Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Leasing LOT Plane/Crew JFK-HEL

Old May 22, 2015, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, United Gold

Hi,

So nearly a year ago I booked a trip to Norway using AA miles. I really wanted to fly on Finnair and managed to get a business class flight to Oslo on Finnair JFK-HEL-OSL (Coming back to JFK on AA and BA) for my wife and me on our 5th wedding anniversary.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by Diotallevi; May 24, 2015 at 8:17 am
Old May 22, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Technically, you probably purchased the right to be flown in business class from JFK to OSL and back within a certain time window for you and your wife. So you would be getting what you purchased from a legal point of view, albeit not from a moral point of view.

If you want to postpone the trip so that you actually fly on Finnair, you can try to argue your case with the customer service.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
I think AY has offered reasonable options for most passengers although they could have informed earlier. At least revenue passengers can reroute their tickets to other oneworld flights, cancel them and change dates free of charge. If you don't want to travel with LOT, you should contact AA and ask whether they are able to reroute you (AY policy most likely only applies to AY-issued tickets).
Old May 22, 2015, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miikkak
I think AY has offered reasonable options for most passengers although they could have informed earlier. At least revenue passengers can reroute their tickets to other oneworld flights, cancel them and change dates free of charge. If you don't want to travel with LOT, you should contact AA and ask whether they are able to reroute you (AY policy most likely only applies to AY-issued tickets).
Hi Folks,

Thanks again for the input.

Last edited by Diotallevi; May 24, 2015 at 8:17 am
Old May 22, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
While not all direct aisle access, LOT's J seats on their 788 looks not too shabby.

From Lucky's blog:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...w-york-warsaw/
Old May 22, 2015, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, doesn't look too bad. BA wants to charge me $226 to select seat assignments. My god that pisses me off about BA.

Last edited by Diotallevi; May 24, 2015 at 8:18 am
Old May 23, 2015, 5:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by VNAFlyer
While not all direct aisle access, LOT's J seats on their 788 looks not too shabby.
Cool! They look like our "dear" ex-AF A340's, just a tad newer. http://img1.jetphotos.net:8080/img/3...1370030658.jpg
Pretty much hated around here.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: BA GfL
I would have stayed with LOT. Transiting through LHR is a mess and BA J cabin (8 front- and back-facing seats abreast) versus LOT's cabin (6 abreast, all front facing) is too confining. Plus service is mixed.
Old May 23, 2015, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Peregrine415
I would have stayed with LOT. Transiting through LHR is a mess and BA J cabin (8 front- and back-facing seats abreast) versus LOT's cabin (6 abreast, all front facing) is too confining. Plus service is mixed.
Yeah, I probably should have. I may have overreacted and pulled the trigger to quickly.

I did manage to get my JFK flight on BA switched to EWR, which means the commute to the airport just got reduced by over an hour, so there's a silver lining. The Newark flight leaves 1/2 earlier, so I now have a bit more breathing room connecting in LHR, and the seat map on the BA EWR flight is much more wide open than the JFK, so there will be a better chance that my wife and I will be able to sit together when I choose a "free" seat assignment 24 hours before departure.

Last edited by Diotallevi; May 24, 2015 at 9:01 am
Old May 23, 2015, 11:43 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
LO C has fully flat seats - the same TK uses - very comfortable (I would even say more comfortable than AY newest product, unless you are in the 'throne' seat). IMHO you should have stayed with LO.
Old May 24, 2015, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Diotallevi
I did manage to get my JFK flight on BA switched to EWR.
So the time you lose connecting in LHR (vs HEL) you'll possibly recover in EWR (immigration + going downtown)

I'd have gone with AY (LO) due to the better hard product, but for a six hours flight it's not that crucial.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.