Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Furry
Didn't know that for domestic ticket you actually pay the 10% VAT also for "tax"
Yeah, VAT is added to the price that already includes all other taxes (think gasoline, alcohol, tobacco etc). So you pay taxes on taxes. Great, huh?
Old May 19, 2017, 12:27 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
AY834 18.05.2017 had excellent cabin crew. Many thanks also for timely arrival!
Old May 28, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Regards frim Heathrow chaos yesterday... was booked on BA evening flt in C, got to T3 early around 2pm and it clearly looked like nothing is going to happen very soon, so went to AY tkt desk just to find out all flts full, also on sunday.... so walked to T2 to check LH and SK, but all full..... back to T3 and no more info available on BA flts, so at went back to AY and a miracle happened, as the lady was checking things out (happy she did and not only say no avail), a seat came available, price over 600 pounds in Y... do you want it and I said I take it, I take it..... and got it. So thank you AY for saving my day!!! And lucky me, got and exit seat and with OWE got my Hesari and a drink (all though it took them 1h30m to reach my row 24).

Once in the BA lounge, at about 4.30pm they made an anouncement that all BA flts on that day have been cancelled and I was even more relieved with my decision to buy thet hefty priced tkt. Ba was unable to help with any hotels, re-routings or anything else either.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:26 pm

I had a very pleasant HEL-SIN J flight on 13JUN. The SIN-based crew was superfriendly, corteous and superattentive. Somehow they managed to always be there when I needed or wanted something – in a cabin with 32 seats, 26 of them occupied, it almost felt like having a private butler. And that probably didn't apply only to me – they just knew where to be and when. I think it's the first time when I didn't have to ask for more water (or as I now usually do, two glasses) during the meal service. And when I didn't have to sit with an empty tray in front of me, waiting for it to be picked up.

The preorder meal order was screwed up, as seems to be the case more often than not, but it was rectified soon after take-off. And while the tightwad "midnight menu" seems to suggest that soup is no longer an alternative appetizer, but an alternative main course, they were happy to serve me both soup and a main. The meal tray was brought to me 30 min after take-off, which I much appreciated, too.

I requested my Jymy together with the meal (because they are always too hard and it takes forever to get them). Not a problem – but this time the ice cream wasn't rock hard, it was perfect. And they proactively offered me a second one when they picked up the tray! That's a first, too (usually I have to ask, haha).

I think an average AY FA would have a lot to learn from this crew. No 'katotaan' concept here, and what's best is that while the experience was far better than average, it cost AY not a penny more.

Oh, and wifi worked well throughout the flight. It's not very fast, but completely adequate.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by ffay005
I think an average AY FA would have a lot to learn from this crew. No 'katotaan' concept here, and what's best is that while the experience was far better than average, it cost AY not a penny more.
Not true. Extra bottle of water, extra soup, extra ice-cream! These things add up, you know!
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by tsastor
Not true. Extra bottle of water, extra soup, extra ice-cream! These things add up, you know!
Not really. I always drink a lot of water, the difference being that this time, I didn't have to keep asking for it all the time when they roam the aisles with their wine bottles.

As for the soup and ice cream, I request those, too. Soup is never a problem. For the second ice cream, they sometimes tell me they'll bring it after the dessert service to ensure that everyone will get at least one. That's perfectly fine by me.

So to make it short, I more or less get the same items, it's only that this time I got them with a smile instead of a 'katotaan'.

And they throw everything away upon landing anyway. Remember back in the old days when they used to serve those deep-frozen 12-slice cakes? When I asked for seconds, the FA said she would want me to have two slices because otherwise she'll have to eat everything that was left so they don't have to throw it away
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:37 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Got excellent service in business class onboard AY803 HEL-MUC. The cabin crew really looked like they really enjoyed their work throughout the flight. I gave a longish positive feedback to AY for this flight, and on top of that received 5000p for giving positive feedback
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I was flying on a PER-CPH flight through HKG and LHR on Cathay in Biz Class last week. I got to the airport in Perth to check in and was told that my flight out of Hong Kong was moved from Cathay to Finnair and I would be flying to CPH through Helsinki. Never had even thought of flying Finnair, nor flying to Finland so I was a little concerned. Especially since I had really enjoyed Cathay on the flights to Australia.

