane. But strangely as i walk in the plane i saw part of the business seats. Where actually half empty. And the people who board the plane first there was at least 20 people. More people on economic for us of course.

What do you mean a bar ? there isn't a bar on the plane.. they go thru this tunnel to get into the plane simple as that.

Its why they started to open the gates for passengers to get in the plane.

Im only just curiosity about it thats all.

So if i was to get business class i have to remember to line up first. And dont stay behind with the rest of the economic... Well i could i suppose. One thing is i would hate to see the rest of the economic people walking past me and stare that i am on business class.. As the door entrance is right there between the business class. Anyways i suppose depends the type of model plane 320s or 330s i guess.

Anyhow ones i do this ticket thing the next 3 months i will find out what model im on with finnair and get the in dept idea where passengers enters the plane. And will passengers from economic be passing by me as everyone boards the plane.

Originally Posted by nux
I would suggest you go to a travel agent to book your bouncing tickets for you.
I rather not. I do like the idea of i in control of what im getting. Then i have the power to change and move things around online with my options.

I did all this trip with expedia. Just that it seems finnair won't do my trip well to rovaniemi. And also there seems to show errors because if i include rovaniemi it won't work. Which is quite strange because rovaniemi is in finland. And finnair been finland themselves.

I still have until 3 months to make decisions. But online thing alouds me and teaches myself how to do this rather then a travel agency.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
But Expedia is a travel agent. You have already gone to a travel agent - however, it's a travel agent that you can't talk to directly, and that makes you do most of the work.

Once you've booked with Expedia online, you won't be able to make any changes yourself later on. If you need anything changed, you would have to ring them up and wait all day on the phone while the Expedia people talk to other customers, sneak outside for a smoko, and do their own banking and shopping online before picking up your call to answer your questions.

If, instead, you went to a Flight Centre or STA Travel or any other high-street travel agent near where you live and work in Australia, you could ask a real, live person all these questions that you are asking here. You can talk to them for hours and tell them everything they need to know in order to book the perfect trip and the ideal price. And if you later change your mind, you can go back and ask them more questions and get them to make changes to your ticket (bear in mind that changing tickets that have already been paid for, or issued, will require further payment).

Last edited by irishguy28; Feb 6, 2015 at 12:42 am
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by citro
I rather not. I do like the idea of i in control of what im getting. Then i have the power to change and move things around online with my options.

I did all this trip with expedia. Just that it seems finnair won't do my trip well to rovaniemi. And also there seems to show errors because if i include rovaniemi it won't work. Which is quite strange because rovaniemi is in finland. And finnair been finland themselves.

I still have until 3 months to make decisions. But online thing alouds me and teaches myself how to do this rather then a travel agency.
I can understand and sympathize with the sentiment of doing yourself and learning in the process.
I do hope it does not take all three months though to learn that you cannot add Rovaniemi into the same trip if you use Finnair website. Either follow the advice given and split the trip into two or follow the advice to go to a travel agent and ask for help.

It has nothing to do with the location of Rovaniemi or any other thing you are hanged up on. It is because the trip is more complex than the trips usually sold without help of an travel agent.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
But Expedia is a travel agent. You have already gone to a travel agent - however, it's a travel agent that you can't talk to directly, and that makes you do most of the work.

Once you've booked with Expedia online, you won't be able to make any changes yourself later on. If you need anything changed, you would have to ring them up and wait all day on the phone while the Expedia people talk to other customers, sneak outside for a smoko, and do their own banking and shopping online before picking up your call to answer your questions.

If, instead, you went to a Flight Centre or STA Travel or any other high-street travel agent near where you live and work in Australia, you could ask a real, live person all these questions that you are asking here. You can talk to them for hours and tell them everything they need to know in order to book the perfect trip and the ideal price. And if you later change your mind, you can go back and ask them more questions and get them to make changes to your ticket (bear in mind that changing tickets that have already been paid for, or issued, will require further payment).
Thanks for taking your full time and effort to write that for me. But just with all respect you miss understood me. And firstly when i made my online tickets with expedia there was quite a lot of option to move and change things. (of course depending the type of class you choose to pay for and of the limits you can and cant change things) So last year i was able to change things. I don't deal with a travel agency in person.

I rather change things by my preference and when i want when i like to. Not constantly go to a travel agency or call every time. I don't need to change anything.

All im asking was why Finnair australia website will not let me add in Rovaniemi in the trip. As it pears errors.

