Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

2015 Runway maintenance HEL - pax rights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Runway maintenance HEL - pax rights?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I have a massive longhaul schedule starting in 4 weeks and no schedule changes to be seen in MMB so far. (They have bumped me out of one exit row seat and one 1L but I guess that is unrelated and courtesy of loyalty management)

Agree with posters that waiting until T-2weeks to announce cancellations and schedule changes is damaging the trust severely. It speaks volumes of the internal culture focused on costs and ignorant to customer experience impairment.
Old May 17, 2015, 1:02 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
Agree with posters that waiting until T-2weeks to announce cancellations and schedule changes is damaging the trust severely. It speaks volumes of the internal culture focused on costs and ignorant to customer experience impairment.
My announcement came more than four weeks in advance.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I recveived a first pair of emails two months early that a booking of mine was changed - except it was not. I assume this was due to the reorg of FlyBe Nordic.

Now 5 weeks to the trip, I got a pair of mails from CheckMyTrip then from AY, that the schedule actually moved. It is unclear if it stems from the construction work or from the FlyBe hand-over; the flights are to/from TAY.

(Amazing that CheckMyTrip actually works properly at something!)
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
As long you get to know about schedule changes beforehand you can plan with it.

This week-end my flight to HEL had a 50min delay because we didn't get an earlier landing slot. The runway maintenance broke this time my connection and caused a 7h lay over.

I booked the ticket less than 2 weeks in advance so Finnair could have planed an appropriate buffer.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
It's not that easy. Move one flight earlier, and you have to move a number of other flights using the same plane earlier too. Add scheduling constraints for connections in the opposite direction and limited runway slots...

Finavia does maintainance during summer peak travel season, because of weather concerns the rest of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.