Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL-BKK

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

HEL-BKK

We're going to Thailand for the first time this summer. After getting a really, really good deal for a family of 4, we chose the BGO-HEL-BKK route. I'm a little scared of flying, so the aircraft being used is important to me. I know AY are using a343 on that route. I have been flying a343 with other airlines several times, and like the aircraft. After some research now, I see that AY are using two reallly old aircrafts usually on that route, OH-LQF and OH-LQG. This scared me a bit... My question is, is there any websites that will show me what plane that actually will fly HEL-BKK on my departure date? We're flying on June 23rd.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
In Y I don't think it matters. In C it's not too bad either, but not up to today's standards - though incomparable better than in Y. But you got a good deal, so enjoy
Old May 20, 2015, 1:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Welcome to Flyertalk, Norskejenta!

As far as I know, there is no reliable public site that can tell you what plane will be flying. By looking at the seat map presented by Finnair, it is possible to deduct which plane they currently are planning to use. This is not 100% certain, because airlines need to re-plan things now and then.

I've had a look and on june 23 HEL-BKK it looks like they will use either OH-LQF or OH-LQG.
Even if these aircraft are the older ones in Finnair's fleet, you should know that this age is nowhere near "old" in terms of security.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
In Y I don't think it matters. In C it's not too bad either, but not up to today's standards - though incomparable better than in Y. But you got a good deal, so enjoy
Hmm, the girl is worried about that the old 343 will go down. Seriously, do you think it matters if she´s in Y or C in that case??
Old May 20, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JoWa
Hmm, the girl is worried about that the old 343 will go down. Seriously, do you think it matters if she´s in Y or C in that case??
Priority disembarkation?

No but seriously, Finnair is one of the safest airlines in the world and the maintenance standards for all aircraft are high. You'll be ok.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies...�� I'm new here on this site, so are not familiar with all the codes yet. So not quite sure what Y and C means. But anyway, we're seated in 22 A and C, and 23 A and C. I believe this is Economy Comfort seats...?
Old May 20, 2015, 2:58 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
We tend to speak in codes, yes. Some things we talk soo much about, it is just quicker to do so. You'll get the hang of it quickly. (and there is a glossary here)
C is business class and Y is economy. And, yes those seats are economy comfort - they are sometimes called Y+
Old May 20, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: AY Gold
If inflight entertainment is important to you better bring your own stuff, those two old A343's OH-LQF and OH-LQG have old dated system and tiny screens in Economy.

Good news is these birds are the first ones to leave when A350 arrives. If you choose AY to BKK next winter you can get a shiny new bird ^
Old May 21, 2015, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JoWa
She wrote that she was scared - on FT "scared" usually means "scared of the champagne being lukewarm and the sheet's threadcount sub-par"
Old May 21, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN
She wrote that she was scared - on FT "scared" usually means "scared of the champagne being lukewarm and the sheet's threadcount sub-par"
Or Finnish FA doing too long welcome announcements?
Old May 22, 2015, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by esledo
Tell me about it, promoting a chocolate bar in 3 different languages when you're trying to sleep.
Old May 22, 2015, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by esledo
Scary biker types?
Old May 22, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Scary biker types?
Helsinki's Angels?
Old May 22, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
This summer AY is using most probably the two old A343 - anything else is just wishful thinking.
Old May 22, 2015, 5:03 pm

No reason to worry.
The champagne is normally very cold.
Almost as cold as the red wine even!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.