Australia to berlin and berlin to rovaniemi and back home. Read obove the where i want to go.

But expedia will indeed find me a full in dept package for me all for finnair on my 2 trips berlin and rovaniemi. So if Finnair online doesnt do that then that is bad business. I wonder.

Otherwise ill continuance to stick with expedia because last year the way i wanted it to work it work pretty good. Finnair australia doesn't It does work on finnair australia website if all i do is type brisbane to berlin and berlin back to brisbane. But not rovaniemi on my second trip in this package. Expedia does.

And just to let you know i dont need to change anything unless i need to and if i was to change something via expedia i can. Thats how i saw it last year i was able to change things. No need a travel agency anymore.

Thanks i hope i made that clear. And because you miss understood me. Anyhow thanks for your message.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Maybe you should contact Finnair in Australia? They'll be more than happy to book the trip with Rovaniemi for you and you will still have control over everything. The phone number is 1300 132 944.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
I can understand and sympathize with the sentiment of doing yourself and learning in the process.
I do hope it does not take all three months though to learn that you cannot add Rovaniemi into the same trip if you use Finnair website. Either follow the advice given and split the trip into two or follow the advice to go to a travel agent and ask for help.

It has nothing to do with the location of Rovaniemi or any other thing you are hanged up on. It is because the trip is more complex than the trips usually sold without help of an travel agent.
So they said finnair online are a travel agency them selfs yes ? and yet they cant online do this package with rovaniemi included ? thats odd.. If i was to do this at a travel agency in person they would. Expedia they would. Then what is finnair australia a travel agency? the guy obove who told me it is so.

Don;t worry. Last year my trip was pretty good. berlin and rovaniemi. It worked as a package and all was finnair but i did this with expedia. And in minutes i had tickets all done. Only what doesnt work for me nor anyone is that if you made the same trip as me and include rovaniemi. Finnair online will not regonise it and will continue to give you error. And yet considering all this package is mainly finnair. Well ok with flybe in europe. But it shouldn't have been so complicated for finnair online.

Anyways its all good. No fuzz. I have 3 months. No drama.... just wanted to now why finnair didn't look it up for me when requested. Anyways its only early days. Already excited about my trip next.

Economic or Buiness class. However business will be a very expensive one.
I do thank you all for the messages.

Originally Posted by lkrt
Maybe you should contact Finnair in Australia? They'll be more than happy to book the trip with Rovaniemi for you and you will still have control over everything. The phone number is 1300 132 944.
Thanks. Will do.... But dont worry im not buying tickets just yet.

Really folks the only thing all i wanted to do was compare prices with finnair australia online vs Expedia online with the trip i want to make the (package)

But finnair online wont coporate. So they dont want rovaniemi to be added. Expedia can.

Anyhow just wanted to see the price diferents and wanted to know if finnair online is better then expedia.... However like ive already said.. expedia aloud me to change things (depending the class type you have spent on) But anyhow

At this stage im only browseing the world wide web for this and compare prices. You dont want to pay too much.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:18 pm

I see... Well only just last year 1 year ago when i did this travel i did not heard the annoucement with her mic saying (Business class line up here) it was something else and very basic. Party ? special ? class ? I dont remember exactly how they called it. But the passangers where like any other passangers young and old singles and or in groups.
I think the word you are looking for is Priority. These people may be economic, too.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlugE
I think the word you are looking for is Priority. These people may be economic, too.
Hmm not really because there was alot of people waiting to board the plane like me.. When they said time to board in the rest of us all had to line up.

They open the gates but a few 20 or so people went in first and us which where more then 40 or so people had to wait more then 10 to 15minutes to board in.

I believe it was for business class passengers.. You said economic. Then what happen to business passengers ? the gates didnt open until a quite 1hour. And then they did they announce a word for it to line up here. I presume business class. But the only interesting was... they didn't announce it as business class. They called it something else.

Anyhow never mind just wanted to know so that if i was to be a business class i will have to line up first rather then wait with the rest of the economic. As ive never flown with business class for me this is all new to me

Just wondering this:

Finnair 82
Business Class ( D), AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A330-300

What does this letter D is and what does it mean ? while economic has the letter (M)

just browsing on expedia and this comes up with D.

