Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Originally Posted by intuition
Didn't the final approach chocolates get replaced by the final approach commercials? We now get to watch mindnumbingly stupid and buzz-word filled commercials instead.
except on no screen 32B's...
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
I hope they enhanced the chocolates just because I hate it...

Anyway, today I had a nice seafood salad on HEL-OSL with whatever balsamic vinegar sauce thay have. On the return leg, however, they had those dry pasties. I didn't see anyone finish their plate.. Gave feedback to the CC. Nevertheless, I'm sure FinnairPlusRep will read this and forward my food feedback to the relevant people.

ps. I'd like ice cream on all flights.

Last edited by cistavoda; Aug 28, 2015 at 6:11 pm Reason: repetition and bad grammar
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I agree.
Wot? I thought they only passed chocolates around on ATRs before ~2009? (nvm Godiva)
Anyway I hate chocolate. Thank heavens no more chocolate.
Same here, dislike both chocs and most desserts, except a good cheesecake.

Very happy with CX serving a nice "DIY" cheese plate option from the trolley on their 3,5 hour HKG - ICN flights, about the same as HEL - BCN/FCO/MAD/MXP would last.

Any chance AY could follow BA and bring back cheese in some form at least for the 3+ Euro flights (including LHR)?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:11 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Regards from HOT Budapest. Flew back J and was served this:

- Wild boar pate, grape compote and parsley oil (tasted OK)
- Fried chicken breast, potatoes with marjoram, bell pepper, zucchini and herb butter (one of the most tasteless dinner I ever had on AY J, all veggies way overcooked)
- Godiva chocolate pralines (better than Daim ball)

The whole flight was ONE experience. As a few of us has mentioned earlier, also on this flight the starter was served on a plastic plate. When I asked cabin crew why I received a weird stare and this as a reply: "Maybe we don't have plates or dishwashers enough. Sometimes it happens. My colleagues and I were thinking the same yesterday on London flight."

I also mentioned that I wished I could have had aperitif before the dinner service (nothing happened for about 30–40 minutes after take off and when something finally happened they served food already without drinks). Reply was: "I'll serve meals first to these more hungry passengers and I then will focus on your cocktail. Is that okay?"

I then said that aperitif usually is served before dinner and got reply: "It depends on who's working."

After I finished my starter, the head of cabin crew said: "Maybe I should take this plastic stuff away that you don't have to stare it."

I was speechles. Later on, one cabin crew member who was serving Y passengers walked to the front kitchen and stared me like an insect... (Wasn't difficult to figure out what or who was the topic behind the scenes on this flight.)

In the end of the flight, when I was about to disembark, I said: "Thank you. Hope I wasn't too difficult customer. Good night."

Then this crew member almost hugged me and said no, you were not.

What a flight!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I hope they enhanced the chocolates just because I hate it...
Stop this. If you hate it, you'll be a good boy and collect it for redistribution at the next HEL DO to members more of the Godiva persuasion
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
In the end of the flight, when I was about to disembark, I said: "Thank you. Hope I wasn't too difficult customer. Good night."

Then this crew member almost hugged me and said no, you were not.

What a flight!
Indeed - and I'd say un-typical. I'd still have hugged her, just for good measure
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
[QUOTE=wkndtraveler;25357187]Regards from HOT Budapest. Flew back J and was served this:

"I'll serve meals first to these more hungry passengers and I then will focus on your cocktail. Is that okay?"

I/QUOTE]

How many hungry were there?

Plastic also on LHRHEL on Sunday, so seems to be a norm now.....

To start service only after 30-40 min is not acceptable in C.

On BA domestic (one class) they manage to serve all customers on a full flight a drink and a snack on a 35 min flight....
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:18 am

[QUOTE=sakari1707;25359553]
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Regards from HOT Budapest. Flew back J and was served this:

"I'll serve meals first to these more hungry passengers and I then will focus on your cocktail. Is that okay?"

I/QUOTE]

How many hungry were there?

Plastic also on LHRHEL on Sunday, so seems to be a norm now.....

On BA domestic (one class) they manage to serve all customers on a full flight a drink and a snack on a 35 min flight....
We were nine passengers in business and economy wasn't even close to full.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Stop this. If you hate it, you'll be a good boy and collect it for redistribution at the next HEL DO to members more of the Godiva persuasion
Ok, will do! ^
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by sakari1707
Yes, I think that, too. This time they decided to serve first food (after a long wait) and just after that came drinks. Some pax finished their food before the drink trolley arrived. Not acceptable. After I had finished my starter, I got cocktail and then I was asked if I wanted to have snacks, too. At that point I of course declined. So, on this flight they didn't serve either those snacks along with aperitif even if they had them onboard.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the same route (BUD-HEL) I consequently get my first bottle of champagne with those snacks even before the landing gear is retracted (OK, somewhat exaggarating)

Really strange experience you had!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
You want us to collect the purple cake (with dubious declaration of content and best before several years into the future) too?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by intuition
You want us to collect the purple cake (with dubious declaration of content and best before several years into the future) too?
I like the purple cake, so please collect it for me
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Perfect! Finnair's idea of a bookswap at HEL might have failed, but the cookie swap will apparently work!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like the purple cake, so please collect it for me
Just what I thought!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.