I didn't know anything about Finnair. What a nice surprise. Not only did I have a great plane with the A350, then entire change was seamless and I ended up getting into CPH about 3 hours earlier than I would have with the CX/BA combo. I found the service on the plane excellent. Food was good. The crew was young and not really polished but that was ok. Wish they had a bottle of water to hand out, I must have gone through about 10 of those little icicle glasses. HEL was not the most pleasant airport. It was absolutely packed. There were lines for the mens room. The Schengen lounge was packed and there was a huge line for the mens room in the lounge! I had never seen a line for a men's room in an airport lounge before. Clearly HEL needs some expansion help. But I would fly Finnair again.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:12 am

Oops, maybe I was a little too negative on my positive comments. I found my experience on the AY A350 equal to my experience on the CX A330. Hard product was better. Service was similar to Cathay, less polished but more personal and enthusiastic. Food was about the same. Entertainment selection was a little better. HKG ground experience was the same. HEL was a little disappointing, but LHR is no picnic....so lets say that balances out. Short flight from HEL to CPH was very pleasant. More experienced staff. Very professional and nice.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
There were lines for the mens room. The Schengen lounge was packed and there was a huge line for the mens room in the lounge! I had never seen a line for a men's room in an airport lounge before. Clearly HEL needs some expansion help. But I would fly Finnair again.
Thanks for the review! I'm curious about this comment though - BA T5 first and club lounges I always have to queue at - not really so for other hub lounges including HEL. Which lounge do you use in LHR?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by remymartin
..not really so for other hub lounges including HEL.
OP arrived from HKG, perhaps on AY70 and if so the early morning. It'd be great to know what finnair lounge at HEL isn't jammed packed at this hour with long lines to everything (entrance, toliets, food, seats)

Flying BA HKG-LHR on a similar schedule lands at LHR at a time when all airport facilities are closed, to technically I'd say there are no lines to the lounge toilets at 4 am.
(and No, you can't get to BA T5 lounges when flying BA on HKG-LHR-CPH)
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:14 pm

I was on AY100, so I left HKG in the AM (like 9:45?), and arrived into HEL around 15:00. The airport was packed. Lots of asian flights leaving in the afternoon. So, I made my way over to Schengen and it was packed. I think there is some construction going on, so it appeared that the bathroom was down to 2 stalls. There was a line to use it. The gate I left from had no where for anyone to sit, so everyone just stood in the main aisle.

I ended up taking AY9 from HEL to ORD on Saturday. So, I got to take that AY666 to HEL flight that makes me laugh. I had another good experience with Finnair on that flight. It was a daytime flight as well. It was an older, Finnish, more polished, more experienced crew. They were wonderful. I had a throne seat. It was another awesome flight. 2 for 2!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by HJP
Got excellent service in business class onboard AY803 HEL-MUC. The cabin crew really looked like they really enjoyed their work throughout the flight. I gave a longish positive feedback to AY for this flight, and on top of that received 5000p for giving positive feedback
Good for you, this is what they should do for people who give feedback and improve the system. I have done it several times but so far got zilch
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
Good for you, this is what they should do for people who give feedback and improve the system. I have done it several times but so far got zilch
They've done it every time I've sent feedback as Gold/Plat and I think that's their "official" policy as well.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by lkrt
They've done it every time I've sent feedback as Gold/Plat and I think that's their "official" policy as well.
If it is, they are not consistent with it, as to my experience it is a hit or miss. Sometimes very generous, sometimes nothing. I agree a small reward for giving feedback is a great incentive for their loyal customers to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.