Does that mean business class with the letter D means middle seats instead of window seats ?

thanks

Also the following configurations with finnair:

Airbus A330-300

Seat map (OH-LTM, -LTN, -LTO, -LTP, -LTR)
Seat map (OH-LTS, -LTT, -LTU)

So if my flight will be the Finnair 82 airbus industries a330-300 with D business class.
Then how do i actually now which is it above these seat maps to select ? They all seems the same a330-300 but slightly different style interior. So for finnair 82 which one do i look for on the seat maps ? So many alphabets i just don't no what all these things means.

I hope someone nice may bring up some light to this. thanks.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 12:59 pm
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:50 am

Just wondering this:

Finnair 82
Business Class ( D), AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A330-300

What does this letter D is and what does it mean ? while economic has the letter (M)
It is the booking class. D means business class (there are also some other booking classes for business).

This far ahead of the flight, you should not pay that much attention to the seat maps. There is no set plain for the dates that far ahead and even if there was, it is more than likely that it would change. The alphabets in your latter post are the codes for the actual airplanes OH-LTM just one aircraft...
Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theBro
It is the booking class. D means business class (there are also some other booking classes for business).

This far ahead of the flight, you should not pay that much attention to the seat maps. There is no set plain for the dates that far ahead and even if there was, it is more than likely that it would change. The alphabets in your latter post are the codes for the actual airplanes OH-LTM just one aircraft...

Thank you.
So the letter ( D ) means for Business class is this correct ?
And the letter ( M ) code means for Economic class seats is this also correct ?

So there is nothing more then just D & M or is there actually more to that with letters ? It is quite confusing and much more confusing is the actual these alphabets in of the seat maps shown on finniair website. So if there are 330-300 model planes there are 2 different to choose from with so many alphabets. SO i would not no which one to click on just to view the seats.

Im not buying tickets im aware it is just Little bit too early just yet and thanks for your help there.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Thank you.
So the letter ( D ) means for Business class is this correct ?
And the letter ( M ) code means for Economic class seats is this also correct ?

So there is nothing more then just D & M or is there actually more to that with letters ? It is quite confusing and much more confusing is the actual these alphabets in of the seat maps shown on finniair website. So if there are 330-300 model planes there are 2 different to choose from with so many alphabets. SO i would not no which one to click on just to view the seats.

Im not buying tickets im aware it is just Little bit too early just yet and thanks for your help there.
Those letters don't have anything to do with where you sit on the plane, you can choose any seat that shows up as vacant in your cabin. I think that D is the most expensive option for Business class, I is cheaper but less flexible. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

But once you select your seat, keep checking your booking until it's time to go, as Finnair change their planes a lot, so you might end up in a seat you don't like. But of course all Business Class seats are better than any economic seat, so it won't really matter that much.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:38 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Correct. C and D are the Business tickets, I and J are the Busines saver tickets. The latter generally *) cheaper and less flexible.

Citro might want to read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fare_basis_code or the Fare buckets section of http://www.expertflyer.com/edu-guide.pdf.

-----
*) Since the introduction of "ticket types" there are not always a correlation between fare code and flexibility. It is possible to book a ticket priced at D-level but receive the rules from a saver-ticket. It is mostly common in economy; they sometimes keep selling "campaign" or "basic" ticket types (lowest flexibility) while there are only seat availability in YBH (full price econ)

Last edited by intuition; Feb 8, 2015 at 12:46 am Reason: adding some exceptions...
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Those letters don't have anything to do with where you sit on the plane, you can choose any seat that shows up as vacant in your cabin. I think that D is the most expensive option for Business class, I is cheaper but less flexible. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

But once you select your seat, keep checking your booking until it's time to go, as Finnair change their planes a lot, so you might end up in a seat you don't like. But of course all Business Class seats are better than any economic seat, so it won't really matter that much.

Thank you to you for that great help.
Also THANKS to intuition for the website links.

As business class i don't think the airline can move you else where in business class (seats) ones you choose where you want to seat at business class it remain locked for your reservation for you. Thats why you pay more then economic. Am i right at this ?

So i had a look at the seat maps. Lets just go with this one for the moment:
http://www.finnair.com/go/Images/fle...TR_seatmap.jpg

Look carefully at the business class seats. On the left side there are 1 single seat and non at all next to it. Having that single only seat has 2 walls or 2 tables left and right of you. While the right side there are just 1 seat but with one table on the side of you.

What does this 1 single seat on business seat looks like where it shows 2 walls side by side ?
Look at 6A as you can see on that map there is a seat where it has 2 deblicate personal table beside you. Are these better then the one table facing the window as in 6L on the map ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.