Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 12:57 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by nordic
...It is a south-western swedish-speaking primary school who has created the menu.
Geez, why don't you tell us how you really feel...

And by the way, it is a marketing thing to involve the school system:
“We are extremely proud to take part in these collaboration initiatives with Finnair and to promote Finnish school meals in Finland and abroad,” says Seija Kurunmäki, Executive Director of the ELO Foundation. “Finland was the first country in the world to serve free school meals in 1943. Gradually, school meals in Finland have become more varied and are today part of a holistic pedagogic tool which extends far beyond the school lunch.”
And no, the school did not create the menu.
The meals were selected by students from the Cygnaeus school in Turku during a workshop at Finnair’s catering premises, and tailored to fit the aircraft environment.
Kids selected from what was presented. For all we know finnish speaking staff at HOTT could have made a choice to omit other food, making 'macaroni and meat casserole' the best available.

And why no lash against these 50 000 fellow citizens' taste?
Finnair will also celebrate Finland’s 100 years by offering rye bread and Karelian pies during the meal service onboard its long-haul flights. Both items were in the top 3 when nearly 50 000 Finns voted in a public call to find Finland’s national food as a tribute to the country’s centennial anniversary.
Old May 24, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I did the same, got the same answer and 10000 points within 12 hours.
I did the same, got the same answer within 12hours and no points.
Old May 24, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
I got 2000 points within like 2 hours...
Old May 24, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Me, 5000 points and I didn't even write anything, just talked to the purser. She must have filed the feedback on my behalf because I got a written reply from AY.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Geez, why don't you tell us how you really feel...
????????

The point was that there was one comment that meat balls should belong to school lunch and not to airline meals (albeit short-haul business class). Despite of that Finnair has decided that meat balls belong not only to school lunches but also to airline food. I like meat balls and Swedish language and prefer to speak Swedish with Swedish-speaking people. And I wouldn't be "nordic" if Swedish would be a problem. And school kids are fine. Because of the cost-savings the quality of school lunches has gone down in many communities (not all) in Finland and these savings are critisized often in the press. I would like to see Finnair chefs to give the communities tips how to improve the quality without increasing the cost. That would celebrate the free lunches much more. To quote you, geez what's your problem?

Last edited by nordic; May 24, 2017 at 4:32 pm
Old May 24, 2017, 11:28 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
My problem is that I make a lot of decisions using that sixth sense called intuition. It is a finely tuned tool that produces results in microseconds even when there is not enough apparent information available. For good and for bad. This time I failed to catch the meatball reference and was sent down the the wrong path into a death spiral. I apologize profusely!
Old May 25, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by intuition
My problem is that I make a lot of decisions using that sixth sense called intuition. It is a finely tuned tool that produces results in microseconds even when there is not enough apparent information available. For good and for bad. This time I failed to catch the meatball reference and was sent down the the wrong path into a death spiral. I apologize profusely!
No problem. I wasn't clear enough.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
Me, 5000 points and I didn't even write anything, just talked to the purser. She must have filed the feedback on my behalf because I got a written reply from AY.
They must be using darts or roulette to determine how valuable each customer feedback is! Reading all these posts leaves me quite puzzled of how they really value it
Old May 25, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I guess it's handled by their Raffle Department. I haven't won any points for any feedback I've sent so far. But for sure, to keep the track of all their raffles, they definitely need some PROs to take care of it. And in spare time, they probably play with feedback awards. Dream job.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:20 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
They must be using darts or roulette to determine how valuable each customer feedback is! Reading all these posts leaves me quite puzzled of how they really value it
Well, I got my upgrade back, I can sort of see the logic there. Other point amounts? Who knows? Phase of the moon?
Old May 25, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Plat (OWE) + a few other noble metal ones
Recent observations from short-haul J servings. I hope liquids are not too OT:

For bubbly both Nicholas Feuillatte & Joseph Perrier. They are unfortunately in the process of shifting back to the latter, after a couple of years of better times with N. Feuillatte.

No lemons on-board(!) I do hope this has been a temporary glitch during my very last flights only? Destroys my G&T, where T is the excellent Fever-Tree.

BTW, I have not seen a single printed menu on the last several flights.

- Oh what problems we have to endure in the first world ;-)
Old May 27, 2017, 2:11 pm

I just read a trip report on business class flight to Bangkok. The choices for dessert were Geisha bisquits, Wilhelmina short-bread and ice-cream (albeit excellent Jymy). That's for a long-haul flight. In that sense Fazer chocholate and a blueberry pie is more than adequate (not really). The only positive thing was that it was cheese and dessert. I hope there will be cheese on short-haul too like BA has.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Friday 26.5. afternoon HELLHR, 8 rows of J, only a few seats empty, took over 30 min. for service to start, after that, no complaints..., but 30min is a bit long. New snack with the aperitif (Street Food Louisiana Hickory Barbeque almonds, green peas and sesame sticks, really tasty!), very good portion of salmon with mashed potatoes and unindentified sauce, appetizer was a one piece of cured meat, maybe reindeer, with some sort of salad, maybe barley or something of the sort, quite tasteless....
Would be nice to have even a small menucard (doesn't have to be fancy) so you'd know what you are eating and to know what drinks are available.

and there was the Fazer blueberry pie,

Last edited by sakari1707; May 28, 2017 at 7:15 am Reason: forgot to mention the dessert
Old May 28, 2017, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by on22cz
I guess it's handled by their Raffle Department. I haven't won any points for any feedback I've sent so far. But for sure, to keep the track of all their raffles, they definitely need some PROs to take care of it. And in spare time, they probably play with feedback awards. Dream job.

Maybe they are Pros... Probably they try to identify us on the forum by linking us to our compensation.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
LHR-HEL, Dinner

HEL-LHR, Dinner

More details in my trip report: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ss-w-pics.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.