Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Now this was a few years ago, so there may very well be a path. Or does CPH flights leave from T5 these days?
Ahh, you assumed one was flying SK to CPH, in which case that would of course be T2 like you said.

BA to CPH is of course T5 and I don't think it ever was at T3 (not 2!) anyway.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Ahh, you assumed one was flying SK to CPH, in which case that would of course be T2 like you said.

BA to CPH is of course T5 and I don't think it ever was at T3 (not 2!) anyway.
Sorry for this off topic and keeping it going! I just need to correct me. I was definitely flying BA (BA812 LHR-CPH) but I was too quick when I looked at the old ticket and misread the terminal. It was indeed leaving from T5. Probably T5C, as there was a terminal building change, a closed transfer security and once in terminal building lounges closed too (and only J lounge anyway).
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I just want to confirm again, that U bookings (C rewards for points) can easily be changed to Y reward points + voucher bookings, even via chat.

I had two bookings within a short period, where in both cases no X was available, only U. Booked them and both times initiated an online chat. I took both times a quick explanation what I want to do (at first they didn't really grasp the concept) and reminding that X class is upgradable with vouchers. After that they took timeout and in 2-3 minutes came back and everything was done. Interestingly, the booking class remained U, not changed to F.

Why I prefer using the vouchers vs points is simple - a) they have expiry, even if you're plat and b) points can be used for booking an actual flight, whereas vouchers cannot c) voucher can be used on AY only, points OW systemwide. Point in case (pun intended) - the points "saved" with the first booking (2x20k) were enough to make the second booking (after voucher applied)

So all in all, good job AY for providing this flexibility.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I just want to confirm again, that U bookings (C rewards for points) can easily be changed to Y reward points + voucher bookings, even via chat.
Meaning that you book online, so you will have the ticket issued by the time you contact AY via chat? So they will also re-issue the ticket?

This is indeed good news.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:39 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
... So they will also re-issue the ticket?
This kind of indicates that they just juggle points and vouchers around.
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
...Interestingly, the booking class remained U, not changed to F.
Aren't taxes are higher for U than for X, did you get refund or taxes stays the same?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
Meaning that you book online, so you will have the ticket issued by the time you contact AY via chat? So they will also re-issue the ticket?

This is indeed good news.
Yes, I had the ticket issued in a minute or so after booking online (before contacting chat)

Now I looked at the tickets again. One remained U, but the other was changed to F.

Originally Posted by intuition
Aren't taxes are higher for U than for X, did you get refund or taxes stays the same?
No change in charges - but as we are talking about shorthaul redemption and no LHR involved, I think there is very small if any difference.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:16 pm
Moderator, Finnair

On today's AY68 a FA, possibly the purser, wrote a reminder-note to a less seasoned traveller about new flights after missed connection. Traveller was also personally walked of the plane and handed over to groundstaff to make sure new BP was handed over.

That's clearly a well done for Finnair!
Attached Images  
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Flew AY840 on Sun. Departure was delayed ~20 minutes based on ATC restrictions. Predeparture champagne was served in J in the meanwhile. Nice use of "pelisilmä" from the cabin crew!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Kari Jurri
Flew AY840 on Sun. Departure was delayed ~20 minutes based on ATC restrictions. Predeparture champagne was served in J in the meanwhile. Nice use of "pelisilmä" from the cabin crew!
This has also happened to me at HEL without any delays. Great way to enhance experience especially if J load is light.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by lkrt
This has also happened to me at HEL without any delays. Great way to enhance experience especially if J load is light.
To really make it nice they should PDB of choice like on AA domestic flights in F.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Contacted CS to inquire if they can expedite points posting.
15 min later: BAM! I am a Plat.

As a lowly Gold CS usually answered in 12-24h so this was a really nice experience.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:58 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by juhanh
Contacted CS to inquire if they can expedite points posting.
15 min later: BAM! I am a Plat.

As a lowly Gold CS usually answered in 12-24h so this was a really nice experience.
Congratulations!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:12 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I had a great purser a few days ago on a short-haul business class flight. She came to personally welcome platinum members onboard and offered welcome champagne before takeoff. When the dinner was served, I gave some feedback on food quality and she asked if I would like to have a mud cake that was left over from the previous flight. I accepted the kind offer and the cake was tasty.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
I did HEL-CAN-HEL over the weekend with same crew both ways. Service was top notch, most J-class flight attendants were extremely attentive and engaging. On outbound I had ordered the reindeer, which was excellent, possibly the best reindeer dish I've ever had! The f/a cooking it was very curious to hear my verdict and I gave her compliments. I had very low expectations regarding the meals from CAN but I was pleasantly surprised; the appetizer salmon tasted like it should and the main chicken was spicy, and I mean SPICY! On return there were only 8 passengers in J, so the service was even better, champagne and wine was flowing, my glass was constantly topped. Probably my best flight with AY ever. But those A330 seats sure start showing their age, lots of wear and tear. And whoever says these seats are better than A350 seats must be joking... =)
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
And whoever says these seats are better than A350 seats must be joking... =)
They are, if you want to sit in a reclined position. The A350 doesn't have an adjustable foot rest, which is terrible. Otherwise I agree that the A350 is more comfortable. I sleep much better despite the end being so narrow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.